PDA

View Full Version : Kfx-450

quadmaster88
10-07-2005, 12:01 AM
So since kawi kinda did they lil KFX400 thing with the Z400 does anyone know if they will do the same for the 450?I havnt hurd anything or dont know whats goin on...so it would just be the same thing but in orange and green..................

just a thought i had...........

jesshamner
10-07-2005, 12:10 AM
Thats a good question. They have broke off some of their ties so it will be something to watch for.

450robot
10-07-2005, 11:01 AM
yah, im not sure, but i remember reading in a mag somewhere, that kawie had the own 450 in production at this moment, it should be cool

but i havent heard anything since

redhondi400
10-07-2005, 11:33 AM
dirt wheels had a little article about a kawi 450. The rumor is it wont be out until 07 and may have reverse.

Unverfehrt400ex
10-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Yeh ive read that too. all ive really heard about it is that it wont be anything like the suzuki since them and kawasaki arnt together anymore

z400roosteR
10-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Unverfehrt400ex
Yeh ive read that too. all ive really heard about it is that it wont be anything like the suzuki since them and kawasaki arnt together anymore

They may not be as "tight" but i doubt they have parted seperate ways all together.

ofsoto
10-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Kawasaki is working on a totally new design of their own 450 quad. They won't share too many models with Suzuki anymore...

AtvMxRider
10-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by z400roosteR
They may not be as "tight" but i doubt they have parted seperate ways all together.

They are not sharing any models anymore.

trx400exxracer
10-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Kawasaki is coming out with their own 450 and I heard it will be pretty nice who knows it might come out on top since their taking so long to come out with it

trx400exxracer
10-07-2005, 06:51 PM
I also heard that ktm is experimenting with a quad of their own if they come out with a quad as good as their dirtbikes it will be killer I think they should have come out with a quad a long time ago

Mxracer53
10-07-2005, 10:14 PM
there dirtbike is awsome looking and suppsoivly really really fast.:D http://img.timeinc.net/mx/content/images/sep05/092905/1.jpg
KX450f ride (http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/features/article/0,13190,1111880,00.html)

quadmaster88
10-08-2005, 12:06 AM
wow i dont read dirtwheels to much anymore... but so does this 450 put the z400 outta market or what?

liloldbie
10-08-2005, 09:21 AM
Naw, the z400 is still a nice all around trail quad with nice power.

pistonbone
10-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
I also heard that ktm is experimenting with a quad of their own if they come out with a quad as good as their dirtbikes it will be killer I think they should have come out with a quad a long time ago

there's a short article in dirtwheels with, I believe, a picture.

trx400exxracer
10-09-2005, 06:31 PM
yeah that picture is one of Darrel Rath's quads which was a aftermarket frame with a ktm dirtbike motor but they said the Ktm place in Austrailia will be experimenting with a quad

(T) (L) (U)
10-10-2005, 02:19 PM
i dont no if kaw and suz are still togher or not but if they were maybe they would do asomething like MX=suzkie 450 then XC=kawaskie 450 just a thought

CdaleXtreme
10-10-2005, 07:30 PM
it was announced earlier this year that kawasaki and Suzuki will no longer work together to produce new models, nor will they share any new models.

z400roosteR
10-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

ANY models? no they still have the 400's they both put them out in '06 *******........but the post above mine is more reasonable. They won't be sharing any NEW models which i believe but they still share the 400.

Toadz400
10-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer

Sadly they're not doing it on their own, they're teaming up with Polaris for this one. It'll probably come pretty nice from KTM then Polaris will add 267 lbs of unneeded weight onto it:p .

Unverfehrt400ex
12-03-2005, 11:11 PM
yeh I completely agree with ya there. I think KTM should just get their own atv's without bein with polaris it be 10 times better

ill_lil_romey
12-07-2005, 06:49 PM
KTM is supposedly experimenting with a KTM motor in a Polaris frame, possibly a preditor based geometry

Bajakawi
12-14-2005, 02:58 PM
C'mon guys, give us Predator riders a break...lol.. the weight from the Pred mostly comes from their engine..which isn't even made by them, it is made by Fuji...hopefully the KTM/Polaris based quad will be a good all around quad under 400# with reverse..that would be sweeeet..but only time will tell

Toadz400
12-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Bajapred
C'mon guys, give us Predator riders a break...lol.. the weight from the Pred mostly comes from their engine..which isn't even made by them, it is made by Fuji...hopefully the KTM/Polaris based quad will be a good all around quad under 400# with reverse..that would be sweeeet..but only time will tell

Eh, you could be right...I HOPE you're right. Hopefully Polaris won't screw this one up, but I really do hope it doesn't use the Predator frame. Hopefully they come up with a completely new frame that will handle well with the power the KTM engine will put out..and hopefully Polaris won't have anything to do with the engine department...okay, I really hope Polaris has nothing to do with anything...I really don't like anything about Polaris:D .

MXRACER86
12-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Eh, you could be right...I HOPE you're right. Hopefully Polaris won't screw this one up, but I really do hope it doesn't use the Predator frame. Hopefully they come up with a completely new frame that will handle well with the power the KTM engine will put out..and hopefully Polaris won't have anything to do with the engine department...okay, I really hope Polaris has nothing to do with anything...I really don't like anything about Polaris:D .

LMAO!

Bajakawi
12-15-2005, 08:31 AM
That is a very biased opinion..one which on your Z400, you could never live up to. I believe each company has their own leading edge technoligy & their own ways of pleasing their buyers market. Polaris has really stepped up to the table in the last two years with their added refinements on the Predator & the release of the Outlaw...Yamaha has added some real juice to their 450 and to the Raptor..and Suzuki has released their 450. Kawasaki has had nothing in the last few years but is rumored to be working on something big. A satement like ( and hopefully Polaris won't have anything to do with the engine department...okay, I really hope Polaris has nothing to do with anything...I really don't like anything about Polaris . ) really just tells me you are not a true competitor in the quad sport world...
But thats just my opinion..I could be wrong

Toadz400
12-16-2005, 10:47 PM
That is a very biased opinion..one which on your Z400, you could never live up to. I believe each company has their own leading edge technoligy & their own ways of pleasing their buyers market. Polaris has really stepped up to the table in the last two years with their added refinements on the Predator & the release of the Outlaw...Yamaha has added some real juice to their 450 and to the Raptor..and Suzuki has released their 450. Kawasaki has had nothing in the last few years but is rumored to be working on something big. A satement like ( and hopefully Polaris won't have anything to do with the engine department...okay, I really hope Polaris has nothing to do with anything...I really don't like anything about Polaris . ) really just tells me you are not a true competitor in the quad sport world...
But thats just my opinion..I could be wrong

And your opinion is biased because you own a Polaris. I have ridden a Predator also. For competetion, I would not want a Predator. For just cruising around on the trails and giving her hell sometimes, I would love a Predator. But for what I do, which is a little bit of everything, the YFZ fits me perfectly. I like how light and nimble it is and how it reacts quickly to throwing it around or turning, whereas the Predator is overweight and not so easy to throw around if you don't weigh half as much as it. As for Polaris and their innovation on sport quads, they have nothing besides IRS, which isn't the first quad to have it. As for not wanting Polaris to have anything to do with anything...look at their utilities. As for the Predator, they didn't even make the engine.

Bajakawi
12-17-2005, 08:13 AM
Look at their utilities??? Ok, look at them..year in and year out they make some of the best rated utilities on the planet..Their EFI 800 is rated better than the Bomb is..all the Bomb has is power..while the Polaris has it all...As for your preference of the YFZ over the Pred in competition I would agree, I too would have the 450 if I was racing..their is no comparison on the track..but have you noticed that the Pred is a 500cc..not really intended to be on the MX track..it is intended to be an all around quad..which I believe it does very well..and so do many of the other quads built... I was only making reference to your remark about "Polaris the company" not each individual machine....and now Polaris has teamed with KTM..what more do you want from them...I stick with my original anylisis..you are not a true competitor..you should welcome change in the industry..you should welcome a newcomer..that is how this business is..someone new comes along and offers something no-one else does..then the companies all come up with new ideas do out-do the other guys...that is how we make progress..that is how we went from three wheels to four..that is how we went from two stroke to four stroke..and that is how it will always be!

