PDA

View Full Version : Espn-disney Pro Atv Series

kids on quads
10-07-2005, 06:27 AM
Has anyone heard anything about the new ESPN-DISNEY pro atv series?

10-07-2005, 08:26 AM
like 2 months ago man...sorry

450r51
10-07-2005, 01:38 PM
whats this about , and when is it and stuff.

kids on quads
10-08-2005, 06:48 AM
Its supposed to be a new pro series put on by espn and disney. I am trying to find out any info on it because we want to ride it.

10-08-2005, 12:14 PM
it is invite only for the pro's and it was 2-3 months ago in Florida

450r51
10-08-2005, 02:12 PM
dude we know about that, he was talking about a pro race series not the great outdoor games inagural event. so if u have ne info about the series if there is one, plz shine some light on the subject.

SRH
10-08-2005, 10:44 PM
is it suppose to be a supercross series? that would be awesome...quads need a real supercross series.....

hondaracer305
10-09-2005, 06:38 AM
i think it was some terracross deal or something. but its nothing to get excited over, trust me :o

kids on quads
10-09-2005, 04:05 PM
I think if what I have heard is true, it is, somthing to get excited about. I heard its a 8 or 9 race series with one hour tv coverage. and a very healthy purse, I have heard this from some people very high up in the industry, and am trying to nail down some of the details before we decide what to race next year.

Atkins
10-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Disney + Quads = Gay

Just watch Motocrossed, and see how retarded they made bikes look.

kids on quads
10-09-2005, 06:45 PM
I guess you would know about gay you c rider now go away and let the pros talk

10-09-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by kids on quads
I guess you would know about gay you c rider now go away and let the pros talk Who the hell are you?

kicken250x
10-09-2005, 07:02 PM
AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

im sorry i just find great humor in the C rider comment....:devil:

im not trying to start anything here but the whole cracking on people because they may not have millions of dollars to spend on a full out race machine doesnt justify cracking down on them. for some reason i get the feeling youve never had youre name listed in the back of ATVSport or Dirt Wheels in the race stats yourself, so chill dude.

as for the disney espn thing goin on here...im not so sure how cool this can be really...disneys probably gonna try to take all the fun out of it and make it all safe and limit the quads to 5 MPH or something stupid, kinda like Motocrossed as someone else said.

Nick110
10-09-2005, 07:10 PM
^ u dont need millions of dollars to be competative in classes. its 5% bike and 95% rider. i know guys that race almost stock 450's in productin B, quad b, in nationals.

hondaracer305
10-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by kids on quads
I think if what I have heard is true, it is, somthing to get excited about. I heard its a 8 or 9 race series with one hour tv coverage. and a very healthy purse, I have heard this from some people very high up in the industry, and am trying to nail down some of the details before we decide what to race next year.

if its the terracross deal i heard about that had to do with espn a few months ago, the riders had to drive a 4x4 quad and park it, shoot a bow & arrow into a bullseye, and a bunch of other stuff from there, i was disapointed when i heard about it.. :ermm:

kicken250x
10-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
^ u dont need millions of dollars to be competative in classes. its 5% bike and 95% rider. i know guys that race almost stock 450's in productin B, quad b, in nationals.

i was being sarcastic there hoss...:rolleyes: with the way production atvs are going these days its gonna be the old cannondale in todays form all over again

SRH
10-09-2005, 08:22 PM
most of the people posting here are just posting stupid comments

anyway, quads badly need a supercross series with tv coverage during winter months...nationals are not going to get the exposure sx will

RedRacer44
10-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Johnny (JH Racing) was talking about it.....ESPN really liked the response they got from the great outdoor games and they're trying to put together a series to run with big pro purses and TV coverage but he said it was going to be the same time as the Nationals in the summer....not exactly sure on correct details though so dont take my word for it!

Thats all the info I had, it is a real deal though. I didnt hear anything about Disney having a hand in it though.....just ESPN. This would be awesome for our sport but could also take away from the tradition of the GNC ATV Nationals if the Pros start going to these races instead of the Nats.....

Cant tell ya anymore.....sorry:confused:

TWISTED
10-10-2005, 02:00 AM
It doesn't make sense to me. ESPN gave up the Supercross and The Mx national coverage, so why would they worry with quads??? I used to get pissed waitng for supercross, and it would be delayed because of softball???? I hope if they do this it will be a little better than the Outdoor games as far as better commentators and the way they do the tracks..

smr
10-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Disney owns ESPN. That is why it's a disney espn thing.