PDA

View Full Version : LAWN DARTS!!! Anybody still have 'em?

250rAL
10-10-2005, 08:22 AM
I'd love to have some again. I know they were outlawed but they CAN'T be illegal to own,can they? I've looked on eBay but all they have are the "safe" ones. Where's the fun in that?

JR3
10-10-2005, 09:25 AM
my grandpa gave me some oringinal 1s a while ago.

underpowered
10-10-2005, 10:30 AM
i have a set that is missing 1 dart and the rings. i have five darts. Lots of fun.

steveatv3
10-10-2005, 10:35 AM
WTF why are they illegal we play them here at thee ol family reunions and picnics

trick450r
10-10-2005, 11:19 AM
what are they? they sound fun and dangerous though

PunkA$$
10-10-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by steveatv3
WTF why are they illegal we play them here at thee ol family reunions and picnics

Do you drink at your family reunions and picnics? If so, put the lawn darts away or wear your helmet.

PunkA$$
10-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
what are they? they sound fun and dangerous though

Very large lead darts that you hurl at each other...on the lawn of course.

Now they just make them with weighted tips like weeble wobbles. Less fun but also less people on the short bus.

10-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Punk*****
Very large lead darts that you hurl at each other...on the lawn of course.

Now they just make them with weighted tips like weeble wobbles. Less fun but also less people on the short bus.

you dont HURL them at each other, thats WHY they are ILLEGAL, because people misused them.. and i dont even know that they are illegal persay.. they just stopped making them.. or importing them..

Lawndarts is basically a easier way to play horseshoes.. you setup rings apart from each other, and while people STAND CLEAR of the other ring, you try to get the lawn darts into the ring from about 50-75 ft away..

The olderones had steel tips, that were blunt on the end, but some people would sharpen them to get them to stick better (not that it really needed it, unless you were throwing them into concrete) Fun game, expecially for picnics.. just keep them outta the hands of complete morons.

Jesse

ballisticpb
10-10-2005, 12:55 PM
yes they are even illegal to posses in the united states. After being pressed to investigate further, they found that in one year, there was 6700 injuries and 3 deaths related to the seemingly innocent toys. The blunt metal tip, as it comes crashing to the earth, can generate a whopping 23,000 pounds per sq. inch of force, making it no problem to turn a kid's head into a pincushion. In 1988 they were not only recalled, but made illegal to sell, even in thrift stores. you can not buy them on eBay they will close your auction...

some say you can even get arrested for possessing them they can be considered a weapon

any way... yes i do own three sets of these they are a fun game to play...

they look something like this
http://home.att.net/~planetgarp/jarts/jarts1.jpg

10-10-2005, 12:57 PM
same exact ones i have ;)

MOFO
10-10-2005, 12:58 PM
ok, I want to get a set of these.... we used to play with them all the time during our 4th of July picnic.

Just like anything else, it can be dangerous in the wrong hands.

Ghost-Rider
10-10-2005, 01:01 PM
yea i got a few sets still n yea they are outlawed because some retard probly spoke them famous words, hey guys watch this n threw it under his leg n hit his buddy in the face or balls or sum i dunno i jsut know there outlawed n we got a few sets n they might be worth somthing someday i duno

bwamos
10-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Lawn Dart

Imagine tossing that bugger 75ft.. and hitting some 3yr old kid in the head when he runs over to grab the first one you threw.

ballisticpb
10-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Lawn Dart

Imagine tossing that bugger 75ft.. and hitting some 3yr old kid in the head when he runs over to grab the first one you threw.

exactly why they are illegal

MOFO
10-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Imagine the same thing when a 3 yr old runs over to a horse shoe pit and gets smacked by an iron horse shoe that has been thrown...

You cant blame the products, blame the idiots using them!

vinson581
10-10-2005, 01:09 PM
i have 2 new sets :)

PunkA$$
10-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Imagine the same thing when a 3 yr old runs over to a horse shoe pit and gets smacked by an iron horse shoe that has been thrown...

You cant blame the products, blame the idiots using them!

I agree to a point. A horseshoe will ding you up pretty good. But it won't impale you.

Also in horseshoes you have a designated area to throw them while I think we've all (who were born before '85) tried seeing how high we could throw a lawn dart straight up.

MOFO
10-10-2005, 01:40 PM

Also in horseshoes you have a designated area to throw them while I think we've all (who were born before '85) tried seeing how high we could throw a lawn dart straight up.

I see your point as well, but using your example above, how is it the darts fault when you act like an idiot with them?

I agree, it can be a dangerous product, but making it completely illegal is just wrong IMO.

Woodsrider
10-10-2005, 01:40 PM
I agree to a point. A horseshoe will ding you up pretty good. But it won't impale you.

LMAO yep! Been there, done that.

Rico
10-10-2005, 01:42 PM
When I was about 13 a kid 7 doors down caught one in the back of the head....:eek:

He lived and turned out fine but dam was it a crazy day of lawn darts......:o

PunkA$$
10-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
I see your point as well, but using your example above, how is it the darts fault when you act like an idiot with them?

I agree, it can be a dangerous product, but making it completely illegal is just wrong IMO.

Kid, Idiot, what's the difference?

I agree though if it is illegal to own a set that's ridiculous. However I can see why they were discontinued.

Hondadudeehhhh
10-10-2005, 04:41 PM
i think they should use them at family reunions, cut out the part of the gene pool where it starts

PolarisRider06
10-10-2005, 04:48 PM
i might just have to get the set out of my grandpas shed... i will agree with everyone else its not the product its the user.... if people thought about it for a second what about the little toy bow and arrows i bet many eyes have been lost to them and how about trampolines, there are quite a few people who die from neck injuries every year and many more who break bones... its all just depends on how you look at it and who is using the product and how they use it....

TheFontMaster
10-10-2005, 06:41 PM
And all this time I thought you were suposed to be throwing them at each other.:o

knelson
10-10-2005, 09:11 PM
I think they should outlaw guns.........I've heard of a lot of people gettin killed by them also

PolarisRider06
10-11-2005, 04:08 PM
dont even start on that man... they outlaw guns they sure as hell aint taking mine.... all of those hippie *******s who are against guns just need to realise its the few idiots that use them wrong and by outlawing guns you wont stop the killing because the people who normally use them to kill people normally have bought the guns illegally in the first place or stole them... so pretty much outlawing guns wont do $#!7 other than stop some of the accidents...

derekhonda
10-11-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by PolarisRider06
dont even start on that man... they outlaw guns they sure as hell aint taking mine.... all of those hippie *******s who are against guns just need to realise its the few idiots that use them wrong and by outlawing guns you wont stop the killing because the people who normally use them to kill people normally have bought the guns illegally in the first place or stole them... so pretty much outlawing guns wont do $#!7 other than stop some of the accidents...

Ok, horrible logic, but a good answer. and also, if you reread the post above you...that was sarcasm. polarisrider06, meet sarcasm. shake its hand. now you are formally introduced.

knelson
10-11-2005, 04:59 PM
I will second that, I was trying to say anything can be dangerous in the wrong hands

PolarisRider06
10-12-2005, 06:45 PM
yeah i know he was being sarcastic.... sorry that it came across how it did.... i just figured i'd put that up there in case there was some idiot on here who decided he was serious about saying guns should be outlawed and was on the side of outlawing them... not that anyone on here would be but i just figured i'd get that out there.... i just wanted to get my ideas on that across in case one of those hippie *******s happens to show up here.... once again sorry about that.... lol