450rboy
10-07-2005, 08:08 AM
anyone like this truck1

450rboy
10-07-2005, 08:09 AM
anyone like this truck2

jwick07
10-07-2005, 09:11 AM
NO they are stupid and a waste of time and serve no good purpose.

Thanks for the same thread as yesterday with more trucks nobody likes

Sorry Man i'm in a chitty mood today like a damn time bomb waiting to go off

Meanie5470
10-07-2005, 09:18 AM
again... badass truck. Gay *** green flames.

Woodsrider
10-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Nope. I have actually seen that truck on the freeway too. He was pulled over on I-82 between Gresham and Portland getting a safety inspection from a Oregon state trooper.

underpowered
10-07-2005, 10:26 AM
it is Useless. I hate mall crawlers. Trucks with big lifts, and big tires that will never get used. Those stock axles would never handle the torque for those big 52" michilans tires. i dont like it unless it can be used.

NacsMXer
10-07-2005, 11:35 AM
Cool? Yes, to look at.

Practical? Nope.

and my 1/2 ton Ford has beefier axles and diffs than that :o

cjj
10-07-2005, 01:12 PM
aagain i dont like it because it is a chevy

mx426ex
10-07-2005, 02:15 PM
pos... jk man that thing looks badass

big k
10-07-2005, 05:31 PM
the green one is like 10 minutes from my house i see at the guys house every time i drive by it was at sand fest also its sweet but intensly impractical

fasterblaster09
10-07-2005, 06:08 PM
Yes,very nice :cool:

prepracing
10-07-2005, 09:54 PM
put some 2 1/2 ton rockwell axles under that and do away with the gay mudflaps, cause its already so illegal for the highway those mudflaps are not gonna get him any brownie points from troopers. And I agree with ditching the flaming graphics. Then it would be badazz and functional

TheFontMaster
10-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by 450rboy
anyone like this truck

Reson number 326 not to own a ricer, the truck would run you over and he would just be like, where that speed bump come from.:confused:

Diedrich
10-08-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by prepracing
put some 2 1/2 ton rockwell axles under that and do away with the gay mudflaps, cause its already so illegal for the highway those mudflaps are not gonna get him any brownie points from troopers. And I agree with ditching the flaming graphics. Then it would be badazz and functional

I really dont see anything on this truck illegal...yeah the flames are kinda ugly and i hate roll-bars but other than that the truck looks pretty good...yes it might be impratical to use as a worked truck but as a driver it would be fine..them axles would turn them tires easy on the road..we have a bunch of trucks around here with close to that much lift

prepracing
10-08-2005, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Diedrich
I really dont see anything on this truck illegal...yeah the flames are kinda ugly and i hate roll-bars but other than that the truck looks pretty good...yes it might be impratical to use as a worked truck but as a driver it would be fine..them axles would turn them tires easy on the road..we have a bunch of trucks around here with close to that much lift

tires stick out to far past fenders, frame height , bumper height, headlight height, just to name a few. Maybe not in KY but in TN trust me, the troopers will gladly pull you over on this. One of my friends got pulled over last week for those violations, well actually the trooper pulled him over and told him what all laws he was breaking but since he liked the truck he was gonna let him go this time. And being the smartazz my buddy is he said next time he would just have to take the ticket because he had to much invested in the truck to make it "legal"

300exQuadracer
10-08-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by underpowered
Those stock axles would never handle the torque for those big 52" michilans tires.

those "stock" axles and drive terrain could probably fry those tires
i bet he has at least 4:56 gears in that thingif not even into the fives i sall a truck with a 350 engine smoke some brand new 49'' iroks at a jamboree about a year ago and it had 3/4 ton axles
no flaming inteded by this i was just saying that i have seen a "stk"axle abused so bad turning big tires and if you have them built right they will last a long time if not for the life of the truck

tizz
10-08-2005, 12:07 PM
pffff, no it's gay...jk jk! pretty cool but the flames have to go!

ZBlaster
10-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by 300exQuadracer
those "stock" axles and drive terrain could probably fry those tires
i bet he has at least 4:56 gears in that thingif not even into the fives i sall a truck with a 350 engine smoke some brand new 49'' iroks at a jamboree about a year ago and it had 3/4 ton axles
no flaming inteded by this i was just saying that i have seen a "stk"axle abused so bad turning big tires and if you have them built right they will last a long time if not for the life of the truck

do you have any ****ing clue what you are talking about? Chevy 10 bolts are one of the weakest axles out there... ive seen several DESTROYED by 33" all terrains much less 52" Michellins... that truck is NOT built right by any matter... no matter how cool it looks... gears do not help the strength of the axle, in fact an extremely low gear like is probably needed judging by the fact i bet it has a stock 350 in it will make it even weaker... The rear axle appears to be a 14B semi floater which is much stronger then a 10 bolt, but still no where near a 14B Full floater... im guessing im the only one who has noticed the rediculous pinion angle in the rear, and NO front driveshaft... that truck is built to look good and is by no means built to handle the tires, or even be safe to drive...

