PDA

View Full Version : Post your '06 ride reviews here!

Jonas
10-08-2005, 08:23 PM
I am especially interested in the people out there that have or had an 04/05 and just bought an '06. How do they compare stock to stock?

twisted threads
10-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Today my brother and I went on a ride. I had my 04 and he had his bone stock 06. We never did drag race but I can tell you its faster and has more power than a stock 04/05 well at least the 06 felt like it. The 06 also felt like it rode a little better than my 04, not as much bucking in the rear but I didn't really have that much of a problem with the bucking with my 04. We hit lots of jumps and rode miles of trails and I felt that the 06 TRX was a better bike than my 04. My 04 has a HRC kit and full Yoshi pipe so it runs good and is probley faster but the 06 fells like its not very fare behide my 04 in power.

STR330R
10-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by twisted threads
Today my brother and I went on a ride. I had my 04 and he had his bone stock 06. We never did drag race but I can tell you its faster and has more power than a stock 04/05 well at least the 06 felt like it. The 06 also felt like it rode a little better than my 04, not as much bucking in the rear but I didn't really have that much of a problem with the bucking with my 04. We hit lots of jumps and rode miles of trails and I felt that the 06 TRX was a better bike than my 04. My 04 has a HRC kit and full Yoshi pipe so it runs good and is probley faster but the 06 fells like its not very fare behide my 04 in power.

Good review big bro. I feel the same way. The 06 is a sweet running quad. Electric start was flawless for me, it handled real good in the trails and off the jumps. The way the 06 handled and its quick throttle response were the two things that impressed me the most. I thought it would take a few rides to get used to after owning a 250r, but i had instant comfort. :D

twisted threads
10-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Here is a pictures of STR330R and his girl freinds new 06 TRX450er's.

twisted threads
10-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Here is a picture of our bikes today at our little ride.

twisted threads
10-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Here is one of my brother (STR330R) going of a jump.

twisted threads
10-09-2005, 12:34 AM
here is a short video of me on my 450r I wish I had some more video!!! O well I will figure out how to get some more.
http://media.putfile.com/06450rpics012

sand_416ex
10-09-2005, 12:51 AM
twisted threads where are you riding at in that video

twisted threads
10-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by sand_416ex
twisted threads where are you riding at in that video

We were riding on the gas line in the Capital Forest. There are also tons of trails there also. Some of the trails can get a little tight but there still fun.

Jonas
10-09-2005, 08:36 PM
Good review. The weekend is over, there must be some more ride reviews out there.

Transplant2
10-09-2005, 10:01 PM
Yes...just got back from spinreel. Let me tell you...I am more and more impressed everytime I take this thing out. I can climb up any tree climb (sand) in second gear without missing a beat. I can even launch in 2nd gear with brand new 21x12x8 8-paddle haulers. :D I still don't have the suspension softened up enough for those dunes...but I probly jumped higher than I ever have before.

Now for the race results you have all been waiting for. Up to the line was an '04 450R with HRC kit...06 yfz and my 06 R (both totally stock). We raced about 6 times and all riders are equal in weight and riding ability. First race had the '06's tire to tire. Second race...tire to tire. Third race the 04 R joined...had us both by one quad length. Same results repeated for the remained of races. All bikes were about tied out of the hole...but the 04 w/hrc had us stockers on the top end for sure. Sand was smooth and at a very slight uphill.

Bottom line is the yfz and R are totally equal in power IMO. The 04 had a bit more topend but not the same snap the new R has. After the "snap" of power the R seems to level out fast. Maybe it's just still breaking in? But most likely it just needs to be opened up to breathe. Then I would say the 04 and yfz (even piped) will be left behind. Time will tell. :D Now where in the heck are those new HRC kits at???????? :macho

RedRacer44
10-10-2005, 12:56 AM
Got to throw a leg over a full blown MX '06 450ER this weekend and I must say....wow, with some motor mods....this thing rips!! It was ripping 3rd gear starts and lifting the tires off the ground still.....amazing power/snap right off the bottom end and it just pulls. For all the MXers......the new motor is a thing of beauty once the proper mods are done :devil:

Only downfall is the new stock gearing, with the 13t sprocket (doesnt look like we can get a 14t on it w/ stock case saver)....you rip through the gears very fast. Even with the higher rev limit, I found myself bouncing off it 1st-3rd. But the power was amazing though....I must say, simply amazing!

Jonas
10-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Good info guys!!! Transplant, did you switch riders when dragging? The results sound about right though.