PDA

View Full Version : keep the 04' or trade in for 06'?

450R_lover
10-06-2005, 01:46 PM
I have a 2004 450r and was wondering what you guys think would be the best thing to do. I want the new one because i feel like i could get more power out of it with less money. Ive got a HMF bb carbon pipe, k and n, hotcam stage 2, and jetted. If i keep my 04' i was gonna get a JE 13:1 piston thermal coated and port and polish the head. Also i wanted to sell my HMF and get the NMotion pipe. Do you think this would be a better choice than getting the 06' with the HRC kit and pipe or not?

Thanks alot...just want some opinions

chad502ex
10-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by 450R_lover
I have a 2004 450r and was wondering what you guys think would be the best thing to do. I want the new one because i feel like i could get more power out of it with less money. Ive got a HMF bb carbon pipe, k and n, hotcam stage 2, and jetted. If i keep my 04' i was gonna get a JE 13:1 piston thermal coated and port and polish the head. Also i wanted to sell my HMF and get the NMotion pipe. Do you think this would be a better choice than getting the 06' with the HRC kit and pipe or not?

Thanks alot...just want some opinions

Mod for mod the 04/05 will easily catch the 06 in power.

stock for stock the 06' is 6hp better than 04/05'.

stock the 06 head is slightly more efficient than the 04/05', but once they are both ported were talk'n equal performance.

hope this helps.