PDA

View Full Version : How good are the stock shocks?

DaleJrFan
10-08-2005, 06:48 PM
If the stock shocks are so good from the factory, what kind of shocks are the aftermarket makers gonna come up with? I would like to buy a new 450 and set it up with some dune edition Elkas but why shoud I if the stock shocks are pretty good? Does Elka even make shocks for the new LTR 450 yet?

CdaleXtreme
10-10-2005, 10:45 AM
nobody can really say anything until it is ridden.

But as good as the stock shocks may be, they still have to work for a large range of riders, which means it may not quite work as good as they could.

The aftermarket companies will claim either more travel, and or a better ride by setting up the springs and valving to your exact weight and riding style. That is where the advantage will be gained.

But I am sure they will be a hundred companies offering re-valve and re-spring options for the stock LTR shocks.

2001Toomey
10-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by CdaleXtreme

But I am sure they will be a hundred companies offering re-valve and re-spring options for the stock LTR shocks.

Exactly how it is with dirtbikes. The point is they come mostly race ready from the factory, all you gotta do is put the style handlebar you want, maybe revalve the shocks, throw on some number plates, and race.