PDA

View Full Version : So its Friday Big DEAL

jwick07
10-07-2005, 07:36 AM
I made it through the week. Big F'in deal. Last weekend I was scheduled off Sat-Tue be back to work on Wed. I had to work nine days straight to get that and did it happen. HELL NO, back to work on Monday. And I only get Sat off this week and something stupid like Tuesday next week. This sucks, by the time I drag my *** out of here around 5 today get here at 7am I wont want to do chit and tomorrow I have to go to some stupid, "Well I got her Knocked up, we had a kid, got married at the court house, make up for it reception two hours away from here, and all I want to do is sleep in and ride before I have to spend 10 hours at work on SUNDAY that blows.

Sorry had to vent, been a long long week.

jesshamner
10-07-2005, 07:41 AM
I know how you feel man. I work part time at a grocery store chain to pay the bills while in college. Between working a few hours 5 or 6 days a week and going to class and doing homework, there is little time to do what I want. They usually give me a weekday off from work. Wow...a weekday. I still have to go to class. The worst part is, I have a professor that thinks college should be my only full time job and won't back down the volume of homework. He says that I should be spending 40 hours a week on school stuff. I only have 17 hours of classes...you do the math.

jwick07
10-07-2005, 07:42 AM
I forgot I also want to watch K-State beat the crap out of KU

Hey could you all post some funny pics of stupid chit to lift my dragging ***** up a little, you pics of people getting owned3D!!

THANKS

jwick07
10-07-2005, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by jesshamner
I know how you feel man. I work part time at a grocery store chain to pay the bills while in college. Between working a few hours 5 or 6 days a week and going to class and doing homework, there is little time to do what I want. They usually give me a weekday off from work. Wow...a weekday. I still have to go to class. The worst part is, I have a professor that thinks college should be my only full time job and won't back down the volume of homework. He says that I should be spending 40 hours a week on school stuff. I only have 17 hours of classes...you do the math.

I know the feeling when I was in college my last two years I worked 40 plus hours a week at a Youth Detention Center. I had teachers that were the same way, However some were really cool if I missed class as long as I let them know what was going on, like I had to work to 4am because three boys tried to scale the 20' fence that has razor wire coils on it and didn't make so I had to climb up the fence and dig the razors out of them then sit in ER for hours getting stiches and writting reports. Man the blood really flows out of people when the struggle in the razor wire on kid had 10 stiches in the tissue and the 20 on top to close the gash. I thought he was going to pass out before I got him off the fence it was wild.

duke416ex
10-07-2005, 08:03 AM
[i] I have to go to some stupid, "Well I got her Knocked up, we had a kid, got married at the court house, make up for it reception [/B]

That's funny right there!:D

400exrider707
10-07-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by jesshamner

Yeah I really cant stand professors like that. I dont think any of them realize that we take MORE than one class! And most of us work too! Lets see they say 2 hours studying for every one hour of class. So 18 credit hours x2 = 36 hours + the 18 for class and we're at 54 hours, then we have jobs on top of that! If they only knew. Its a darn good think I have Exriders to come to to help w/ my chronic procrastination!:devil:

10-07-2005, 10:35 AM
i was done working wednesday night at 7 pm and don't have to be back until monday morning at 7 am...like that all the time, except it rotates between shifts and ends of the week...it is terrible to only work 156 days a year:eek2:

jwick07
10-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i was done working wednesday night at 7 pm and don't have to be back until monday morning at 7 am...like that all the time, except it rotates between shifts and ends of the week...it is terrible to only work 156 days a year:eek2:

So would you like me to hate you now or later:devil:

so what is it that you do

10-07-2005, 10:59 AM
press operator apprentice at a major printing company...we print bottle labels for pennzoil, snapple, quakerstate, and many others

i work 3 days a week for 3 weeks then i work one 6 day week then 3 more weeks of 3 days, after that i have a week of and switch to the other shift...the thing is though is that i work 12 hr days all the time and i get no schedulable vacation

if i need a day off, i have to switch shifts with someone on the other end of the week...it is worth it though

honduh440
10-07-2005, 11:04 AM
If it makes you feel any better, ive had 9 days off this hole year and just now got to where i dont work wednesdays

10-07-2005, 11:07 AM
actually you could have some of my days off...if it weren't for ahving a 4 yr old, i would have a second part time job just to kill time...it kinda sucks having so much time off when everyine else is at work...i love the time with my daughter, but...

