PDA

View Full Version : Damn, NFL tickets are expensive.

Matt37
10-08-2005, 09:55 AM
I've been trying to get tickets to go see my Eagles and they are so expensive!!

I checked every team in the NFL and no ones home game tickets are as expensive as the Eagles. The Steelers are close.

For 700 level tickets to an eagles game ( you have to be nuts to sit in the 700 level) last time i sat there when the Vet was still here a guy pissed on the head of the lady sitting next to me, it is ridiculiously crazy.

Well, anyway the 700 level tickets are $125 a piece, and if you want lower level 50 yrd line tickets you should be prepared to spend atleast $250-$300 a ticket. For a regular season game!

My question is, does anyone know of any websites that have been known to have some good deals on tickets??? If so please post them.

rmz250
10-08-2005, 10:21 AM
buy them from a guy trying to sell his by the stadium. people usually have a pair of good tickets that they are selling by the stadium.

MOFO
10-08-2005, 10:24 AM
We just went through this to get tickets to see the Steelers play the Packers @ Green Bay.

For ok seats, the avg was around $200-$300 a ticket. Luckily we found someone through family that had season tickets... we got them for $50 a ticket - near the 35 yard line about 50 rows from the field!

Good luck using those websites. Your best bet is to check local "for sale" sections of people selling their own tickets in news papers.

Matt37
10-08-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
We just went through this to get tickets to see the Steelers play the Packers @ Green Bay.

For ok seats, the avg was around $200-$300 a ticket. Luckily we found someone through family that had season tickets... we got them for $50 a ticket - near the 35 yard line about 50 rows from the field!

Good luck using those websites. Your best bet is to check local "for sale" sections of people selling their own tickets in news papers.

WOW!! $50 a ticket is awesome!!

Iam sure it would have been more if it was in Pitts. Because the Eagles away games are cheap, its the home games that are nuts.

Giz400ex
10-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Your best bet is to check local "for sale" sections of people selling their own tickets in news papers. Yup!!!!:D

MOFO
10-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Matt37
WOW!! $50 a ticket is awesome!!

Iam sure it would have been more if it was in Pitts. Because the Eagles away games are cheap, its the home games that are nuts.

Actually $50 was face value. We were lucky the people selling were not looking to make a profit.

Every Steeler game I've been to, I've only paid face value - including most of the play off games. I was lucky for awhile and had a very good connection with someone that works for the Steelers. I use to get the players "family" tickets when they could not go.

I am now on the waiting list for season tickets... I got a letter a few months ago stating I was on the list but it was a long list.... it said there are more than 30,000 people ahead of me!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Maybe my great, great grand kids will get my season tickets... :D

10-08-2005, 12:05 PM
thse tickets were $65 a piece through season tickets. I got a pair from a friend for free for this game in st. louis when they played my Titans and beat them :mad:, i got backwards hat http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid188/pbc43b2925d8d18e29ca1637f8b28a0a5/f22021b0.jpg

10-08-2005, 12:06 PM
money hungry terrell didn't help your prices this year ;)

MOFO
10-08-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
money hungry terrell didn't help your prices this year ;)

The inflation he is talking about is due to places that buy up tickets then sell them at their "market" value. He's not talking about "face value" prices.

10-08-2005, 12:09 PM
The inflation he is talking about is due to places that buy up tickets then sell them at their "market" value. He's not talking about "face value" prices. oh, so they are playing the money game of if the people will pay then jack up the prices, kinda like they are doing us with gas....

Matt37
10-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Yea, face value is not bad at all.

But no one sells them for face value.

10-08-2005, 12:19 PM
not to get off the subject but I gotta scalp 4 Preadtors hockey tickets today, i wonder if they will be cheaper since that lockout is actually over?

fasterz
10-08-2005, 02:04 PM

I checked every team in the NFL and no ones home game tickets are as expensive as the Eagles. The Steelers are close.

For 700 level tickets to an eagles game ( you have to be nuts to sit in the 700 level) last time i sat there when the Vet was still here a guy pissed on the head of the lady sitting next to me, it is ridiculiously crazy.

Well, anyway the 700 level tickets are $125 a piece, and if you want lower level 50 yrd line tickets you should be prepared to spend atleast $250-$300 a ticket. For a regular season game!

My question is, does anyone know of any websites that have been known to have some good deals on tickets??? If so please post them.

Theres is an internet site kinda like ebay where you can sell and buy tickets. We have season tickets and my dad sold them for the game last week since it was one of those games where you dont get home till 2 in the morn and he had work and was tired. But any way the face valve on our tickets is $65 and they sold in 10 minutes for somewhere around 170. The waiting list for seaons tickets for the eagles is now in the tens of thousands, i cant remember the number but its rediculas. Also when you buy tickets your not only paying for the game but you paying to go see those crazy eagles fans ha its halarious, so many people get beat the hell up at every game.

Matt37
10-08-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by fasterz
Theres is an internet site kinda like ebay where you can sell and buy tickets. We have season tickets and my dad sold them for the game last week since it was one of those games where you dont get home till 2 in the morn and he had work and was tired. But any way the face valve on our tickets is $65 and they sold in 10 minutes for somewhere around 170. The waiting list for seaons tickets for the eagles is now in the tens of thousands, i cant remember the number but its rediculas. Also when you buy tickets your not only paying for the game but you paying to go see those crazy eagles fans ha its halarious, so many people get beat the hell up at every game.

LOL, so true.

I love it when out of towners come into my office from like Dallas, NY, etc.

And they ask if it is really as bad as it is built up to be... and yes it is.

If you wear the oponents jersey you are risking your life. I saw a guy a few years ago at a Dallas/Philly game get the crap beat out of him.

I mean Philly fans cheered when Micheal Irvingss carrer ended... how sick is that.

At times iam not proud to be an eagles fan and that was one of them.. that was just wrong.

Another one of those times was when we showered St. Louis Cardinals outfielder J.D. Drew with D batteries because he held out.

Man, what a city this is.

SGA
10-08-2005, 06:03 PM
No wonder they are expensive, look how much players make a year. Millions.
When tickets cost that much, i'll pass.

Matt37
10-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by SGA
No wonder they are expensive, look how much players make a year. Millions.
When tickets cost that much, i'll pass.

It has nothing to do with that.

Face value is not that much, the problem is brokers like (stubhub.com, ticketmaster, etc) hop the prices up way above face value. Like face value for a good seat for an eagles game is prob around $70-$75 but in reality its gonna cost you $150-$200. because they are so marked up in this area.

Not all NFL teams are like that, like you can get good tickets to like Cardinals, 49ers, Falcons game for a good price. But teams like the eagles, Steelers, and Packers tickets are marked way up.

All it is is simple supply and demand.

SGA
10-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Im just blowing steam because im a tightwad. :D

If ya like football games, i say go for it. You cant take it with you.

I was 20 the other day, drinking and chasing skirts. Then i looked and im 40. Damn, where did the time go? Lifes short, enjoy it.

Matt37
10-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Im just blowing steam because im a tightwad. :D

If ya like football games, i say go for it. You cant take it with you.

I was 20 the other day, drinking and chasing skirts. Then i looked and im 40. Damn, where did the time go? Lifes short, enjoy it.

Yea, I hear ya.

Butters
10-08-2005, 08:17 PM
why would you want to go see the eagles play?? isn't there some better team you could go see?? i'm kidding. the eagles are alright. i'm a patriots fan, so i guess i can't like them, but for nfc they are decent.