ZBlaster
10-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Nope, your not the only one. I like the fact he appears to have air lockers, especially on the front, but no drive shaft....

yea i noticed that air hose going down there right afte i posted it... it MIGHT be for a differential breather though so i dont know... if not whoever built that is dumber then i throught... a locker will do a ton of good without a driveshaft lol...

*wow... what happened did u delete ur post?

prepracing
10-08-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by ZBlaster
do you have any ****ing clue what you are talking about? Chevy 10 bolts are one of the weakest axles out there... ive seen several DESTROYED by 33" all terrains much less 52" Michellins... that truck is NOT built right by any matter... no matter how cool it looks... gears do not help the strength of the axle, in fact an extremely low gear like is probably needed judging by the fact i bet it has a stock 350 in it will make it even weaker... The rear axle appears to be a 14B semi floater which is much stronger then a 10 bolt, but still no where near a 14B Full floater... im guessing im the only one who has noticed the rediculous pinion angle in the rear, and NO front driveshaft... that truck is built to look good and is by no means built to handle the tires, or even be safe to drive...

plus the fact that one of those michelins way as much as 3 49" swampers

TM426
10-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Ive lifted plenty of trucks. First off as stated the pinion angles are way off. That truck will have bad u joint wear and horrible axle rap. The axles would snap for sure if put to use. I wouldnt run ANYTHING under a dana 60 up front. That pretty hose isnt for an airlocker its a nice replacent for a too short breather hose. Its a pretty truck.:rolleyes:

10-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Reson number 326 not to own a ricer, the truck would run you over and he would just be like, where that speed bump come from.:confused:

:p :o :ermm:

Rastus
10-08-2005, 09:09 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I don't think those are 10 bolts. He's right when he says they're larger. Look at the covers/pumpkins again.

And, the reason alot of GM 10 bolts screw up easy is due to the Gov-Lock, a sort of limited slip/locker. Depending on what the axle is in, you may have one or you may not. During a high speed ramp on the locker(punching it), the locker may fragment sending everyhing into your gears. The axle itself is pretty solid.

I like the truck, too bad they made it impractical. It would be sweet if they did it the right way, but the way it sits it's for show only. :ermm:

ZBlaster
10-08-2005, 09:34 PM
the front IS a GM 10 bolt and yes i knew why they grenade... the rear appears to be a semi floater GM 14B... the reason im saying semi floater is because the hubs do not stick out like the full floater hubs because if it was a full floater there is no possible way those centercaps would work... its a standard 1/2 ton front 3/4 ton rear someone put together to look good...

prepracing
10-08-2005, 10:50 PM
the front IS a GM 10 bolt and yes i knew why they grenade... the rear appears to be a semi floater GM 14B... the reason im saying semi floater is because the hubs do not stick out like the full floater hubs because if it was a full floater there is no possible way those centercaps would work... its a standard 1/2 ton front 3/4 ton rear someone put together to look good...

actually the front looks to be a HD dana 44

ZBlaster
10-09-2005, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by prepracing
actually the front looks to be a HD dana 44

goin by the size comparison with the steering stabilizers being the same size as the axle tubing and judging by how the pumpkin compares to the 20" or 22" wheels im gonna say 10 bolt but im not positive...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/RiverBoyZ71/52frontaxle.jpg

^Michellins with the same size wheel, or close enough and a HD D44... see how much larger the pumpkin looks in comparison... i could be wrong but im still saying 10 bolt...

10-09-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
Nope. I have actually seen that truck on the freeway too. He was pulled over on I-82 between Gresham and Portland getting a safety inspection from a Oregon state trooper.

how do you know? Did you pull over and ask him?

300exQuadracer
10-09-2005, 09:53 AM

easy bro actually i do know what i`m talkin about i have owned 4 trucks all having lifts 2 were 1/2 tons a 3/4 ton and 1 one ton
i abused the heck out of every 1/2 ton i`ve ever owned the one had 38" tires and i only broke a stub shaft in the front due to bad maintainance, that guys truck has probably never seen offroad

coryatver
10-09-2005, 10:17 AM
Just looking at it those axles look like twigs ready to be snaped in two! The flames look horrible. But the rest of the truck looks good other than the joke mudflaps.

MOFO
10-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by chuck wood
how do you know? Did you pull over and ask him?

I doubt it, but I would guess if the Trooper was measuring the height, it would be pretty obvious. :rolleyes:

Woodsrider
10-10-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
I doubt it, but I would guess if the Trooper was measuring the height, it would be pretty obvious. :rolleyes:

That was my clue alright. But I guess I could be wrong, maybe the guy pulled up to the cop and casually asked him to measure his bumpers for him, or maybe they know each other, and they were just setteling a bet right there on the side of the freeway.:ermm:

YZEATER
10-10-2005, 01:01 PM
10 bolt = dana 44, almost the same exact axle, they are still both 1/2 ton axles. the only thing that makes them 3/4 ton is the outer hubs.