PDA

View Full Version : need info plez

catch22blaster
10-07-2005, 12:33 PM
ok has the sound decible taking affect for all classes for next years nationals do i have to buy a different pipe i currently have sparks will i be able to run the pipe next year for nationals

Thanks, Matt

300exOH
10-07-2005, 12:40 PM
You can make the sparks a bit quieter if you use the disk style endcaps instead of the open race style tip. Also repacking will help. I'm not sure how many dB's it is with the disk but mine doesn't seem all that loud.

Here's a pic of the disk type sparks

fasterz
10-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by catch22blaster
ok has the sound decible taking affect for all classes for next years nationals do i have to buy a different pipe i currently have sparks will i be able to run the pipe next year for nationals

Thanks, Matt
AS of NOW, no their is no decibal enforcment for amateur riders. I was talking with Donny lysinger about a month ago and he said theirs no way in the near future they could test the amateurs, since it takes the pros nearly an hour to do tech and thats 20 riders, with next years attendance prolly being around 1000, it would be near impossible to do this. One thing he did mention though is they could set the rule and only test people if they feel they are violating the rule after hearing them ride.