Toadz400
12-17-2005, 08:57 AM
I stick with my original anylisis..you are not a true competitor..you should welcome change in the industry..you should welcome a newcomer..that is how this business is..someone new comes along and offers something no-one else does..then the companies all come up with new ideas do out-do the other guys...that is how we make progress..that is how we went from three wheels to four..that is how we went from two stroke to four stroke..and that is how it will always be!

And I still stick with my original statement on how I hope Polaris doesn't have much to do with the development, which I know they will. If any other company would've made the Predator I know it could've been a much better machine than it already is, especially in the chassis design.

Bajakawi
12-17-2005, 09:35 AM
I guess everyone is definately entitled to their own opinion..right or WRONG

400excracer
12-17-2005, 10:14 AM
ANY models? no they still have the 400's they both put them out in '06 *******........but the post above mine is more reasonable. They won't be sharing any NEW models which i believe but they still share the 400.

This is the last year for the KFX400. Their partnership is over after the 2006 model run.

Toadz400
12-17-2005, 10:29 AM
I guess everyone is definately entitled to their own opinion..right or WRONG

How can somebody's opinion be wrong? It's an opinion...you sound like my 7th grade English teacher. We'd take quizzes on what our opinion was of a book we read and where it was going, but we'd always get them wrong because her opinion was the only one right. Now that's just plain wrong.

But I think more people would agree with me that the Big 3 would do a much better job on development of the Predator than Polaris did. Polaris didn't even have the know-how to make their own engine for it, otherwise it'd probably just be a Trail Blazer engine.

I'm just saying that Polaris isn't the best out there for high-performance. They put out a decent quad, but it's not high-performance state of the art. And I'm talking about all of their models, Polaris is nothing great. The Predator can't even really be called Pure Polaris, because it's not. The Predator is a great quad for trail riding and Baja racing, which is probably what you use it for I'm guessing. But for serious competetion, it's not the greatest and it never will be.

Bajakawi
12-17-2005, 10:50 AM
Most of the companies use each others ideas- parts..sometimes even their quads..ie..Suz, Kaw & Artcic Cat...just because Polaris didn't make their own engine or use one they had..doesn't mean they couldn't..they seen their best opportunity in the Fuji & used it...My guess is that they will not be using it much longer with the addition of KTM..but who knows....now you want to talk development..compare the Raptor and the Pred..Yam had many years to fix that thing and they finally got it right for 06....and Hondas kick start 450..once again got it right finally...The Predator has been out for 3 years and each year has shown significant change and updating...I am not biased in any way..I believe each company has their own niche in the market. If I had my way I would own about 4 different quads.. Hell, my Pred has parts from Suzuki & Honda on it. But I welcome change in the sport, I also welcome newcomers...Dinli may turn into something..I am not going out to buy their new 450..but I am not sitting here saying I like nothing about their quad or their company either. I prefer to support the sport and look on the brighter sides..not the negative...just my .02

Toadz400
12-17-2005, 01:53 PM
Well when you say it that way, then I agree with you. You're the one talking on the negative side saying my opinion is wrong and you're right. I'm just giving my opinion on Polaris which is not biased at all. I have friends who own Polaris, I just do not care for them as they are not as good in quality and design as other companies. Polaris is the cheaper company that is for the average person who just needs something to ride, nothing great. Except for their higher-end utilities which they seem to have put some good time into. But they are in no way putting enough R&D into sport competetion.

Oh and by the way, who were you talking to about a Z400?:confused:
That is a very biased opinion..one which on your Z400, you could never live up to.

Bajakawi
12-17-2005, 02:38 PM
The WRONG comment was more of a joke than anything...z400 is in your signon Toadz400...... I was talking to you

Toadz400
12-18-2005, 08:45 AM
The WRONG comment was more of a joke than anything...z400 is in your signon Toadz400...... I was talking to you

Oh, no I don't own or ride a Z400. My nickname is Toadz and I used to ride a 400ex, so when I made my name on here I had Toadz400, not ToadZ400.

dreamrider
12-19-2005, 04:41 PM
ktm
http://www.atvnews.com/output.cfm?id=1007065

Toadz400
12-19-2005, 06:40 PM
I suppose KTM went with Polaris because they don't have a strong sport quad lineup as opposed to Yamaha, Honda, and Suzuki. At least KTM will be doing the suspension, and hopefully they will help perfect the chassis design.

slamdak8782
12-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Well my opinion on this is, the predator was talked up a lot when it first came out. It was a very good quad but realistically. KTM has the best powerplant made. And like ol boy said earlier they will probably make a chassis that is rediculously heavy. You want a beast of a Ktm? And the best of both worlds? Don't reinvent the wheel. Use a 250r geometry frame a ktm 525 and 450 engine with a nice comfy seat and shazam you have 2 quads that stomp the atv world. In fact I would sell my 250r for that wild beast. Last but not least All of the current 450 would not handle as well and would be slower. So there you go the best frame has already been made. Come to think of it the best quad has been made long live the 250r.:macho Since we all know that the damn hippies got rid of the best ie 2 strokes we are left with 4 strokes . Anyways the point remains polaris can will and has screwed up a wet dream.

Toadz400
12-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by slamdak8782
Well my opinion on this is, the predator was talked up a lot when it first came out. It was a very good quad but realistically. KTM has the best powerplant made. And like ol boy said earlier they will probably make a chassis that is rediculously heavy. You want a beast of a Ktm? And the best of both worlds? Don't reinvent the wheel. Use a 250r geometry frame a ktm 525 and 450 engine with a nice comfy seat and shazam you have 2 quads that stomp the atv world. In fact I would sell my 250r for that wild beast. Last but not least All of the current 450 would not handle as well and would be slower. So there you go the best frame has already been made. Come to think of it the best quad has been made long live the 250r.:macho Since we all know that the damn hippies got rid of the best ie 2 strokes we are left with 4 strokes . Anyways the point remains polaris can will and has screwed up a wet dream.

Thank you, someone on the same wavelength as me. 250R geometry is by far the best and it would be unstopable with a KTM engine.

DEAL
12-21-2005, 10:38 AM
Kawasaki has never built a decent sport quad on their own so what will make their 450 so hot?
I mean ... look ... Tecate, Mojave and the V-force, 3 sorry excuses.
But you never know, maybe they will turn themselves around. They do build great dirtbikes.
Yamaha really surprised me with the yfz450 so I guess anything is possible, especially after releasing what should have been the biggest joke in the industry - the raptor 660.

As for Polaris and Ktm.
What a waste.

slamdak8782
12-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Well realistically you cant bang on them they at least have been around the industry for a while and the mojave is a cool little quad for a 250. The tecate was at the time it was released the fastest between the honda and the suzuki So I think they are right in there. Yamaha has been leading the industry with all kinds of new quads, I think they really made the push for every thing in the late 90s and one can argue they kept there 2 stroke longer than any other manufacturer. They have stuck up for the sport. What kind of qaud do you ride and what is your beef with kawasaki

DEAL
12-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Well realistically you cant bang on them they at least have been around the industry for a while and the mojave is a cool little quad for a 250. The tecate was at the time it was released the fastest between the honda and the suzuki So I think they are right in there and what is the joke about a lightweight chassis with a big bore 700 in a quad. Yamaha has been leading the industry with all kinds of new quads, I think they really made the push for every thing in the late 90s and one can argue they kept there 2 stroke longer than any other manufacturer. They have stuck up for the sport. What kind of qaud do you ride and what is your beef with kawasaki

Lightweight?.. kfx700...
I think not
The tecate was fast, yes but when you build a quad that is met to race motor isn't everything.
And yamaha has come up with some good ideas over the years but they have not been able to perfect their handling like Honda has, Thus everyone using frames similar to the 250rs.

And if you looked at my signature you would see I ride a 450r, I have no problem with kawasaki besides they have yet to impress me with a new sport quad that THEY designed.

jesshamner
12-21-2005, 12:45 PM
I agree with slamdak. Those machines are good machines. Just because they aren't what you're looking for doesn't mean they were lesser quality. The mojave is a great starter quad that is reliable. The vforce has proven itself in the gncc a thousand times. Look at the utility class. Its all vforces. As for the tecate, it didn't handle the best but it was a good motor. I wasn't in the scene back then but the only complaints I have heard about them is that parts are hard to find and they didn't handle as well as the other 250s.

