View Full Version : Forward A-arms

mike nash
10-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Is it a huge difference in handling? And would it be a mistake if purchasing a-arms not to have them 1" forward?

TBD
10-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by mike nash
Is it a huge difference in handling? And would it be a mistake if purchasing a-arms not to have them 1" forward?
What quad are you talking about? I have found that the TRX450 does not need the arms forward. The YFZ450 can go either way depending on the riding you'll be doing. By moving the arms forward chances the balance of the quad. For instance the TRX450 already has a tendency to push in the frontend so by moving the arms forward would only make it worse. If you move the arms forward it transfers more wieght to the rear so the frontend gets lighter.

mike nash
10-09-2005, 10:24 AM
450r .The reason i ask is that I seen in the site buildup they went 1.25" forward for gncc racing.

TBD
10-09-2005, 10:29 AM
450r .The reason i ask is that I seen in the site buildup they went 1.25" forward for gncc racing.
Our you sure that wasn't that they went +1.25" with the swingarm? That would make sense since you would then transfer more wieght to the front which would make it turn better.

TBD
10-09-2005, 10:38 AM
I just looked at the two build ups and neither one used 1.25" forward arms. The one with Burgard arms went one inch forward. They also went .75" longer in the rear. I don't agree with there choice of movement. The other build up by Andy I totally agree with. They went 0" forward with the arms and +1.125" on the rear. That set up makes sense and in my exprience works.

mike nash
10-09-2005, 12:56 PM
I just checked buildup and they definately went forward on Andys" suggestion and if you look at the picture when both quads are on their tails you can see difference.

TBD
10-10-2005, 07:52 AM
I just checked buildup and they definately went forward on Andys" suggestion and if you look at the picture when both quads are on their tails you can see difference.
You're totally right. I read further into the thread and also saw where he used Roll arms at 1.7" forward. I can't see why Roll would put them so far forward.