PDA

View Full Version : my 450R motor

h-bomb450R
10-08-2005, 03:08 PM
MY airbox and air filter fell off becuz my airbox lifter kit came off...and i did a whole 9 mile lap with no filter and didnt even realize it till i came through the pits. It was a REALLLLLY dusty track too. but neways, after the race i shut my bike off and everything, we got the filter put back on and then i pulled back to camp and shut it off. Later on in the day i went to load it up and it wouldnt start. The kick start was REALLY easy to push down. Basically, the bike had no compression. So now i dont know what i need to do. Because our dealer is 2 weeks behind in service and im not even going to attempt to do anything engine wise myself...So what do u guys think? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Austin

ESR250R
10-08-2005, 03:45 PM
start by making sure thats the problem, get a compression tester and test it. check for spark and fuel delivery, then your gonna have to:

1 rebuild the motor yourself but have a machinist machine and hone your cylinder and you put it together (what i would do)

2 wait it out for the dealer to find room, or find another dealer your willing to drive to

3 send your motor to a reputable motor builder to get a 13 to 1 compression piston put in and maybe a few more thing the builder could do for you.

this is one of the good things about owning a 2 stroke, your rebuilds are cheap and relatively easy to do. and if you jet correct and take care of the piston it'll last you a long time.

QuadRacer041
10-08-2005, 05:30 PM
your problem could happen to anyone.i redid a top end on mine and it cost less then a 2 stroke because you normally dont need to get the cylinder honed.but...in your case which could very easily hapopen with a 2 stroke as well you probably got sand into your motor. so it will need to be bored and re coated.if you have a repair manual and your are mechanically inclined its not too bad.
good luck