Slamdak said the vforce has a lightweight chassis...as in a sport quad set up as opposed to a big honkin utility.

slamdak8782
12-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Well I was was actually saying that the Raptor has a relatively lightweight chassis and I couldnt see why he thought that it would be a mistake for it to be released. As for the V-force it is big and it appeals to those guys who think bigger is always better. Plus it is a V-twin. Notice a connection to harleys also bigger is better is connected with it as well. Anyways there is a market for that quad as well as there was for the Tecate and the mojave. I would have really liked to have seen a 330 mojave that came stock. My buddies mojave was bored over one bore size and it could compete with a 400ex. Back in the day a lot of people were racing big bore mojaves before all the new quads came out and people started dropping yz400s and the like into quad chassis. Anyways you are comparing 80s quads to the new quads and that really isnt fair because they weren't built to compete against the 450r or the yfz. They were built to compete with the 250r. Guess what im saying is kawasaki goes after the market and that is what they always have went after. With enough money even a mojave could compete with a 450r. You are just comparing apples and oranges. I bet I could build a tecate that would spank a 450r for under 5000 dollars. So it was a good bike. Handling wise not so much I agree but the 450r doesnt handle to good either. I think the 400ex was better and the 250r better yet still than the both of them. okay im done

DEAL
12-21-2005, 04:44 PM
And the 250r was 1000 times better than anything out there until a few years ago.
And the raptor 660 .. just a mess, its pretty bad when you "update" a quad you have to completely redesign it to get rid of its flaws.

hasbeenttduner
12-22-2005, 08:02 AM
If you think a tecate is anything close to a 250r you weren't around in the late 80's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slamdak8782
12-22-2005, 12:26 PM
Well read the reviews from when they all first came out the suzuki the tecate and the R and reviews i have read from old dirt wheels they called the battles to close for comfort. As for the raptor being redesigned it needed it. It was top heavy and to skinny and now it is about right. What is so wrong about that? I just wish they had redesigned the banshee. Anyways I guess I will continue to argue with you but as I have said the tecate wasn't bad for its time. I dont even know why I am arguing this Im a honda guy myself but tecates werent bad for their time. What were your other choices back then 250r suzuki or a tecate. So back then it was an impressive machine. Does it stand by the 250r no way . That quad is legendary I own one but the tecates werent all that bad. As for the raptors I saw a very talented 16 year old one time gaining ground on pro curtis crump in the woods so they cant be that bad.

hasbeenttduner
12-22-2005, 01:55 PM
You must remember that dirt wheels liked the money kawasaki gave them to advertise.It was not close to a 250 r!While looking up old issues look up thier project 1986 mx trx250r.They installed a +1 1/2 inch swingarm.That was such a great idea everyone else was running -1 1/2.Honda also shortened the 88 89 1 1/2 and that really woke it up in stock trim.

DEAL
12-22-2005, 02:41 PM
Well read the reviews from when they all first came out the suzuki the tecate and the R and reviews i have read from old dirt wheels they called the battles to close for comfort. As for the raptor being redesigned it needed it. It was top heavy and to skinny and now it is about right. What is so wrong about that? I just wish they had redesigned the banshee. Anyways I guess I will continue to argue with you but as I have said the tecate wasn't bad for its time. I dont even know why I am arguing this Im a honda guy myself but tecates werent bad for their time. What were your other choices back then 250r suzuki or a tecate. So back then it was an impressive machine. Does it stand by the 250r no way . That quad is legendary I own one but the tecates werent all that bad. As for the raptors I saw a very talented 16 year old one time gaining ground on pro curtis crump in the woods so they cant be that bad.

Yes .. and Honda updated the 400ex ... did they have to make a completely new quad? no ..
They also updated the 450r ... did they have to make a completely new quad? No again..
And last but not least .. in 1988 .. honda updated the 250r ... and they also did not have to build a completely new quad.

Which is why I think ... raptor660 = big mistake.

And if the tecate and lt250r was so close to the 250r .. why didn't we see a sea of Tecates , Lt250rs, and Trx250rs racing over the 90s ... thats right ... we didn't. Only Honda.

hasbeenttduner
12-22-2005, 03:46 PM
The only tecates were factory/support riders.Suzuki had a large factory/support team and a GREAT contidency program.No more factory, support or bonus and everyone.......250R!!!!!!!!!!!

Also the first aftermarket a arms were built to get the tecate around a racetrack.Even with the new arms they were not wider than a 250r.They were not better than a 250r.Stock they were about as wide as a trx90.It would be great if kaw came out with a new 450.Thier mx bike hauls.They won't send such a bad tecate out again.Bring on a 450 tecate.

12-23-2005, 10:20 AM
i'd buy one just for the green plastic!!!
i've always loved kawi green.

:cool:

01-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

so does that mean this is the last year for the kfx400?

hasbeenttduner
01-04-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by 450rhonda-dude
so does that mean this is the last year for the kfx400?
Looks that way.It may be availible with yellow or white plastic for a few more years.

bradley300
01-05-2006, 09:52 AM
The Predator can't even really be called Pure Polaris, because it's not.

does anyone realize, Fuji has ALWAYS made the polaris motors. every quad motor polaris has (with the exception of the parelell twin utes, polaris did those on thier own) has been a Fuji engine. so a pred is as much polaris as any other polaris quad

Toadz400
01-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
does anyone realize, Fuji has ALWAYS made the polaris motors. every quad motor polaris has (with the exception of the parelell twin utes, polaris did those on thier own) has been a Fuji engine. so a pred is as much polaris as any other polaris quad

Oh okay, so that means almost all of Polaris's aren't really "Pure Polaris".

zeppelin
01-07-2006, 04:38 PM
I suppose KTM went with Polaris because they don't have a strong sport quad lineup as opposed to Yamaha, Honda, and Suzuki. At least KTM will be doing the suspension, and hopefully they will help perfect the chassis design. please dear god do not let this happen, the suspension polaris uses actualy happens to be one of it strong points, and well if you have ever ridin a ktm dirt bike then you would understand why people would start useing 300ex shocks just to get away from the wps

slamdak8782
01-07-2006, 05:05 PM
zeppelin I agree. The biggest problem with polaris is their ability to make the lightweight extremely heavy. Otherwise the powerplant was great and the suspension good just too heavy to compete. I really fike their fox suspension though

Toadz400
01-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
please dear god do not let this happen, the suspension polaris uses actualy happens to be one of it strong points, and well if you have ever ridin a ktm dirt bike then you would understand why people would start useing 300ex shocks just to get away from the wps

I've never heard of KTM's having bad suspension. As long as Polaris uses the Fox shocks (which I know they will on the Predator and any other high-performance quads they make in the future) then I wouldn't have a problem with that. But using car struts...I mean come on...

slamdak8782
01-07-2006, 09:48 PM
oh I see what you mean. like the polaris trailblazer

trx440
01-08-2006, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by zeppelin
please dear god do not let this happen, the suspension polaris uses actualy happens to be one of it strong points, and well if you have ever ridin a ktm dirt bike then you would understand why people would start useing 300ex shocks just to get away from the wps.

You've been reading MXA too much.

Their Off road line up, the EXC's & MXC's are almost perfect from the factory, easily besting the Japs.

They have however struggled with the SX line-up in the magazines eyes.

Toadz400
01-08-2006, 12:12 PM
oh I see what you mean. like the polaris trailblazer

Yes, every other Polaris quad besides the Predator and Outlaw have horrible suspension compared to the other companies. If they use their Fox shocks (maybe even the Floats) then I will be happy.

Ride1Rob
01-09-2006, 06:32 AM
What I want to know is why is Kawasaki always last to make improvements to their bikes? They were the last to redo their streetbikes, last to make a 4 stroke dirtbike, and now their last again on the 450 quad. Guess they just like being in last place???

bwamos
01-09-2006, 01:46 PM
If everyone else does the R&D first.. their R&D costs about 10% of what it would have. ;)

slamdak8782
01-09-2006, 05:34 PM
only problem is they are homos and are to scared too be original. I am fed up with kawasucky. They should be out there fighting ot out with honda and yamaha. I think that they are a really big disapointment as far as being in the race scene. If they dont want to be a part if the new quad scene....screw them. By the time the come out with something it is already too late. Ibet they come out with a new 450 and then the bore limit will change to 500cc. Compalacecy is the devils doorstep. I hope they burn to the ground :devil: JK I would really like to see them step it up though.

