View Full Version : Tips on jumping?

Yfz450dan
10-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Can you guys give me some advise on jumping?What size jumps should i start with?

250xridamatt
10-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Start out on small tabletops. When you get used to being in the air, step up to bigger table tops. Then you will learn to control the quad in the air, while still on a safer jump. When you learn to control the quad in the air, and to judge speed for a jump, try some small doubles. Its always better to overshoot than to come up short.

Remember that if your front end is up to high, tap the rear brakes. And never let off the throttle as you are just coming off the jump. Use smooth power all the way off a jump. Hope this helps. I am nowhere near an expert at this stuff, but this is just what I have been taught.

CannondaleRider
10-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
Start out on small tabletops. When you get used to being in the air, step up to bigger table tops. Then you will learn to control the quad in the air, while still on a safer jump. When you learn to control the quad in the air, and to judge speed for a jump, try some small doubles. Its always better to overshoot than to come up short.

Remember that if your front end is up to high, tap the rear brakes. And never let off the throttle as you are just coming off the jump. Use smooth power all the way off a jump. Hope this helps. I am nowhere near an expert at this stuff, but this is just what I have been taught.

When using the rear brakes you have to pull in the clutch or the bike will stall.
-------------------------------------------

Another thing that will help in getting the front end down is turning your front tires in the air.

If your front end drops in the air, stab the gas hard. This is called panic revving, this is the same concept as jabbing the rear brakes, just different use. The forward rotation of your rear tires will put a rearward rotation on your bike(not the same amount of course)

On most landings it helps if you land on the gas, it will "pickup" your suspension, so it won't bottom out. So your suspension will do what its supposed to do, without being harsh.

450Redrider5
10-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Lean back and hit it fast

ESR250R
10-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by 450Redrider5
Lean back and hit it fast

ya, if he wants to do a backflip:blah:

tater_kamik
10-09-2005, 02:33 PM
maybe he does want to do a backflip!:D do it bro! jk. here are my tips: practice, practice and practice. eventually, you will be able to feel it out. always set up for the jump, leave a little throttle left at the end, load it if you want a little extra, and give it a little extra gas as your front tires approach the rim to keep the front from dropping. also, wear the right equipment, eventually, something will happen and you will then appreciate wearing the gear