PDA

View Full Version : Car - ATV accident. (Photo's)

Ryan
10-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Hey everybody, havn't really been around the site in a long time. Well anyways, about a month ago I brang my 416ex to Lake Lazern (Right next to Lake George) to do some riding. I had a few problems with my carb and couldn't get the problem figured out in time for riding. So my buddy let me borrow his Polaris 425 for a short ride.

I was riding with my friend on a seasonal use atv/motorcycle road (Basically a dirt road where its legal to ride on) to get to the trails. I was cruising taking a corner at 30-35mph when I saw a car comming the opposite way. My first instinct was to hit the brakes because it seems he was in the middle of the road. The rear end slid out and I lost control of the atv and went head on with the car.

I launched into the cars windshield, and then bounced off and went right over the car. I was in pain, but I felt ok enough to not go to the hostpital.

I relized the driver of the car was our neighbor, where we were staying. We both agreed it was kind of a no- fault deal. The road was really narrow where we crashed, and we were both kind of speeding. So we went back to our homes and then contacted the police for a accident report.

I woke up the next morning in alot of pain. Mainly my lower back and my leg.

I decided to stop at the neighbors house and take some pictures of the car......

Ryan
10-07-2005, 12:11 PM
:o

Ryan
10-07-2005, 12:11 PM
This is where my head it. Thank god for my trusty helmet.

Ryan
10-07-2005, 12:12 PM
:ermm:

Ryan
10-07-2005, 12:13 PM
----

440exnacsracer
10-07-2005, 12:14 PM
good to hear your doing ok after that:eek2: , i have to ask myself what i would have done if i was driving the car though, laughed or freeked out. some guy going over the windshield in riding gear. lol

Ryan
10-07-2005, 12:15 PM
Last picture. Turns out the car is considered totalled.

Its a month later and i've been to atlease three doctors. And I may have to get some serious work done to my back. They said I may have nerve damage to my leg :ermm: .

Ryan
10-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
good to hear your doing ok after that:eek2: , i have to ask myself what i would have done if i was driving the car though, laughed or freeked out. some guy going over the windshield in riding gear. lol

haha. Right when the crash happened, I stood up and went to the people in the car to ask if everyone was alright. They were looking at me like a ghost :p .

BTW, very little damage was done to the atv. A bent up running board, broken brake lever, and cracked fender. :confused:

96lapis coupe
10-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Built ford tough. lol

Honda TRX250ex
10-07-2005, 04:19 PM
hows the quad?!?!???!?!?!?!?

culookn
10-07-2005, 04:53 PM
what was the first thing you thought? i would have ssaid to myself "holy sh** , i just got mowed down by a car lol." glad you cold walk away from the accident.

Honda TRX250ex
10-07-2005, 06:50 PM
i would of told my friend to hold on to my beer and watch this :devil:
hope you get better man

Ryan
10-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by culookn
what was the first thing you thought? i would have ssaid to myself "holy sh** , i just got mowed down by a car lol." glad you cold walk away from the accident.

I kinda went into shock. I had trouble believing that I just destroyed the front end of this car. The only thing the passanger of the car had to say to me was, "Well i'll tell you what, your lucky I wasn't driving. I run these roads like a race car driver and you would have been dead." Not quite what I was expecting :confused: . He wasn't driving because he was wasted.

As far as my atv, that ********* (mtdewracing) screwed me over buying this 400ex without a title. Not tellin me about it until I met him half way into PA. Now im having trouble selling this machine because of this reason. And when I first got this machine, I road it for less than in hour before the top end blew. Had to buy a new cylinder on top of that. I've got over $4,000 into this atv and nothing to show for. For all I know, it could be stolen.

edit- just relized makin threats aint a good idea :o

Jersey450R
10-08-2005, 12:07 PM
geeze! I'm speechless.:eek: