PDA

View Full Version : Can't get my 250r to fire

TheFontMaster
10-09-2005, 09:50 PM
I posted this in the powertrain forum, but I'm not getting any help there, mabey I'll have better luck here.

Well I was messing with the wireing a little to get the kill switch hooked up, and I ended up not getting the kill switch hooked up, and it won't start. I spliced the kill switch into the ground wire first, and since that was the wrong way, I just replaced the ground wire so I didn't have any splices in it. Then I cut the rubb around the yellow/black wire to expose some wire because that is where I have to hook the kill switch wire into, but I did not cut through that wire. Now I am not running the stock stop switch, with the on/off, and light switches, and a kill switch was not ever wired in, and it would start and run normal even without those. I checked all the normal stuff, ground wire, it's getting gas, new plug, and I think the problem is that it isn't getting spark, but It sounds almost like it wants to start.

bobby bo
10-10-2005, 01:18 AM
get a multimeter, check the stator and pick-up . stator 180-190 ohms, pick-up coil 115ohms make sure you connected the wires from the stator to the harness the correct way red-red, yellow/white to like color. check the manual to get correct colors. make sure your plug is good.

XCredrider
10-10-2005, 02:47 PM
to check if you are getting spark take out the plug and plug it into the plug boot. set it on the head of the motor and kick teh motor over. you should see a spark. if not then you know what the problem is. hope this helps :cool:

ground_zero298
10-10-2005, 07:09 PM
if those 2 wires are touching or the yellow/black is grounding out/touching bare metal it won't start.

ommkevin
10-10-2005, 07:14 PM
check 4 spark

TheFontMaster
10-10-2005, 07:42 PM
I checked for spark, and there was none. I'll be picking up a multimeter in a couple days. I'm gonna check all the wires again tomorow after school, hopefully it will just be something that I over looked.