PDA

View Full Version : Racing Tips on Turns ??

QuadTrix6
06-15-2002, 01:03 PM
Whats the best place to be when aproaching a turn....turning...and comming out of a turn, are you supposed to be standing or sitting and if sitting where on the seat should you e far back??? any help would be great..thanks :huh

and when you turn is it ok to hit the back break without pulling in the clutch? i feel like im killing my back break cause i use it to try and slide into turns , but i don't always pull the clutch

ridered86
06-15-2002, 06:07 PM
when i head into a turn i hammer the gas so it looks like im goin over the burm,when i get right on top of it i shift down tap the front brakes so the wheels dont push through the turn then about half way tap the rears to swing it around then get back on the gas as fast as posssible.

hope it helps:D

harebounder
06-16-2002, 09:16 AM
I stay on the seat or hanging off. Get your wieght on the inside of the machine. You want to go as hard into the corner as you can with the hardest exit speed. I usally don't use my back brakes at all unless i go too fast into the corner. Use your front brakes get your weight on the inside tap your rear brake if you can't get it to slide out. I usally try using the gas to slide it out. When you have gone through the appex of the turn start sliding your weight back and center on the machine for traction. It all very's it what type of turns you are doing. Bermed turns, flat turns, sweepers. Seat time is the best way to get better. Slipping your clutch and gas control. Just try different methods. All turns are different.

06-16-2002, 07:07 PM
wow u put alot of work into ur turns just go ball out into the turn and pray lmao thats what i do :D
killer

seven
06-16-2002, 07:41 PM
Most turns you will not use your rear breaks unless you are going to fast to make the corner. When you hit the appex of the turn you will grab the front break to set the front wheels into the corner then nail the gas to get the rear around. Two reasons for this is it keeps the rotating mass at the crank spinning(when you lock up the rear it slows the motor, You can pull in the clutch but it still has to build rpm back up. Two, with the front end set in a corner your rear will come around faster. It takes lots of practice to get the timing down to do it this way but its worth the effort if you race!

airheadedduner
06-16-2002, 10:28 PM
Now thats an open question. It all depends on the corner and if you are trying to pass someone. MOst the time I take a late apex. Get the bike side ways early with the throttle and brake(mostly front) keeping your hand on the clutch so you can slip it if you need to to keep the revs up. Keep your weight inside and forward a little to put weight on the front wheels. Don't forget that clutch to keep your revs up, it saves a lot of time over shifting. As soon as you cross the apex start to move your weight back to get traction.

QuadTrix6
06-17-2002, 06:15 PM
THANKS FOR THE TIPS GUYS IT DEFINETLY HELPED :D :D :D