PDA

View Full Version : 300ex bearings/bushings

mhunt
10-09-2005, 03:17 PM
I've been searching online for a while now, there are many online vendors. I've also searched ebay, but i'd like to knwo where you all order parts. I need some new carrier bearings and the seals that go with the kit as well. I need to replace all of my front A-arm bushings as well. What should i be paying for these things and are there any brands that i need to watch out for?

I'm having trouble finding the a-arm bushings for what i think is a reasonable price.

robichjr
10-10-2005, 02:42 AM
You’ll probably have a lot of people telling you to go with Pivot Work$$$$. I, like you, looked for the best deals. Here is what I wound up buying:

A-arm bushings from Modquad.com, $68.00

Lower front shock bushings from Atvbushings.com, $15.00

Bearings from ebay store ”VXB Bearings Skateboard and Slotcar”, front wheel bearings and rear carrier bearings, $10.00 (quality?:confused: )

Seals from sladedtt@adelphia.net (Should have gotten the bearings from there too!) Shoot them an email or check ‘em out on ebay under the store name “ATV Dirtbike Bearings and Seals”. I don't remember how much, but they were relatively inexpensive.

mhunt
10-10-2005, 09:31 AM
i've heard a lot of bad stuff about the ebay bearings......BUT, how have they lasted in your application?

robichjr
10-10-2005, 04:37 PM
I have not finished my "rebuild" yet. My bike has not been off of the stand since I've installed them.

Trevor
10-11-2005, 07:08 AM
I find that it is better if you pop the seal off the bearings and add more grease to them. I did this to my pivot works axle bearings 2 years ago and they are still good. We also packed the carrier with grease to keeep the water out.

dirtmomma
10-11-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by robichjr
You’ll probably have a lot of people telling you to go with Pivot Work$$$$. I, like you, looked for the best deals. Here is what I wound up buying:

A-arm bushings from Modquad.com, $68.00

Lower front shock bushings from Atvbushings.com, $15.00

Bearings from ebay store ”VXB Bearings Skateboard and Slotcar”, front wheel bearings and rear carrier bearings, $10.00 (quality?:confused: )

Seals from sladedtt@adelphia.net (Should have gotten the bearings from there too!) Shoot them an email or check ‘em out on ebay under the store name “ATV Dirtbike Bearings and Seals”. I don't remember how much, but they were relatively inexpensive.

I purchased the bearings from the Ebay store VXB & they DID NOT last for chit!!!!! Yes I saved $$ right then, they came w/ the front bearings also well needless to say it was only about 3 months & I just replaced them AGAIN!!!

This time I went w/ some from my local parts guy ;) they were comparable to Mooose which is what we put in my hubbys 400ex & his have held up GREAT!!! You can pick up the Mooses ones for about $40 tahts about what I paid for my new ones too!! And they come WITH the seals, the ones on Ebay DO NOT!!!!!!!

I did just put a new stopper screw back in the bottom of my carrier also :o when we bought it used I don't think it was in there so that was SOME of the reason my bearings were bad but they weere cheap also :)