Toadz400
01-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
If everyone else does the R&D first.. their R&D costs about 10% of what it would have. ;)

Exactly...but just think of all the sales they miss out on waiting for everyone else to make their stuff first. They may spend less in R&D, but look at how many Kawasaki 450 bikes you see out there, mostly just see the Big 3.

blackwell17
01-09-2006, 05:55 PM
I work at a Kawi dealer so I will see if the guys there know any info

LTZ400ApK
01-09-2006, 06:26 PM
sickem Rag!!!!!

LTZ400ApK
01-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Even Older Here!!!!

BRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Titanium
01-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by bradley300

The sportsman 500 engine has a subaru logo on it tho. so that don't make sense if they're all made by fuji.

Dale512
01-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Fuji builds Subaru's engines too...infact I beleive Subaru owns Fuji if I remember correctly.

Toadz400
01-09-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Dale512
Fuji builds Subaru's engines too...infact I beleive Subaru owns Fuji if I remember correctly.

If that's the case, then I'm all for a Fuji engine...Subaru engines are awesome, at least the older ones (80's), they are bulletproof!

Bender
01-09-2006, 11:39 PM
Actually Subaru is owned by Fuji. It's just Fuji's car division.

01-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by LTZ400ApK
sickem Rag!!!!!

sweet pics, man.
in the first pic, is that the same three-wheeler converted into a quad?

Dale512
01-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Yep, Bender's correct on that. I knew they were connected somehow though.

slamdak8782
01-10-2006, 11:59 AM
force havent you ever seen a tecate 4? That is what that bad boy is and the other is a tecate 3.

01-11-2006, 09:57 AM
yeah, i have.
it's been so long.....i've forgotten what they looked like!!

i thought maybe it was a conversion.
remember those 3-wheel to 4-wheel conversion kits they used to advertise in dirtwheels?

i wonder if anyone on here ever did that to their 3-wheeler.
never got to see one in person.

Bender
01-13-2006, 12:38 AM
I remember when Gary Denton was racing a Suzuki quadracer chasis with a yamaha YZ 250 engine, they were calling it a yamaquad. That thing ripped. That company that made those conversions was called Dirty works or something like that. I remember that they had a conversion for a KX 500 into a quad, some crazy stuff in the 80's.

Tri-valleyracin
01-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
What I want to know is why is Kawasaki always last to make improvements to their bikes? They were the last to redo their streetbikes, last to make a 4 stroke dirtbike, and now their last again on the 450 quad. Guess they just like being in last place???

but if u noteced they have some of the fastest dirtbikes, street bikes, not a quad yet but lets hope so.
there last but one of the best. and they have a street bike faster than the busa its the ZX-14.

vincent#109
01-18-2006, 09:07 AM
The alliance between suzuki and kawasaki is over, kawasaki will have to work alone on their new 450's. and for the KTM i read in dirt wheels mag that their bike will be ready for 2006. it will share a polaris frame and a KTM dirt bike motor.

01-18-2006, 09:48 AM
All this kicks arse!!! It's so exciting to have all these different makes and models once again. No more swarms of 300 and 400 ex's!!! woohoo!!

I'd like to see a Husqvarna 450!!! lol.

Racing Rice
01-19-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Tri-valleyracin
but if u noteced they have some of the fastest dirtbikes, street bikes, not a quad yet but lets hope so.
there last but one of the best. and they have a street bike faster than the busa its the ZX-14.

I agree.. It seems like lately, Kawasaki has been letting everyone set the bar and then beating it. Is that so wrong? That is what drives competition and improvements. Look at the 600 and 1000cc SS classes over the last few years. Bigger stronger, faster just about ever year or two anymore.

I definately would not say Kawasaki is in last place just because they are the last to release a new bike.:huh

slamdak8782
01-19-2006, 03:38 PM
they dont even have a place. They havent released a sport quad in 14years, other than the v force if you want to count that big pile of crap. Well maybe by the time they invent time travel and we dont have gas anymore then we'll see a new quad from kawasaki. Kawi sux.

vincent#109
01-19-2006, 04:36 PM
I:huh i think that you don't know that kawasaki ATV'S are only a small part of KAWASAKI himself. this compagny makes boats, robots and ultra big machine. ATV's for kawasaki is just an hobies. how could you tell that kawasaki suck. you didnt know wath yourre talkin about

slamdak8782
01-20-2006, 08:10 AM
I think everyone here knows I was talking about atv wise. This isnt dirtbike riders or motorcycle riders. and what is it ATV riders and yes kawasucky sux :devil:

01-20-2006, 09:55 AM
they dont even have a place. They havent released a sport quad in 14years, other than the v force if you want to count that big pile of crap. Well maybe by the time they invent time travel and we dont have gas anymore then we'll see a new quad from kawasaki. Kawi sux.

lmao
:D

those are my thoughts exactly (on the V-force)
although, you should have added "steaming" to the description.
big steaming pile of crap. see there. much better. lol.

slamdak8782
01-20-2006, 04:41 PM
:D :D :D

prepracing
01-20-2006, 08:47 PM
the Kawai 450 dirtbike is bad*****...so I would really like to see that motor in a new quad desiqn. And have kawai put some contingency back into GNCC racing like they used to and like Honda has now. Also lookin forward to see what the big 450 zuki's do this year

01-21-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by force
All this kicks arse!!! It's so exciting to have all these different makes and models once again. No more swarms of 300 and 400 ex's!!! woohoo!!

I'd like to see a Husqvarna 450!!! lol.

Hell yeah! A husqvarna would be sick!

The Kawasaki bikes dominate at the races and i think their new quad will dominate as well.

Racing Rice
01-21-2006, 11:05 AM
I definately would not count Kawasaki out just yet. The company has changed a lot in the last 3 or 4 years. Now that Kawi and Suzuki has parted ways, we will see what kawasaki can really do in the sport quad market. I would save the bashing for the release.

Toadz400
01-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Racing Rice
I definately would not count Kawasaki out just yet. The company has changed a lot in the last 3 or 4 years. Now that Kawi and Suzuki has parted ways, we will see what kawasaki can really do in the sport quad market. I would save the bashing for the release.

They're only bashing it because they're afraid. We fear things in proportion to our ignorance of them.

FreeStylerEx
01-22-2006, 01:02 PM
my friend bought the 2006 kx450f..and its so amazing..i rode it and im not a dirtbike person..i just felt so comftorable on it. but i know for sure it kills a crf450

FreeStylerEx
01-22-2006, 01:03 PM
my friend bought the 2006 kx450f..and its so amazing..i rode it and im not a dirtbike person..i just felt so comftorable on it. but i know for sure it kills a crf450

01-23-2006, 10:03 AM
dude, we heard you the first time.

btw, i'm not afraid of a new kawasaki quad. i would really like to see one. i've never owned a kawasaki......but would consider it....if they manufactured one.

i was only agreeing with the V-force comment.
That thing truly is a pile.
at best, it's a prairie on steroids.
you can't be competitive on a v-force.

Racing Rice
01-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Just because the V-Force doesn't work for you doesn't mean it is a steaming pile. I know a guy that has a few banshees, a couple cannondales and a V-Force, along with a few utilities. He absolutely loves his V-Force. He does dirt drags in the stock class and rarely gets beat. It must do something right, for being a steaming pile. :rolleyes:

slamdak8782
01-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Are you even in the same dimension rice. What could the v force possibly do right except fill somones penis envy. That quad is a disgrace. It is a harley four wheeler. It is a gimmick giant master of nothing other than looking big and retarded. Since we are making atvs bigger and bigger what is the point, might as well drive a ford bronco to a cra race and enter it in the open class.

