PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Asap

bad01300ex
10-06-2005, 03:54 PM
im takin off my stock a arms (YFZ) and i cant get the upper a arm bolts out how do i do there stuck....................?????

bad01300ex
10-06-2005, 04:12 PM
bump come on im stuck i need to do it right now!!!!!!!!!!

standardryder
10-06-2005, 04:28 PM
which side are you trying to loosen? if your turning the bolt it will come out alot harder. loosen the nut.

bad01300ex
10-06-2005, 04:35 PM
the nut is off and the bolt is still stuck in the upper a arms, it wont slide out, and i cant tap it the frame is in te way

HondaRacer300ex
10-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Try drenching the spot with wd-40 and then lightly tap it with a wrench or something and gradually tap harder, and put a rag over the head and clamp with pliers. Respond back if that doesn't work.:)

400exrules
10-06-2005, 06:29 PM
i have a similar problem somewhat..........my front tires are stuck on the hubs:huh

im not kiddin, i got some razr2's on doubglas red labels a few months back, and i tried to take them off a couple weeks ago to put my stockers back on for somethin, and i cant get them the f*ck off!!!!!!!:mad: of course i took the lug nuts off, but i soaked the lugs with wd-40 several times and kicked as hard as i could without breaking anything, and the tires/rims will not budge off of the hub. Wtf should i do??? Someone told me those aluminum rims will like, bend into the hubs and get stuck very often like this.....

EDIT: what should i put on the lugs when i swap tires, so this doesnt happen?

10-06-2005, 06:31 PM
tap on it with anything and wiggle the arm up and down while to pull on it with some pliers...may have to have someone help you. when you reassemble put grease on the bolts

prepracing
10-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
i have a similar problem somewhat..........my front tires are stuck on the hubs:huh

im not kiddin, i got some razr2's on doubglas red labels a few months back, and i tried to take them off a couple weeks ago to put my stockers back on for somethin, and i cant get them the f*ck off!!!!!!!:mad: of course i took the lug nuts off, but i soaked the lugs with wd-40 several times and kicked as hard as i could without breaking anything, and the tires/rims will not budge off of the hub. Wtf should i do??? Someone told me those aluminum rims will like, bend into the hubs and get stuck very often like this.....

EDIT: what should i put on the lugs when i swap tires, so this doesnt happen?

did you have your lugnuts on with the flat side against the wheel or did you have them with the tapered side against the wheel ( like they were from factory ) ? If you had the tapered side against the rim then that basically pinches the aluminum against the wheel studs and its going to take some serious beating and banging to get them off. If you don't want to bend the rims it would be best to try and drive the wheel studs out. On those style rims you have to run the flatside of the lugnut against the wheel, and lots of people even run flat washers between the nut and rim so the nut does not dig into the rim. Good luck

400exrules
10-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by prepracing
did you have your lugnuts on with the flat side against the wheel or did you have them with the tapered side against the wheel ( like they were from factory ) ? If you had the tapered side against the rim then that basically pinches the aluminum against the wheel studs and its going to take some serious beating and banging to get them off. If you don't want to bend the rims it would be best to try and drive the wheel studs out. On those style rims you have to run the flatside of the lugnut against the wheel, and lots of people even run flat washers between the nut and rim so the nut does not dig into the rim. Good luck

OMG!!!!!!!

I put them in with the taper side in, like they were on stock, and i was thinking that was the problem so after failing at getting the tires off, i just stuck the lug nuts back on with the flat part against the rim, cuz i was thinking that contributed to the problem, and my dad was acting like im a retard, and telling me that im puttin the lug nuts on backwards and stuff.

grrrrrrr, i knew i was right lol,

so how do i drive the wheel studs out then, what do u mean by that?

im scared to kick and bang on my tires cuz i fell like im gonna either
A - bend the rims
B - bend an a-arm or tie-rod or somethin
or C - knock the tire off the rim breakin the bead and having to get them re-mounted

prepracing
10-07-2005, 09:17 PM
the studs drive out simply by hitting the stud with a large hammer and they will drive thru to the back side of the hub, doing them one at a time. BUT if the wheels are stuck on that good you will be hitting the studs so hard that it will mostlikely damage the studs, like mushrooming the heads. You could try leaving the nut on the end of the studs and beating them but it still may damage them. Your really in a no win situation because your gonna mostlikely damage the studs or the rims. But I think the studs would be cheaper than the rims, then again being a honda you may want to check on that