PDA

View Full Version : quick question, quick answer please

StuckInTheMud
10-05-2005, 06:08 PM
ok, i gotta replace my valves in my TRX450r and i am wondering if the valves out of the crf450r dirtbike will work, i would like to have titanium valves instead of stock cheap ones, thanks

10-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by StuckInTheMud
ok, i gotta replace my valves in my TRX450r and i am wondering if the valves out of the crf450r dirtbike will work, i would like to have titanium valves instead of stock cheap ones, thanks you will have to adjust the titanium valves alot more often. i would stick with the regular ones in there now. the crf's were known to have valves problems

StuckInTheMud
10-05-2005, 06:46 PM
ok, when they do a valve job at the dealership, all they do is change your shims right?

wvspeedfreak
10-05-2005, 07:03 PM
ok, when they do a valve job at the dealership, all they do is change your shims right?

A valve ADJUSTMENT is when they change the shims if needed.A valve JOB is removing the head,removing the valves and replacing or refacing the valves,seats,etc.

honda350r
10-05-2005, 08:39 PM
ok, i gotta replace my valves in my TRX450r and i am wondering if the valves out of the crf450r dirtbike will work, i would like to have titanium valves instead of stock cheap ones, thanks

The intake valvles from the CRF will go right in and is a small upgrade,the exhaust valves are 1mm larger and will require CRF valve guides to be used.. I have done both and have had no problem with the vavles going out of adjutment!!!

StuckInTheMud
10-05-2005, 09:45 PM
thanks for the much needed info, do you know of any place to get the CRF valves and the guides for a very reasonable price? will i have to change out my stock springs?? thanks agin:)

honda350r
10-05-2005, 10:18 PM
thanks for the much needed info, do you know of any place to get the CRF valves and the guides for a very reasonable price? will i have to change out my stock springs?? thanks agin:)

The springs will work but you need exhaust retainers and keepers and seals ..