Doober
10-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by jwick07
Hey could you all post some funny pics of stupid chit to lift my dragging ***** up a little, you pics of people getting owned3D!!

wilkin250r
10-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Yeah I really cant stand professors like that. I dont think any of them realize that we take MORE than one class! And most of us work too! Lets see they say 2 hours studying for every one hour of class. So 18 credit hours x2 = 36 hours + the 18 for class and we're at 54 hours, then we have jobs on top of that! If they only knew. Its a darn good think I have Exriders to come to to help w/ my chronic procrastination!:devil:

Um, yeah! That's how college works.

What part of "full-time student" are you confused about? 18 credits is considered the equivalent of a full-time job, working at least 40 hrs per week.

Not too many people carry two full-time jobs, 80hrs per week. Likewise, not too many people are taking 18 credits and are still trying to work at a full-time job. You can either work full-time, and be a part-time student, or work part-time and be a full-time student. You generally can't do both full-time.

jesshamner
10-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Um, yeah! That's how college works.

What part of "full-time student" are you confused about? 18 credits is considered the equivalent of a full-time job, working at least 40 hrs per week.

Not too many people carry two full-time jobs, 80hrs per week. Likewise, not too many people are taking 18 credits and are still trying to work at a full-time job. You can either work full-time, and be a part-time student, or work part-time and be a full-time student. You generally can't do both full-time.

My professor takes that mentality to the extreme. He thinks that 15 hours plus work outside of class should add up to 40. So 15 hours isn't considered full time to him. 15 hours + 35 hours of work outside of my classes. The worst part is, he knows that other professors don't assign much work so he trys to take up their slack.:rolleyes: On top of all that, he's my advisor. :mad:

jwick07
10-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Tell him to get bent and go to a differnt school or change your major. Really the degree is nice toliet paper or bathroom decor, I have a B.S. in Criminal Justice, with emphasis(sp sorry) in Juivenile Deliquency, and had a 3.5 gpa in my core with two years of field related work while in college, (started out as paid intership and they loved me and kept my on as full time while in college). What do I do now. Well my first year out of college I got a job with Holiday Inn as Operations Manager and now I'm a general manager in training (1st of November I get my own property) all because my last two years of high school and first two years of college I worked for a hotel company.

Also my first year out of college I was making 3grand more than my old boss at the juvi center.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that working while in college and building a good working resume pays off so stay working

sly400ex
10-07-2005, 02:24 PM
I say, welcome to LIFE!:chinese:

Atkins
10-07-2005, 02:25 PM
Its Friday, and Im leaving to go whitewater rafting by day, and partying at our campsite by night until Sunday. Should be a good time.

That sucks about your work, man.

prepracing
10-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Friday night...... and I'm gonna be sitting here at work staring at the computer untill 6am. Good thing I can still get to some sites like this one or my night would be REALLY boring, they locked down ebay on me so atleat I won't be spending too much money tonight :devil:

FourFiftyFour
10-07-2005, 10:08 PM
so its friday night and i am sitting at home with a broken foot......big deal blah blah blah blah

and i cant find a job so all you dudes with jobs should consider yourself lucky bc you can afford to buy new quads

LTandRaptorider
10-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
so its friday night and i am sitting at home with a broken foot......big deal blah blah blah blah

and i cant find a job so all you dudes with jobs should consider yourself lucky bc you can afford to buy new quads

Well, since you have time on your hands... how about helping me pick out a new quad... oh and a house. And would it be too much trouble to ask you to hobble to the fridge and grab me a beer? :confused: :eek: :blah:

yes, working all those hours sucks... but as Kara said, be lucky to have a job. ;)

Remember... Life sucks and then you die...

TRX_450
10-08-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by jwick07
I forgot I also want to watch K-State beat the crap out of KU

THANKS

GO CATS!!!!!! i had 100 bux on that game wit one of my teachers......i bet hes pissed he lost 100 bux to a 14 year old......lmao:D