Racing Rice
01-24-2006, 07:47 AM
I'm sorry that you are to narrow minded to understand that some people find great pleasure in riding such a machine. Who cares if your riding a 500 lb Sport Ute Hybrid, or a 300 lb race quad. Aslong as you enjoy riding it that is all that should matter. If you don't like it, then don't buy it. You are entitled to your own opinion, and that's fine. However, I don't understand why you insist on bashing something just because it doesn't fit your riding style, or choice of an ATV. :macho

01-24-2006, 09:49 AM
you made some good points, rice.

but, slamdak8782, OMG.
ford bronco? lmao. that was hilarious.
;)

OKTRX450R
01-24-2006, 10:17 AM
We have a VForce and I would say it is very far from a steaming pile...very nice for what it was designed to do.

With your thought process you could basically consider the 400EX a steaming pile...what is so great about it? The awesome arm ripping power? The incredibly plush suspension? Reverse? What about the Z400? Slamdak how old are you?

The 400EX is a great bike for what it is designed for...just like the KFX. After a hard day riding on my R there is nothing more comfortable then climbing on the V to put around. Also with the automatic tranny almost anyone can ride it. We carry it mostly for friends that do not own quads and meet us at the dunes...

Racing Rice
01-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Its nice to have more people on this site that can see past the color red.:D

OK.. Definately keep us posted on that R450 when you get it!!!:macho

slamdak8782
01-24-2006, 11:46 AM
Ok first of all I love how you guys change the subject to make it fit your agenda. If I wasnt mistaken we were talking about racing quads. The point was kawasaki hasnt made a race quad of their own design for over a decade. Also the fact that they wait too long to introduce anything in the sport ATV market. Again sport atv market for those who like to generalize. If your cup of tea is putting around, yea Im glad for you but we were talking about kawasaki as far as sport quads go. My age is 23 years old what is yours OKTRX450R. What does age have to do with it anyways. I have seen a few younger guys on here a lot more intelligent than some of the older guys who are narrow minded and think they are wiser because they are older. I guess the older you get the smarter you get huh? Well not always and I am really getting tired of people pulling the age card anytime they dont agree with someone on here. Ok Im glad you are old as dirt but that doesn't make you automatically right. Anyways back to the v force I still think it is a gimmick quad for harley riding old guys like you OKTRX450R who need something to identify with like a v twin or a giant quad to compensate and think themselves better than everyone else. Same old story my stuff is bigger and so called better:rolleyes: Oh and I cant see past the color red? Ok I prefer red you yourself have a 450 so what does that have to do with anything. I would love to have a z400 or a yfz450 over my 400 anyday. My R is sweet and I would never trade up unless it was for a gasgas or a newer R. Anyways my point is I am open minded I like all brands of quads and if Kawasaki came out with a real sport atv that would be awesome unfortunately they seem to have their thumb up their ***. And they have remained that way for over a decade that is the point.

OKTRX450R
01-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Apparently my mistake...I thought you were also talking about the Vforce being a big pile and Kawi inventing time travel? Your posts I am just reading them.

I did not change the subject to meet my agenda, you posted what you did and I posted what I did.

Do you ever wonder why people are asking you your age?

I wanted to know your age so I could try and understand your point of view and blanket statements. I am 34 by the way, I don't think quite as old as you are making me out to be.

So I need a Vforce to comensate and to think I am better then everyone else??? How would owning any ATV produced or any material possesion make be better then anyone else?

What do I have to be automatically right about? I stated the Vforce was very nice for what it was designed to do. When we purchased the V it was for my wife whom was new to quads. She tried a Raptor and did not like it, then the V. She really liked the V and its ability to get around in the dunes while not having to worry about shifting and what gear she needed to be in. It provided her the ability to learn to ride first, then worry about shifting and gear selection later. I also stated it was great for friends without quad experience to ride when they go camping with us. Very friendly machine, easy to ride, and makes plenty of torque for lugging around and overcoming inexperience.

The LT-R450 on order is my wife's new quad.

We also have 3 small children and the V is much easier to ride when taking them out and having them follow along. A lot of starting and stopping.

Like a said, a nice quad for what it was designed for.

So do you have a 400 or a 450R or both? My 450R is black...obviously from the quads we own I am not too brand specific. I decide on the use, who it is for, and then look at all available options.

I believe you are the one turning each post into personal attacks instead of being open minded and discussing the quads...

Racing Rice
01-24-2006, 12:25 PM
Slam,
You seem to be missing the whole business side of ATVs though. You keep saying Kawasaki hasn't come out with anything worth-while. Why should they when they had a partnership with Suzuki? They probably saved a fortune by rebadging and selling the KFX400. The LTZ was a great quad, Kawasaki had a partnership... Why not profit from it too. It is business and economics. It takes a lot of money of R&D to build and produce new machines. We are talking years worth of work. When Kawasaki decides to bring the new sport quad to the public it will probably be worth it, but for now we will just have to wait and see.

As for the whole topic.. You say we are was about Racing quads, yet you keep bringing up the VForce and it being such a heavy, useless, steaming pile. I personally don't classify the VForce as a "Race Quad" but rather a Sport Utility quad. It is for those people that want more sport and less utility. Which a lot of people can appreciate. Not everyone wants to jump the highest and be the fastest. Though, I still don't know why you think the VForce is that slow. It has plenty of get up and go to it.

I'm done with this topic. You will feel how you feel no matter what. The only thing I can say about the new Kawasaki is lets wait and see what happens. If the new Sport ATV flops, laugh all you want. If it is the next biggest thing since sliced bread you can jump on the Kawasaki bandwagon just like thousands of other people will if it is worthy enough. :macho

hasbeenttduner
01-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Slam
Did you just say upgrade from a 450r to a gas gas?

slamdak8782
01-25-2006, 07:54 AM
no 250r to gas gas 300

Well I guess the vforce has a place I wasnt trying to argue that fact. Just the fact that this thread is called kfx 450. Ok lets argue about prairies now or maybe about mojaves in the kfx 450 thread. Im getting frustrated because you want to bring up the vforce as your argument for Kawasaki having a race presence. Then turning it around so now it is an argument about vforce being a good trail machine or putting around play toy. You are entitled to your vforce prairie or whatever. From a racing quad viewpoint which is why this argument started in the first place the vforce is not a good one. Ok for playing around ya its great but that is so far from what this conversation is about. Again for the third time Kawasaki has not released a race quad since the Tecate. Honda released the 400ex in 99 that leaves going on 7 years for kawasaki to come up with something. And yes it takes years to build power plants and such. However all that kawasaki has to do is dump their 450 into a 250r based chassis. Package it and sell it . Why havent they yet. Where was kawasaki since 1992? For this reason I dont like kawasaki. I think they have immense power and influence they could add to the sport I just feel that they pretty much turned their back on us so thats why I say they suck. Ok when I first spoke of the vforce there are a few reasons I think it is a bit rediculous as a quad. It is enormous. Too big for riding around. Dangerous because of its weight yet it is fast. So it is big fast and unstable. Not a good combination. Personally I can see it rolling over top of me which is what i saw the first time I looked at it . I remember thinking what the hell were the engineers thinking? They wasted years of time and R and D on this pos. Why not make a sweet race quad. Im glad your wife and three kids like your v force but really what does that have to do with this topic? I love lamp. ?????? What is your point?

01-25-2006, 10:01 AM
everyone has made good points here. but slam is right, this thread isn't about who makes the best sport utility. the v-force never belonged in this discussion from the start.

Toadz400
01-25-2006, 10:56 AM
everyone has made good points here. but slam is right, this thread isn't about who makes the best sport utility. the v-force never belonged in this discussion from the start.

The funny part is that slam is the one who brought up the V-Force.

OKTRX450R
01-25-2006, 12:30 PM
The funny part is that slam is the one who brought up the V-Force.

Can I get an Amen?

I am glad you do not like the Vforce and you think it is a pile but what does that have to do with this topic? You brought it up!

I would say check the specs a little closer also:
VForce
Overall length: 78.1 in.
Overall width: 47.0 in.
Overall height: 46.1 in.
Seat height: 33.5 in.
Wheelbase: 50.6 in.
Dry weight: 516 lbs

Honda 450R
Length 73.3 inches
Width 46.3 inches
Height 43.3 inches
Wheelbase 50.2 inches
Seat Height 32.8 inches
Ground Clearance 4.4 inches
Dry Weight 363.0 pounds

Hmm, overall longer then the R, longer wheelbase, wider, seat height is less then 1" taller and the weight difference is 153 lbs. Not quite the death trap as you have described and much less power then the R.

