PDA

View Full Version : +3 A-arms and flat track front tires???

QuadJunkies
10-09-2005, 05:21 PM
I ran +2 AArms last year, this year I have +3 aarms and would like to buy a new set of FT tires for the front, not sure on if I Even Can???

isnt that going to set my width well over 50 inches?? :huh :confused:

right now I have a 3/2 offset, I know I really need a 4/1, I couldnt find a Doulgas rim that had the offset when we called to order that last set.I dont want t obe so WIDE that Im pushin like crazy :scary:
What are my options besides +2 Aarms, thats not an option ;) Or am I stuck using a different tire :ermm:

BlueZ440
10-09-2005, 06:22 PM
yeah look again for a 4/1 offset.. or turn your wheels

QuadJunkies
10-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Can some one tell we what options for wheels I would have that come a 4/1 offset??? A FT tire is pretty wide itself,so my concern is ,will I STILL be over the 50 in mark even with a 4/1 offset wheel?? :confused:

My wheels cant be turned

clarkymckrash
10-09-2005, 09:06 PM
also worry about being wider in the front than your rear,this will tighten you up in the center of the turn and you will get a push coming off the turn,unless you run on a slick surface......

QuadJunkies
10-09-2005, 09:09 PM
My front has an offset from the rear,about 2 inches
I ran the same measurements before I had the AArms, the only difference now is its a true offset not a wheel spacer nowand I had astock Axle then . I really liked this set up for MX, but I havent rode it with the +4 Axle FT racing yet.

Cody_300ex
10-10-2005, 06:29 PM
you'll probalby be right at 50 inches. If its just a tad over,when you got threw tech inspection, raise it up as if you were goin to the mx track, it makes it a bit narrower. Altho you would be better off just running 4-1 wheels.

seven
10-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Shamrock beadlocks make a true 4 1 offset. I had a set for a while.

QuadJunkies
10-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by seven
Shamrock beadlocks make a true 4 1 offset. I had a set for a while. Wernt thye heavy though?? I was thinking that was why you sold them?? Who else makes a 4/1 offset? I would rather NOT go with an ITP if at all possible

seven
10-11-2005, 05:25 AM
Yep, They were pretty heavy. How about Hypers?

QuadJunkies
10-11-2005, 10:28 AM
Yep, They were pretty heavy. How about Hypers? Afer the horror stories Ive heard from a few I dont think I would ever buy a set :chinese: I think Even Cory said he had trouble with his . I really dont want to have to spent that much on a wheel either ;)

seven
10-11-2005, 04:20 PM
I seen how you guys throw money around like its water, I know you can afford it. All those trips to Hawaii then 2 weeks later the bahamas. Hypers aint nothing for you bank account

BlueZ440
10-11-2005, 06:56 PM
I seen how you guys throw money around like its water, I know you can afford it. All those trips to Hawaii then 2 weeks later the bahamas. Hypers aint nothing for you bank account

LMAO

QuadJunkies
10-11-2005, 11:43 PM
I seen how you guys throw money around like its water, I know you can afford it. All those trips to Hawaii then 2 weeks later the bahamas. Hypers aint nothing for you bank account LMAO!!!

Yeah........... RIIIIIGHT!!!! Thats why Troy doesnt have a new quad yet too Eh ! :o :p

I found a set of wheels for sale, Ill just have to see if they are still up for grabs when money is avail. If need be, I know Izzy sells a 4/1 offset ;)