PDA

View Full Version : Need Magura Clutch Pics

JOEX
10-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Will someone post a pic of a Magura clutch attachment at the crankcase please.

NacsMXer
10-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Sorry for the bad pic, but it's the best one I have right now.
What exactly would you like to know, i'd be happy to help if I can:)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid174/p78235a2d3a20aa59a62cca50bb3571a4/f38ff99e.jpg

JOEX
10-10-2005, 04:21 PM
I just wanted to know how long threaded bolt the cable goes through is supposed to be and if there is supposed to be a nut on there too.

NacsMXer
10-10-2005, 04:30 PM
So you have the threaded piece that came with it right? Because that is a specially machined piece. It is to the RIGHT of the black bracket that holds the slave cylinder to the clutch cover in the pic. Loosening this threaded sleeve will move the slave cylinder more to the front of the quad, and consequently will act as if you were tightening your clutch cable. How far out it needs to be depends on how worn your clutch is. I can tell you that I had to loosen mine quite a bit to achieve the required pull without letting the clutch slip.

Do the adjustments with the wheels in the air to see if the wheels still spin with the clutch pulled in. Just adjust the threaded sleeve either way until you find the sweet spot.

And yes, there is also a jam nut, which is an ordinary hex nut that is to the LEFT of that black bracket in the pic. It holds everything in place once the adjusments have been made. Also note that there must be enough of that sleeve protruding on the left of the bracket so the nut has some threads to grab onto.

Sorry if any of that was confusing

JOEX
10-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Made sense to me!;) Thanks:)

I bought this used and the threaded piece appears to be too short (broke) then it broke some more while I was putting it on. The nut didn't come with it either.

I might be able to get the adjustment parts from the old lever to work down there, we'll see...

Thanks again for your help:)

NacsMXer
10-10-2005, 04:44 PM
No problem, I hope you can work that out. I love my Magura, i'm pretty sure i'm spoiled from it! :blah: :D

JOEX
10-10-2005, 05:08 PM
This just may work..........

A bushing of some sort will be needed where the slave cylinder goes into the adjuster though.

JDiablo
10-10-2005, 05:12 PM
you will love that setup joe :devil:

I ran it with my hinson clutch basket and sparks 8 plate clutch,like butter it shifted:macho

JOEX
10-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
you will love that setup joe :devil:

I ran it with my hinson clutch basket and sparks 8 plate clutch,like butter it shifted:macho
I was reading some old posts and many said they couldn't get it to work with the Hinson. How'd you get yours to work? Maybe it was just the Hinson cover......

JDiablo
10-10-2005, 05:26 PM
just the hinson clutch cover,the basket will work

NacsMXer
10-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
This just may work..........

A bushing of some sort will be needed where the slave cylinder goes into the adjuster though.

Now that's a way to use your thinking cap! :D :cool: That setup looks straight to me! Good job on that Joe. Looks AOF too, no tools needed :devil:

I would have never thought an old clutch adjuster would
just-so-happen to fit perfectly in the bracket :p

Colby@C&DRacing
10-11-2005, 09:40 AM
I forgot that was broke because I have been using it that way for a year and didn't remember it broke on me :(

NacsMXer
10-11-2005, 11:52 AM
Yeah I know Colby, I love the setup but the whole slave cylinder and the rod that attaches to the clutch arm seem VERY fragile and easy to break. I remember how nerve racking it was when I tried to hook mine up for the first time. Especially with my HD clutch springs, trying to get the clutch arm close enough to the rod without bending the rod in some way was kinda scary. I always keep an eye on it for leaks but its always been good!...knock on wood :p

JOEX
10-11-2005, 02:52 PM
I found it easier to slide the rod into the arm before mounting the bracket. That was after several attempts using a screwdriver as a lever to push the arm over:ermm:

honda92
10-11-2005, 07:17 PM
here is a Billetanium slave cylinder i found on ebay but the mounting plate was not for a 400ex, we made a aluminum plate to connect to the heim joint to and that goldish peice is a peice off of a school bus throttle linkage. works like a champ. and a easy way to get the clutch arm to move is to put a rag around it and grab it with a vise grips.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a62/Honda92/Captured2005-7-2700006.jpg

JOEX
10-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by honda92
here is a Billetanium slave cylinder i found on ebay but the mounting plate was not for a 400ex, we made a aluminum plate to connect to the heim joint to and that goldish peice is a peice off of a school bus throttle linkage. works like a champ. and a easy way to get the clutch arm to move is to put a rag around it and grab it with a vise grips.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a62/Honda92/Captured2005-7-2700006.jpg
Nice fab work:)