Now, if you want to talk about Kawi not making a race quad then fine...leave time travel, lamps, Prairies, Mojaves, gas gas, Harley riders, Ford Broncos, penis envy, and the V out of it? All of which you have commented on and then complained because you believe others to be altering the thread.

slamdak8782
01-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Ok i didnt bring it up deal did but I did contradict myself. At the time I was arguing in favor of kawasaki hmmm. Well I guess I'm busted but after thinking it over I still dont like the v force. I like to shift and I still think it is heavy and dangerous and rather tippy. At over 500 pounds. Im done fighting with yall. Peace

slamdak8782
01-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Oh and kawasaki sux:D :D :D

OKTRX450R
01-25-2006, 07:14 PM
No...don't stop now! I have been bored to tears on the forums lately and no riding for a month or so...I just keep checking back with anticipation for your reply to continue our chess game.

Ahh...all good things must come to and end...Peace. Let's start another topic!:macho

I think the LT-R will smoke your R because the EFI is going to add at least 10HP!

Hmm, that's no good...total BS!

Allright agree to disagree.

hasbeenttduner
01-26-2006, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by hasbeenttduner
Slam
Did you just say upgrade from a 450r to a gas gas?
Slam Is this true?

01-26-2006, 09:59 AM
slam, the v-force broke you down.
:(

slamdak8782
01-26-2006, 10:06 AM
I meant upgrade from my 250r to the Gas Gas 300

Well I really like the looks of the new Lt-r kinda wish that honda would offer a 450 for MX with better shocks maybe and EFI.

slamdak8782
01-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Yep Force looks like Im done for now lol. busted! oh well I still had fun

QUADROOKIE
01-29-2006, 10:11 AM
I suggest you all get your hands on a copy of any of this past years GNCC vids and watch if you think the V-force is not a capable race machine.......

And sorry for starting this back up again!:devil:

slamdak8782
01-29-2006, 12:48 PM
oh brother

DezSled
02-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Doug Roll Design & Development Kawasaki KXF-250
'88 Baja 1000
Doug Roll DRD&D (before Roll Design)
Allen Fox
Back when Kawasaki supported ATV racing 2 strokes

badvox
02-04-2006, 11:01 PM

From what I was told by a kawi r&d guy it is over over

readybeartoe
02-05-2006, 06:58 AM
I bet the Japaneese are laughing their *****s off at ya'll arguing over who's better! And they already know exactly what they are going to to put out next, TO GET YOU TO SELL THE QUAD you own now, for less than 1/2 of what you paid for it just a year or two ago, just so you can run out and get the the "NEXT BEST THING", or what they want you to think is the "next best thing". You know they will bring out something just a little bit better in a few months after enough Suzukis LT450R's sell. HAH ha!
I'm thinking a suprize in mid summer with a completely new Kawasaki 450 that might use independant rear end like the Polaris . OR!. Maybe something like what Ford did with the New Mustang where they brought back the "blast from the past" to sucker the market a 2-stroke. If it IZ a 4-stoke, Kawasaki could call it the "Tecate 4F" or the "Tecate FI450F"and it will rekindle the flame in the Kawasaki fans.
We already know that FI will be on the Honda and Yamaha soon enough, So. Mr. Honda, Mr. Kawasaki, Mr. Yamaha, and especially Mr. Suzuki thanks you for now :chinese:

Long Live The 250R!!! BONZIEEE:p and No I haven't joined the 4-stroke banned wagon yet! When I die they'll just have me stuffed and mounted on my 250R with all my gear on.:blah:

sammy5x
02-05-2006, 06:55 PM
I like this guy ^ lol

Ryanwolfe911
02-06-2006, 10:21 AM
I still want to know if Kawi is gonna build a 450. My guys at the local dealership claim to not know anything, but I can tell they are lying. That's the one thing holding me back from buying Kawasaki. they don't have a sport quad of their own. Be it a 300 or 400 or whatever. I 've had numerous Kawi dirtbikes over the years, and I always wondered why they won't build a soprt quad.

Ride1Rob
02-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by readybeartoe
I bet the Japaneese are laughing their *****s off at ya'll arguing over who's better! And they already know exactly what they are going to to put out next, TO GET YOU TO SELL THE QUAD you own now, for less than 1/2 of what you paid for it just a year or two ago, just so you can run out and get the the "NEXT BEST THING", or what they want you to think is the "next best thing". You know they will bring out something just a little bit better in a few months after enough Suzukis LT450R's sell. HAH ha!
I'm thinking a suprize in mid summer with a completely new Kawasaki 450 that might use independant rear end like the Polaris . OR!. Maybe something like what Ford did with the New Mustang where they brought back the "blast from the past" to sucker the market a 2-stroke. If it IZ a 4-stoke, Kawasaki could call it the "Tecate 4F" or the "Tecate FI450F"and it will rekindle the flame in the Kawasaki fans.
We already know that FI will be on the Honda and Yamaha soon enough, So. Mr. Honda, Mr. Kawasaki, Mr. Yamaha, and especially Mr. Suzuki thanks you for now :chinese:

Long Live The 250R!!! BONZIEEE:p and No I haven't joined the 4-stroke banned wagon yet! When I die they'll just have me stuffed and mounted on my 250R with all my gear on.:blah:

That's good that your loyal to your bike and to Honda. I don't care what Honda, Kawasaki, or Suzuki come out with. I'm staying on my YFZ. Even when they changed the bike this year I had no desire what so ever to get rid of my 04.

But what you are missing out on is Technology. The bike your riding was a great bikeduring it's time . Probably the best of all time b/c of how good it was for so long. But the 250R is a thing of the past. B/f it was hard to find a 4 stroke that was capable of doing the things they are now. More power, more reliable, less maintnance, etc... Stay in the 2stroke realm if you may, but you are missing out! Not us who have decided to "Upgrade" for something better. You either change w/ the times, or you get left behind :macho

And Kawasaki has and always will suck. I'm suprised their still in business :o

chaz450racer
02-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
And the 250r was 1000 times better than anything out there until a few years ago.
And the raptor 660 .. just a mess, its pretty bad when you "update" a quad you have to completely redesign it to get rid of its flaws.

you guys are just spewing at the keyboards with all this non-sence about nothing............c'mon already...........we all know the Kymco Mongoose 300 would spank any of these above mentioned quads on the race track :D . Anyway, I am a rider/racer that looks forward to all new things in the quad market, good or bad........everyone learns from these inovations.........who would have thought that 4 strokes would be dominating and that we would be seeing EFI on atv's??? I ride the YFZ and have to argue with the previous statement that only honda's have good handling.........c'mon, have you been paying attention at all? I actually think that before the new LT-R 450, the YFZ had the best out of the box handling package out there, its wide, low and light.......the 450r's pushed like a dump truck untill they fixed the front end geometry. And as far as Yamaha having to do a complete re-design to "update" the raptor..........are you on crack, what person complains about a company going back to the drawing board and making something way better than its predecesor? Imagine where we would be if people just took the old and updated it here and there to get by, would we still be flying around in prop planes with a few improvements, maybe steam cars with xm radio??? Oh yeah, MR predator........you can still have your cake and eat it to because if Dinli does come out with that new quad, guess who will be building their motors???? .........yeah, you guessed it.......fuji!!

readybeartoe
02-07-2006, 12:00 AM
That's good that your loyal to your bike and to Honda. I don't care what Honda, Kawasaki, or Suzuki come out with. I'm staying on my YFZ. Even when they changed the bike this year I had no desire what so ever to get rid of my 04.

