PDA

View Full Version : New coil

TheFontMaster
10-06-2005, 08:01 PM
I know I will be needing a new coil soon, because I have a wire that has had the outer part wore away, and the bare metal is showing, I just covered it up with some electrical tape for now, but what are my options for coils. What is there out there other than stock.

Jester
10-07-2005, 05:02 AM
I just went that route, janssen super coil. they are on ebay sometimes.

TheFontMaster
10-07-2005, 11:16 AM
What are the advantages of some of the aftermarket coils, and how much more would they run me than a stocker?

twisted threads
10-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
What are the advantages of some of the aftermarket coils, and how much more would they run me than a stocker?

Im not sure how much better that a new stock coil they are but if your coil has never been changed then its probley do. I would look into the Jannsen coils.

TheFontMaster
10-07-2005, 07:21 PM
Well, when I was looking at the coil today while I was trying to hook in the kill switch, I noticed a little Janssen sticker on the side of the coil, I just wanna know if this really is a Janssen coil, or if it's just a stocker desquised as a Janssen. Cause the burgard a arms that I bought I thought were LSR cause they had the lonestar stickers on them, and the guy I got them from thought they were LSR's too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/fonty/Picture270.jpg

XCredrider
10-07-2005, 10:33 PM
that is not the same as mine and im pretty sure i have a stocler. mine is about 1/2 or 1/3 the lenght of that one. that looks like aftermarket.

TheFontMaster
10-07-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by XCredrider
that is not the same as mine and im pretty sure i have a stocler. mine is about 1/2 or 1/3 the lenght of that one. that looks like aftermarket.

Ok thanks,

And while we are on the topic who else makes coils for the 250r, Could I go with a cr250 coil, I read alot about people using while cr250 wireing harnesses.

ESR350r
10-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Go with NOLOGY, they have coils and plug wires that create an awsome spark compared to stock. Go to their website and check it out. I put one on mine and it works great. I had a local dealer get ine for me but some have no clue what they are. They sell these for all types of vehicles so it is not just limited to ATVs.

Site http://nology.com/hot.html

xlr810
10-10-2005, 03:40 PM
The coil in your pic is a Janssen.

You may notice a weaker spark if you go back to a stock coil. However it is something like $18 compared to $100, and the stocker mounts cleaner.

Jester
10-10-2005, 04:38 PM
ya, a new service honda coil is like 70+ and the janssen is 80+shipping... on ebay for 66$