PDA

View Full Version : Indoor atv racing

400exracer08
10-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Anyone interested in running a indoor series of Atv racing?? I know I am, a decent track just enough to keep in shape for the next few cold boring months. Check out this link. More atvs more fun.

http://wir-mx.com/index.html

Waterman International Raceway, LLC (WIR) is the largest permanent indoor facility in the country. The 96,000 sq. ft. facility is the home of an indoor arenacross style track built by Schaffer Tracks, LLC. With pro lap times at the 1-minute mark, the unique track design challenges the most talented riders while providing obstacles that intermediates and beginners can also navigate safely.

The track has been reworked for the 2005/2006 indoor season. More tabletop jumps have been added. *NEW* Races will be held on Saturday nights for 2005/2006 season. Quad racing classes and practice sessions are added this year. An areanacross format will continue to be used with heat races, consi's, and a final for all classes. Overall awards will be given to the top 5 in each class. MX schools, private track rental and open practice sessions are all available at WIR.

WIR is a project that owners Dave Antolak and Ron Downen have worked on for over two years. Antolak and Downen, who have over 60 years of motocross racing experience between them, have put together a riding arena that is safe, fun and demanding. The local professional arenacross riders practice here and report the demands of the track help prepare them for battle on the national circuit. The track, 25’ to 30’ wide at all points, has many sections that offer inside and outside options. The bigger jumps are all tabletops and only the smaller jumps are doubles. Having tabletops instead of big doubles allows the novice and intermediate riders to safely enjoy riding the track. Now Midwestern racers can ride year-round and stay in shape!

212racing
10-13-2005, 02:26 AM
class for mini-quads?

glad they finally opened it up for quads!!

400exracer08
10-17-2005, 08:41 PM
Yes there is. It is great that somewhere like this has opened to quads so we need to push this to everyone.

Quad 50cc (4-8)
Quad 50-90cc (6-15)
Quad B/C

212racing
10-17-2005, 11:07 PM
cool my son ran the atva nationals last year and we needed a
place to try out the new suspension and motor work for 06.
do they have practice days during the week?
do you live in waterman?
i'm originally from sandwich but moved down state for work

400exracer08
10-18-2005, 05:48 PM
http://wir-mx.com/