PDA

View Full Version : what does it take to race

St Louis 400ex
10-07-2005, 05:07 PM
I think i am geting pretty good on my quad i have a crazy edge to me that does not want to give up how much money do you guys think it take's to be competive out there i am looking at a new 450 what should i get and what mods can you put on that are aloud i want to get into the GNCC please help

10-07-2005, 05:30 PM
all you need is heart, if you think you can, you can.. period..

just remember this ... racing is 95% rider/driver 5% vehicle.

Jesse

10-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Skid plates and XC tires are a must, handguards are a good idea also. Bumper too.

400exrules
10-07-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
Skid plates and XC tires are a must, handguards are a good idea also. Bumper too.

yah, get these and you will be pretty set for awhile.....might want a tether killswith too, i think they are required, im not sure.

but make sure your comfortable on your machine and know its limits, and your own, and if you know your machine well, then you should have an edge on everyone else.

Practice wouldnt hurt either. It would help to go tearin through the woods, on places/trails you havent ridden many times, for some different unexpected changes in the terrain, so you can prepare yourself, and learn how to react to it.

450robot
10-07-2005, 06:19 PM
yup, not much is needed to be competitive in gncc because of the rider and pocket book friendly stock classes... all you need is the will to do it, and your set!

but when ya get into the money side of things

the best value to get you on your way it to get some XC tires, full skidplates, killswitch, bumper

and the ever important gear, make sure you buy a full riding outfit that fits you comfortably, this means pants, jersey, boots, gloves, kidney belt

and the two most important, a helmet for your noggin (you know why) and a chest protector, you dont wanna get impaled by a loose hanging stick or anything, let alon break any ribs, etc

just get out there, do you best, keep in shape, practice, and show some confidence in yourself, even if you do bad

muddy400EX
10-07-2005, 06:19 PM
money!

TheFontMaster
10-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Pretty much like everyone else is saying, all you need to ride in the stock class is a teather kill switch, a helmate, and good riding boots, I think at Unadilla I actualy saw someone out there racing in a t-shirt and shorts, mabey not the shorts, but it was different. But new XC tires, a good bumper, and a set of nerfs and your set. So for about another 600 dollars more than what your machine costs you are ready to cometitvely race in the stock class.