PDA

View Full Version : Which Handguards???

DeDo
06-14-2002, 02:19 PM
okay, I know this has been asked before but when I searched I did not really come up with anything so here goes:

2001 400EX - stock handlebars...

Which handguards work? Rocky Mountain ATV says there is only one option (some really ugly Maiers) but I see guys using other guards. I would prefer not to cut levers and such...

I really like any of the following:

Acerbis Rally II - claimed dirtbike only
Maier Extreme - same as above, dirtbikes only...

Which ones work and will fit without cutting/trimming/changing the way things are laid out on the bars now...

thanks

DeDo

ridered300
06-14-2002, 07:18 PM
I have the cycra pro series hand gaurds. They fit awesome and dont get in the way when your using the levers. They are a little more exspensive but its well worth it. They retail for 109 + shipping. I have a set in perfect condition I'll put them on your door step for 85. That'll save u about $35. Not bad considering they look brand new. Just let me know.

Mark
06-15-2002, 11:09 AM
CHECK OUT THE 2002 DENNIS KIRK CATALOG, THEY SHOW AN ATV ADAPTER KIT AVAILABLE FOR THE RALLY GUARDS. ALSO, CYCRA HAS AN ATV VERSION AVAILABLE IN THEIR PRO-SERIES LINE. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Mark
06-15-2002, 11:15 AM
CHECK OUT THE 2002 DENNIS KIRK CATALOG, THEY SHOW AN ATV ADAPTER KIT AVAILABLE FOR THE RALLY GUARDS. ALSO, CYCRA HAS AN ATV VERSION AVAILABLE IN THEIR PRO-SERIES LINE. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Tommy 17
06-15-2002, 12:16 PM
acerbis rally pro, renthal bars...