View Full Version : looking to purchase a-arms

exracer131
10-07-2005, 10:34 AM
i am looking at all the differant a-arms out there, and have no idea who's are junk. i am looking at the janssen outlaw 2 plus one's just because of thier warrenty. the a-arms i purchase will be no wider than plus one due to xc racing. let me here your stories or coments good or bad with the a-arms you have purchased. i have not made my mind up with long travel or not.

TheFontMaster
10-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Long travel really is the way to go, but you will have to take into sotck that you will need new, longer shocks. LSR has some new +1 long travel XC a arms that are a new item, that have a different geometry to alow for more ground clearence. Other good companys are Walsh, Burgard, jansen, etc. most of the companies have pritty much the same quality, so go with what fits your use, and your budget.

jiffers
10-07-2005, 12:23 PM
i never went long travel and i don't care what anyone says but i went for the top of the range asr +3+1 with heim joints OK i use them for mx and they have had to take some hard knocks but i also done a 8hr xc event here in the UK and hit some tree's and tree stumps and they are still straight and strong.
i brought them about 4 months ago so they have their new gusset on them so stronger but for value for money you cant go wrong

jiff

450Redrider5
10-08-2005, 04:49 PM
I would have to say go with Houser a arms cause i think they are the best ones out there

400ex28
10-08-2005, 07:25 PM
Walsh :o

motoboy66
10-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Here is the a-arm for you. These are the best ones I have seen anywhere. My buddy got some for his 450r after looking a long time. These use the stock hemispherical bearing where they attach to the frame. These will last longer than anything out there, bushings where out, and the neddlebearings in the Houser ones can bind if they are bent just a little bit, common in xc racing. The best feature about these arms is that he can make them in any size you want. My buddy got these on his 450r and they bolted right in whith a very good fit and finish. They also have a lifetime warrenty covering bending and breaking even if you race. No-one else does that, that i know of. I will be getting these in plus 1/2 long travle when i get my 450r some time in the future. I hope i have helped in your quest for a-arms. Also i don't think i would go more than plus 1/2 for xc, unless your trails are wide open.

http://www.smcfabrication.com/TRX400EX.html

SMC Warranty

SMC A-ARMS and SWINGARMS carries a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing
defects, breaking or bending from riding and racing (for the original purchaser only). In
the event your SMC A-ARMS and SWINGARMS bends or breaks, we will repair or replace it
at our discretion. Not covered under the warranty are wear items,powder coating,ball joints
and pivot bushings, bearings and seals.

SMC Fabrication shall not be liable in any way for any expense, loss, injury or damage,
direct or indirect, incidental or consequential, arising out of the use of, or inability to use
this product caused by any defect in the product.

Over-land 450r
10-09-2005, 11:27 AM
that sounds good but can you get replacement ball joints and bushings........ also there not very popular what if they do out of bessniss.

motoboy66
10-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Give them a call, they will be able to answere all your questions. As for going out of buisness I don't think they will, they do all kinds of machine work and fabrication, a-arms are just one of the things they do.

Honda#4
10-11-2005, 01:50 PM
when u purchase the janssen kit it comes with elka shocks