PDA

View Full Version : rappie project pics!!

tater_kamik
10-09-2005, 12:13 PM
finally got some, i didnt take them but hey, i cant complain. obviously i didnt finish adjusting the front end....

raptor! (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tater_kamik/album?.dir=798d&urlhint=actn,mv%3as,4%3af,0%3asdir,Mail+Attachment s%3addir,raptor)

TheRidinLife01
10-09-2005, 03:04 PM
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

looks good tater

are those +3 arms?

and deffinetally get that front end adjusted before you decide to ride:huh

tater_kamik
10-09-2005, 03:49 PM
those are +2 actually, ind its getting adjusted for me as we speak since i am out of country for a bit. i appreciate it!

TheRidinLife01
10-09-2005, 07:30 PM
looks great, make sure to post up some pics of the 100% completed project....i am officially impressed with it though:eek2:

good to see some one else as interested in a raptor as me. im working on my project now- 02 gncc raptor

tater_kamik
10-10-2005, 04:20 PM
pics!! i will post pics of riding when i get back, and of it fully finished of course. how goes your project?

Live2Ride300
10-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Hey man, the Raptor came out pretty sweet! How did all those parts work out for you?

Foxracin
10-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Do you have your spindles on the right sides? I havent ever seen the tie-rods in front of the shocks like that.:confused:

tater_kamik
10-14-2005, 08:01 PM
the parts worked out great!! i cant wait to ride it... hmm, as for the spindles, im not sure now because they are supposed to go on the other way... i need to stop drinking when i work on it...

Foxracin
10-14-2005, 08:20 PM
Yea, you got them on the wrong side. Every Raptor I have ever seen the tie rods are behind the shocks. That could be why your alignment is all off to.

tater_kamik
10-15-2005, 03:47 PM
the alignment just was never done, but you are right! i remember what happened too, i took them off, and i was trying to do like 20 things at one time... alchohol may have been involved too, but man! i cant believe i never even saw that! im gonna go hit my head against a wall now....

Foxracin
10-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Yea. I dont know why it jumped out at me. lol It was one of the first things I noticed on it.

Robin Hood
10-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Foxracin
Yea. I dont know why it jumped out at me. lol It was one of the first things I noticed on it.

Ditto, your front end looked pretty sketchy at first but hey it's still not done. Looking great though, my XC project rap is coming together now and although the work wasnt as near as extensive as yours I think its gunna be pretty cool.

Wanna see it all together on a track! :devil:

Foxracin
10-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Mines going down for a little rebuild this winter to get ready for nexy years XC season. lol

tater_kamik
10-17-2005, 05:49 PM
called the guy who is working on it right now, he was laughing and said he already fixed it... lets see, i think what he said was "only you could do that" pretty funny, but atleast it is done, apparently fully done too (though my dad didnt go get it yet for me, he is watching my quads, etc while i am out of country) running like a monster from what he said... cant wait!

robinhood, post some pics if you can!!

foxracin, what are you doing for the rebuild?

Foxracin
10-17-2005, 06:52 PM
PC a few parts, clean everything up realy good, and 11-1 piston and stage 1 cam probably. Not much stuff left that i can buy without getting better shocks and arms and stuff and thats to much $$$ for me now. Mines aobut modded out.:(

tater_kamik
10-18-2005, 04:47 PM
you could get your shocks revalved, would definately make a huge difference in handling, or you could get some used axis, ohlins, or elka shocks for cheap and get them revalved, that wouldnt be too horribly expensive if you got regular travel arms. i ended up paying a little over 200 for my burgard +2 +1 arms! it was such a good deal i decided to not get long travel. you do have some really good parts, several i want to get one day! when are you gonna start ripping it apart?

Foxracin
10-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Probably sometime at the start of December. I plan on getting a Prm Baja front bumper, Prm Baja Grab bar, Steering stabilizer, Engine skid, and brake lines by then. Im going to PC the bumper, grab bar, rings on my beadlocks, swinger, a-arms, hubs, axle locknut, brak hub, sprocket hub, and my bars all black. Then the motor parts that probly it but a few more parts will probly get added if I find anything I need.

I can finally race XC lol just turned 16 today and you got to be 16 to racei n the series around here. It sucked. Therse 2 races left this year that im going to race and I plan on running all the races next year and run for points.:D

tater_kamik
10-18-2005, 08:56 PM
dont pc the bumper or grab!! buy them from pappy, they already pc'd!!! check out the pics in his bk performance forum, its in an sticky on the top. i got an noss dampener, went on easily, and it seems to be the same as all of the other dampeners out there except the scott. it only cost me like 130 or less, it might have been 100, i dont remember... you have to check out the pictures pappy is posting on his pc jobs, you can get some great color ideas from them. that sucks you have to be 16, but hey, now you dont have to worry about that anymore!! congrats on the bday, have an good one!!

slamdak8782
11-06-2005, 12:57 PM
Damn Tate that thing turned out sweet. I'm proud because I helped put that sweet machine togethor. Props check out my new beast project cant wait to ride again with ya.

tater_kamik
11-06-2005, 01:35 PM
im very happy with it, i just wish i had gone ahead and done long travel... what all are you doing now? working on the r or the ex?