PDA

View Full Version : rear axle bearings

Mad*Ex*Rider
10-08-2005, 11:07 AM
i am replacing my rear axle bearings and have so far pulled out four. The manual says i should only be finding two rear axle bearings. I have pulled out four that are all the same size as the two i was supposed to find.

can anybody help me out with this?

TheFontMaster
10-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Is it an aftermarket carrier? Sounds like it's probably a twin row carrier.

DAVE14
10-08-2005, 02:00 PM
yeah it sounds like the Fontmaster is absolutely right that is an aftermarket carrier ( Ive done my oem,s junk!) get a Rad bearing carrier with a grease nipple on the side beat it all you want grease it once in a while & forget about it thats whats in mine and I dont ride aymore wondering how long my bearings will last,Iwas a good 20 miles from my truck 1 time and had my stock bearings lock up on me it was winter ,the swing arm was smokin hot I pissed on it & it steemed I through snow on it cooled it off & foorced it to turn it screached & groaned a little bit but it got me back buy aRad carrier & forget about it

96lapis coupe
10-08-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by DAVE14
,Iwas a good 20 miles from my truck 1 time and had my stock bearings lock up on me it was winter ,the swing arm was smokin hot I pissed on it & it steemed I through snow on it cooled it off & foorced it to turn it screached & groaned a little bit but it got me back LOL! :D

400ex28
10-08-2005, 07:34 PM
Yep, you got yourself a twin row.