PDA

View Full Version : best rev limiter for the job

Sabakuex
10-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Hello,
I,m new to the forum scene but not to the quad scene. I'm looking for some info on what would work best. I have a 02 400ex all stock internal motor. It runs the jet kit, kn filter with open top, slip-on E series and Sparks advance key. I would like to use a rev box but am not sure which is best, any help would be appreciated. With a Rev Box can the advance key still be used? Would it need to be removed for the box to work right?

Thanks,

murrays400ex
10-09-2005, 12:16 PM
ok check out white brothers and big gun they make exellent ones if not go to a site like mototjoe.com and check out what they have

NacsMXer
10-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by murrays400ex
ok check out white brothers and big gun they make exellent ones if not go to a site like mototjoe.com and check out what they have

No way dude. White Brothers and the Big gun box are the ones you should stay AWAY from. They are the ones that use an XR200 box or something like that and they make cold-starting the 400 the biggest PITA ever. Stay away from these boxes.

I personally think rev boxes are a waste of money, the ones that raise the rev limit by 1000 rpm that is. You should have already shifted by the time you would hit the stock rev limiter so if you need that extra 1000 rpm where the power curve is already falling off then you need to learn how to ride.

The only CDI boxes that I WOULD consider are the ones that actually change the ignition mapping like the one from GT Thunder for example. I'm not positive on running one of these boxes with an advance key because with the key you have already advanced the timing. Some rev boxes increase the timing even more so you put that combination together and you're gonna have one HOT-running motor.

Go to: http://www.gtthunder.com and give Lazarus a call, he can answer any and all of your questions. He actually reprograms your stock CDI so he will know for sure if you should be running it with your advance key or not ;) :o

TheRidinLife01
10-09-2005, 03:07 PM
well said