But what you are missing out on is Technology. The bike your riding was a great bikeduring it's time . Probably the best of all time b/c of how good it was for so long. But the 250R is a thing of the past. B/f it was hard to find a 4 stroke that was capable of doing the things they are now. More power, more reliable, less maintnance, etc... Stay in the 2stroke realm if you may, but you are missing out! Not us who have decided to "Upgrade" for something better. You either change w/ the times, or you get left behind :macho

And Kawasaki has and always will suck. I'm suprised their still in business :o

You gotta be kidding me about the reliablility of the 4-stokes!... Aren't you?... Good God! Have you pushed your 450 REALLY HARD and not had any probablems? Things start comming unglued, Right? Especially after being built up, the 4-strokes can't even start after stalling if it's HOT! And When they do start ,you have to play catch up like a ma uh facker! That is If the race isn't over yet.
Less maintnace? I think 20 hours is all you get out of your motor also. True, you don't have to Mix your gas. whatever. That's no big deal for me.
True it doesn't take as much effort to win on the 450's but what have you done then. Just beat a bunch of guys just like you. Lazy! I'd love to see your face when you get beat buy a guy that really knows how to ride a 250r. And so would everyone else! It's the under dog. And it's still 75lbs lighter! ...Wanna Race?:muscle:

Ryanwolfe911
02-07-2006, 05:38 AM
You guys are all ignorant RETARDS! No one quad is any better than the other. There's just different designs and opinions. Now GET OVER IT.

Ride1Rob
02-07-2006, 06:25 AM
You gotta be kidding me about the reliablility of the 4-stokes!... Aren't you?... Good God! Have you pushed your 450 REALLY HARD and not had any probablems? Things start comming unglued, Right? Especially after being built up, the 4-strokes can't even start after stalling if it's HOT! And When they do start ,you have to play catch up like a ma uh facker! That is If the race isn't over yet.
Less maintnace? I think 20 hours is all you get out of your motor also. True, you don't have to Mix your gas. whatever. That's no big deal for me.
True it doesn't take as much effort to win on the 450's but what have you done then. Just beat a bunch of guys just like you. Lazy! I'd love to see your face when you get beat buy a guy that really knows how to ride a 250r. And so would everyone else! It's the under dog. And it's still 75lbs lighter! ...Wanna Race?:muscle:

NO! I'm not kidding you. I've had my YFZ for 2 yrs now and the only problem I've had was the wiring harness. And yes... I ride my bike pretty hard. I've gone through 2 GYTR pipes, Stock arms (upper and lower), 2 stock axles (thanx to motocross), Cracked my rear swingarm (MX again), etc... I put all that aftermarket stuff on my bike b/c the stock stuff was tearing up and I was riding above my stock shocks (Bottoming out on MX).

I often go up to Ocala National Forrest, Ride MX (5 tracks w/in 30 mins of my home), and Race TT. The only maintnance besides chaning my oil and filter was checking and re-adjusting my valves. I did that after a year of having my bike. Alot of 2 strokes that have ridden w/ us in the forrest have run hot during the ride. Either that, or we're constantly have to stop so their bikes won't overheat. Not saying all, but the majority.

On the TT track... Have a friend that has a 250R w/ a 380 kit in it... Every 2 to 3 races his motor goes KABOOM! Doesn't bother him much b/c his dad builds motors. Another guy out there has a 310 kit in his 250R which makes it more reliable... but he can't keep up. It doesn't take much modification of a 4 stroke bike like it does for the 2 strokes bc they are so torquey. Look at what people are racing. They're ditching those 250R's for a reason.:blah:

Both you and Kawaski are in the same boat. KEEP BRINGING UP THE REAR (LOL)

Toadz400
02-07-2006, 09:53 AM

I often go up to Ocala National Forrest, Ride MX (5 tracks w/in 30 mins of my home), and Race TT. The only maintnance besides chaning my oil and filter was checking and re-adjusting my valves. I did that after a year of having my bike. Alot of 2 strokes that have ridden w/ us in the forrest have run hot during the ride. Either that, or we're constantly have to stop so their bikes won't overheat. Not saying all, but the majority.

On the TT track... Have a friend that has a 250R w/ a 380 kit in it... Every 2 to 3 races his motor goes KABOOM! Doesn't bother him much b/c his dad builds motors. Another guy out there has a 310 kit in his 250R which makes it more reliable... but he can't keep up. It doesn't take much modification of a 4 stroke bike like it does for the 2 strokes bc they are so torquey. Look at what people are racing. They're ditching those 250R's for a reason.:blah:
[/COLOR]

Obviously something is wrong with their quads if they are overheating like that, there is no excuse if the machine is maintained properly and everything is in order for it to overheat like that. My Banshee never had a problem being run hard and long, no overheating problems there.

And your friend with his 380R that keeps blowing up. Obviously his dad needs to learn how to build engines, or your friend needs to know how to ride an engine. Or maybe both, because that shouldn't be happening, I don't care what you say. The 380 may be more unreliable because of the 130cc bore but obviously something is wrong with that picture.

And look at what people are racing? They are ditching the 250R for a reason. But do you know what that reason is? SPONSORSHIP. And also probably laziness, when they complain about having to mix their gas.:ermm:

XFK
02-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Mailand (Italy) dec.2005 Europe Dealer Show orange KFX450

http://www.bilder.about-gecko.de/kfx06.jpg

have fun

readybeartoe
02-08-2006, 01:19 AM
Well there you go! I guess this answers the question that started this thread. I wish I could read Italian! it looks just like the Suzuki. So when will we see it hit the states?

ToadZ400 Hit the nail on the head. Sponorship and EPA.

Looking at the New Suzuki IT IS AN AMAZING MACHINE! Got to love the price tag too. But Honestly it's going to need aftermarket parts. And that "my friend" will start ADDING UP!$$$ And those parts are going to be alot more expensive than they use to be. The "aftermarket" has to make up the money somewhere! So when they say "Race Ready", they meen "Race Ready for Ride1Rob".

:blah:

Oh Yeah! Rob, You still haven't answered my question.....Wanna Race?:bandit:

Ride1Rob
02-08-2006, 05:11 AM
Well there you go! I guess this answers the question that started this thread. I wish I could read Italian! it looks just like the Suzuki. So when will we see it hit the states?

ToadZ400 Hit the nail on the head. Sponorship and EPA.

Looking at the New Suzuki IT IS AN AMAZING MACHINE! Got to love the price tag too. But Honestly it's going to need aftermarket parts. And that "my friend" will start ADDING UP!$$$ And those parts are going to be alot more expensive than they use to be. The "aftermarket" has to make up the money somewhere! So when they say "Race Ready", they meen "Race Ready for Ride1Rob".

:blah:

Oh Yeah! Rob, You still haven't answered my question.....Wanna Race?:bandit:

I'd love to leave you and that ancient R in the dust :macho . Your motor probably wouldn't last though (lol)

Ryanwolfe911
02-08-2006, 05:37 AM
All that thing looks like is an LTR 450 with Kawasaki stickers on it.

02-08-2006, 07:37 AM
That is an LTR with Kaw decals.

quadmaster88
02-08-2006, 08:41 AM
what do you think they did with the 400s? just put kfx stickers on it...

02-08-2006, 09:48 AM
looks like kawisucki and slowzuki are still joined at the hip.

Racing Rice
02-08-2006, 11:04 AM
looks like kawisucki and slowzuki are still joined at the hip.

I'll believe it when I see it on the show room floors.

According to Transworld and a few other sources (the same release article), KHI and SMC are still partners, and the KFX400 will still be produced for the 2007 Model year.

http://www.allbusiness.com/periodicals/article/454502-1.html
http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/news/article/0,13190,1066420,00.html

I have a feeling it will probably atleast 2008 model year before we see anything from Kawasaki. Though, I could be wrong.

troutman561
02-09-2006, 09:32 PM

Less maintnace? I think 20 hours is all you get out of your motor also.

are u kidding me, 20 hours out of a 4stroke motor b4 rebuild??!?!?!.. are u smoking crack or just plain stupid and ignorant

slamdak8782
02-09-2006, 11:06 PM
My point proved once again kawasucky being gay and not building their own stuff. :rolleyes:

readybeartoe
02-10-2006, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by troutman561
are u kidding me, 20 hours out of a 4stroke motor b4 rebuild??!?!?!.. are u smoking crack or just plain stupid and ignorant

I'm stupid and ignorant but;

I'm talking about REAL RACING! Not just puttn around! unless you're just sight seeing. I would have said 30 hrs but it depends on how hard you're pushing your motor. But I always like to be safe than sorry. So 20hours= 1 season of Hard racing.

