PDA

View Full Version : Any ARIZONA riders?

own2424
06-15-2002, 11:36 AM
Hey AZ riders. I am from NJ, but this summer i am shipping my quad down to Yuma, AZ to ride. I've visited the dunes (Emperial Dunes) over there this past christmas break but i didnt bring my quad that time. Now, does anyone know where Emperial dunes are, and does anyone ride over there? If i go, ill be there in JULY, i know its gonna be hott, but ill live with it. Also, does anyone know where i can rent quads in that area? I have two little cousins that are like 10years old (never rode quads before) that might want to join me. I am going to be visiting their house in YUMA for the summer. Ok Thanks! Just fill me in on some INFO in the YUMA area. THANKS!

This is what ill be bringing down with me:

06-16-2002, 09:46 AM
Dude... you wont be there for long. Its only mid june, and its 110 already over in Glamis.

Not only that, but it will be a ghost town. You MIGHT see an occasional rider at night, when it cools down to 100.
Im not sure if your familiar with 110-115 degrees, but it is unberable. (sp?)

Sorry for the bad news, but you are coming a long way.
You need to know these things.

-Matt

ps. Imperial dunes (Glamis) is THE riding area for California, AZ ect. People travel from ALLL over the country for Glamis.
Visit during the fall, winter and specifically any holiday during that time of year, and it is PACKED. Glamis is AWSOME. (during the winter)

own2424
06-16-2002, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the Reply. I am booking my ticket today. Ill be there for around 3 weeks. To ride those dunes, do i need a ticker/pass to ride there? I know that over here we need to sticker to get into the riding areas, is it the same over htere? Also, what kinda tires should i buy? Thanks!

fooracer
06-17-2002, 07:00 PM
well, you've got huge huevos for going there this time of year. You'll need to purchase a pass at the rangers station. Last year i went in mid October and it was unbearable, but if you've never ridden in dunes before or even if you have you'll have a blast. You can get a map of the area at the station when you purchase the pass.
Brad
:cool:

400thumper
06-26-2002, 05:30 PM
own2424 i would'nt but the pass don't think you'll see any rangers that time of year.. i've live in phoenix been to the dunes in the summer just go at night you can't ride in the day time their right it's flipping hot .the dunes are called buttercup ..how long will you be in yuma ? my wife has been talking about a night run sometime soon i have some work to do on the motorhome ,it's awesome having the whole place to yourself .. later dave

own2424
06-26-2002, 05:42 PM
400THUMPER:

Well, ill be in AZ from July 2- Aug 3. If you wanna get together for a night ride, lemme know. You can email me at Own2424@aol.com and we can discuss this. THANKS!

maverick
06-29-2002, 03:11 PM
Glamis is gunna be like 120º with no shade, and its a dry heat in the summer... if its 112º here in mesa its coockin over there...not to metion the toll its gunna take on your bike.

Might as well ship it to utah for the Coral Pink Dunes.

VegasEx'r
07-01-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by maverick
Might as well ship it to utah for the Coral Pink Dunes.

That's the place to go during the summer...

fooracer
07-07-2002, 10:09 PM
down in the dunes

WyoDuner
07-11-2002, 04:45 PM
Dude, your arm is almost the same color as your shirt!!!

BTW, a couple died out ther last week when their buggy broke down 4 miles from camp. The man made it a few hundred yards from the buggy and the girl died waiting in the buggy. 4 lousy miles or 100 miles makes no difference if you can only make at a few hundred yards. It's a dangerous place in the summer.