PDA

View Full Version : Bent Axle??????????

DaGrassman
10-06-2005, 08:45 AM
WE just bought a 2002 Rancher for the wife and I noticed when I move it around by hand the rear end goes up and down slightly. Would this be a sign of a bent axle or is it due to the aggresive tire pattern? We have always had two wheel drive quads so I am uncertain if this is normal or not. Thanks in advance for the responses.

Colby@C&DRacing
10-06-2005, 08:57 AM
if you have really aggressive mud tires it will do that but if they aren't to aggressive then you more than likley have a bent axle. Jack the rear end up and spin the tires and see if the tires go up and down.

DaGrassman
10-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the reply. The tires are stock. Once you get above 3-4 mph the shaking seems to stop. I put it up on blocks and was unable to tell if it was the axle or not. Any other suggestions? If the axle is slightly bent what will I tear up if I continue using it. Can I get it straightened? Approximate cost?

RIDER11X
10-15-2005, 08:54 PM
If it is bent, don't try to straighten the axle, they will never be right and will be weak.......Buy a OEM Honda replacement. Honda parts are relativly cheap, and you or your wife's safety is worth it. ;)