Good luck when you get your cylinder renicked too. If you haven't done it yet you'll find out what I mean. But Hey! What you can't see can't hurt you. Right? Just push it as hard as you can as long as you can until you ruin your cylinder :uhoh:

Got a practice bike?
:huh

Oh, before you say something about the Pro's. They rebuild after every race if they don't get a new motor. So! They can push as hard as the want at each race! :devil:

Ride1Rob
02-10-2006, 07:10 AM

I'm talking about REAL RACING! Not just puttn around! unless you're just sight seeing. I would have said 30 hrs but it depends on how hard you're pushing your motor. But I always like to be safe than sorry. So 20hours= 1 season of Hard racing.

Good luck when you get your cylinder renicked too. If you haven't done it yet you'll find out what I mean. But Hey! What you can't see can't hurt you. Right? Just push it as hard as you can as long as you can until you ruin your cylinder :uhoh:

Got a practice bike?

Oh, before you say something about the Pro's. They rebuild after every race if they don't get a new motor. So! They can push as hard as the want at each race! :devil:

As I was saying, you will get way more than 20hrs out of a 4 stroke motor whether it's racing or not. There's a guy that I know who races Florida MX series, DadeCity Series, and races a few local tracks as well. He's been doing that for 2yrs (Got 1st batch of YFZ's that came out) and hasn't had any problems. I raced TT all last season and race now, also do SpeedRides in the Ocala National Forrest (4-5 hours each time). It's not an official race, but if anyone here has ever been on one they'll tell you it's not anything close to putting around.

As far as the pros are concerned... Of course they rebuild those motors after every race. Another guy that rides w/ me often bought 2 of Doug Gusts LTZ450's from last season. His son races one and his wife got the other just to ride on. On the bike his son races the motor just went. He hasn't had those bikes but 4 months tops. I know on motors w/ those Major hops ups reliability is an issue.

troutman561
02-13-2006, 09:43 PM

Got a practice bike?

no i dont race... but u didnt specify race bike, and its understandable u would rebuild each race if ur a pro cause there motors are worked to crazy levels... but a normal few mod rec bike doesnt ave to be rebuilt every 20 hrs...

jtsurfer
02-20-2006, 06:53 PM
Hey does anybody have any info on a KFX450? Will it be a rebadged QuadRacer like the photo shows? I want to know if i should go buy a LT-R450 or should i wait for a lime green one:D

Racing Rice
02-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by jtsurfer
Hey does anybody have any info on a KFX450? Will it be a rebadged QuadRacer like the photo shows? I want to know if i should go buy a LT-R450 or should i wait for a lime green one:D

I take it you didn't bother reading the 10 pages of blabber that happened before your post, did you? :devious: :D

hondardr4life
02-21-2006, 05:18 PM
Wellllllll, since everyone is dissing the 250r, I think I'll give my input. These old 2 strokes that all you people call ""outdated"", have just as much motor as your new 4 strokes. I read that with the pipe, cherry bomb, no lid, little stuff like that, is putting out around 44 hp. Granted thats impressive, but with the Hetricks national kit (what I have in my motor) the 250r is putting out 48hp. And thats only on a 265 bore. Whoever said their yfz with pipe and cam is outrunning a 310r, that guys motor must have been built by Hellen Keller. I'm not saying one quad is better than the other, but IMO, these new 450's (especially the ltr) are huge jumbled messes of wire, and don't have as much power as the money you spend on them. Thats just my opinion though, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion... ANyways, back on topic, when is this Kawasucki 450 supposed to show up?

jtsurfer
02-21-2006, 07:45 PM
I take it you didn't bother reading the 10 pages of blabber that happened before your post, did you?

Hey Racing Rice i did read the pages before i posted. But we are all basically guessing as to what we think is going to happen. In my opinion i don't think the picture of the rebaged KFX is photoshoped. Why wouldn't Suzuki do this and sell Kawie QuadRacers and improve there bottom line? I think the new QuadRacer is going to be another LTZ400 project. I hope i'm wrong cause it would be great to see Kawie release there own machine. But if you look at the specs on the RM-Z450 and the KX450F they are very similar. Bore and stroke are different for different power styles. Just my 2 cents

trx400exxracer
02-21-2006, 07:51 PM
Hey Racing Rice i did read the pages before i posted. But we are all basically guessing as to what we think is going to happen. In my opinion i don't think the picture of the rebaged KFX is photoshoped. Why wouldn't Suzuki do this and sell Kawie QuadRacers and improve there bottom line? I think the new QuadRacer is going to be another LTZ400 project. I hope i'm wrong cause it would be great to see Kawie release there own machine. But if you look at the specs on the RM-Z450 and the KX450F they are very similar. Bore and stroke are different for different power styles. Just my 2 cents

Kawasaki is coming out with their own 450 quad it is no going to be a rebadged ltz

vincent#109
02-21-2006, 09:06 PM
The problem with the 2 strokes are that they are capricious and you have to mix your gas... but the real problem of a 2 strokes in MX racing is the lost of traction when the motor begin to rev-up like when you are getting out of a corner. or when you it rockers section the torque that you have on 4 stroke give to the motor the chance to rev when the rear wheels hit the ground again and again. but this is my opinion and if those old school bike (2stroke) are better why the pro's and amateur didnt race with these bikes ? you could answer yourself

Toadz400
02-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by vincent#109
The problem with the 2 strokes are that they are capricious and you have to mix your gas... but the real problem of a 2 strokes in MX racing is the lost of traction when the motor begin to rev-up like when you are getting out of a corner. or when you it rockers section the torque that you have on 4 stroke give to the motor the chance to rev when the rear wheels hit the ground again and again. but this is my opinion and if those old school bike (2stroke) are better why the pro's and amateur didnt race with these bikes ? you could answer yourself

Loss of traction is due to too much power, which is something I wouldn't be making fun of a 2-stroke for. Sure it means the difference in times, but I would be glad to know that my 2-stroke would spank a 4-stroke anyday if it could ever get the insane power to the ground;) :p .

And as for the question about why everyone is riding 4-strokes? It's something that's been beaten to death, factory support! That's what it's all about, and as for the amateurs...too lazy to mix their gas;) .

Racing Rice
02-22-2006, 05:54 AM
Hey Racing Rice i did read the pages before i posted.

Then you should have also read the articles that said SMC and KHI will not be sharing any more platforms after 2007. We've gone over this a million times. The partnership still exists, but they are no longer doing joint projects of OEM parts. Rather, they will be sharing parts from an indirect source. Which means, the Kawasaki may have similar parts that the R450 has, but it shouldn't be the same quad.

Suzuki has will be building thier own dirtbikes now, and Kawasaki will have to build thier own quads.

Only time will tell what really happens. I hope Kawasaki steps up to the plate, and builds a quality ATV that can compete with the rest of the 450s.

TampaBoy813
02-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by troutman561
are u kidding me, 20 hours out of a 4stroke motor b4 rebuild??!?!?!.. are u smoking crack or just plain stupid and ignorant I was told the same thing from the yamaha rep when they sent him down to fix my YFZ....20hr..then rebuild!...I was thinking he was crazy my self...but comming from the guy who rides all over the US to fix stuff that the delers cant...i'ma out my money on him 100%

LTRracermx_00
02-25-2006, 09:24 PM
correct me if im wrong but personaly ive never seen red shocks on a kawasaki

02-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
Wellllllll, since everyone is dissing the 250r, I think I'll give my input. These old 2 strokes that all you people call ""outdated"", have just as much motor as your new 4 strokes. I read that with the pipe, cherry bomb, no lid, little stuff like that, is putting out around 44 hp. Granted thats impressive, but with the Hetricks national kit (what I have in my motor) the 250r is putting out 48hp. And thats only on a 265 bore. Whoever said their yfz with pipe and cam is outrunning a 310r, that guys motor must have been built by Hellen Keller. I'm not saying one quad is better than the other, but IMO, these new 450's (especially the ltr) are huge jumbled messes of wire, and don't have as much power as the money you spend on them. Thats just my opinion though, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion... ANyways, back on topic, when is this Kawasucki 450 supposed to show up?

^doesnt know wtf hes talking about

Its 48 hp with a 38mm carb that u dont have :rolleyes: And when was ur quad on the dyno anyway?

Grcman
03-04-2006, 05:49 PM
They may but it won't be like the lt-r. suzukis keepin that to them selfs

jtsurfer
03-28-2006, 05:07 PM
Anybody heard any more rumors on when and if we will see a KFX450?;)