PDA

View Full Version : Got a Free Dart small block 400 block and crank!!!

Cody_300ex
10-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Yup, my dad got a Dart Chevy small-block 400 block, and crank. My dad does HVAC (heating and air service and installation). Well he had put in all the geothermal units at a candle manufactering place about 30 miles from here. It's not a huge plant, but decent, locally owned. Well the guy who owns it is big into drag racing, has a badazz 64 impala. About a year ago he ordered a complete dart engine that was supposed to make like 700 HP right out of the box, well it only dynoed out at 650, so he keep everything but the shortblock and sold it to another local dragracer. Well the guy never paid for it, he was a known crook. Well the owner of the candle plant knew that my dad, brother and I were big into cars and knew about my brothers prelude. So He told my dad that if he was man enough to get it we could have it for free, no gimmics. He said that it wasnt complete still tho, the guy who had it now left the special machined and balanced rods and pistons out on a bench and the rods had rusted and where ruined. So my dad and I went to go pick it up and the crank and block where only there, we didnt ask any questions, just got them and left. My dads going to call him and ask tho sometime this week. Were going to try to atleast get the pistons and cam. When I get a chance I'll snap a few pics of them.

2004exrider
10-08-2005, 09:48 AM
what are you putting it in? sounds cool though if ya get it going.

Jimmy

Cody_300ex
10-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by 2004exrider
what are you putting it in? sounds cool though if ya get it going.

Jimmy

Were gunna try to find a newer model v6 camero for cheap to put it in. V6 to keep the insuranse costs down.

ThumPIN_450R
10-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
Were gunna try to find a newer model v6 camero for cheap to put it in. V6 to keep the insuranse costs down.

just becuase you have an origanally v-6 car with a v-8 motor in it doesn't mean the insurance company will still see it as a 6 cyl.

Cody_300ex
10-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
just becuase you have an origanally v-6 car with a v-8 motor in it doesn't mean the insurance company will still see it as a 6 cyl.

All we have to give them is the vin number....

Guy400
10-09-2005, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
just becuase you have an origanally v-6 car with a v-8 motor in it doesn't mean the insurance company will still see it as a 6 cyl. My S-10 with a 355 in it was still classified as a 2.5 4-banger:D

blasteracer24
10-09-2005, 05:52 AM
THat what my friends dad did with his nova. it was originally a 6 banger but now he has a 502 putting out aroune 800 horse. its mcnasty

red2004 TRX450R
10-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
My S-10 with a 355 in it was still classified as a 2.5 4-banger:D

mine to!!!!

One thing dont put in a newer camaro! Im not saying it cant be done but it will not work right!!!!

Unless U use fuel injections and a crank trigger. Because u will have to cut a hole in the dash to get to the distributor and u will have to notch out the windshield to get the carb to fit.
U could move it all the way forward but then it would handle like crap and not have any weight transfer!!

I was going prostreet my 94 camaro but its to much work and its cheeper to buy a tube frame and a body. But then it will just be a drag car!!!

Cody_300ex
10-10-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R
mine to!!!!

One thing dont put in a newer camaro! Im not saying it cant be done but it will not work right!!!!

Unless U use fuel injections and a crank trigger. Because u will have to cut a hole in the dash to get to the distributor and u will have to notch out the windshield to get the carb to fit.
U could move it all the way forward but then it would handle like crap and not have any weight transfer!!

I was going prostreet my 94 camaro but its to much work and its cheeper to buy a tube frame and a body. But then it will just be a drag car!!!

Actually we are planing on going with fuel injection.:D