PDA

View Full Version : new exhaust

One_Bad_400
06-14-2002, 11:42 AM
Hi, i'm new to this forum

i have an all stock '01 400ex and i am planning on purchasing a FMF titanium 4 and power bomb headers. i know i could install it myself, because i have the skills(i've been working on cars, dirtbikes, and gokarts since i was about 6) but i don't know anything about the jetting, or anything else i should change after installing the new exhaust. will someone please explain to me what all i have to do, and either how to do it, or direct me to a place that can tell me how to do it.

i could just get the shop to do it, but i'd rather do it myself, for two reasons: 1.) money, and 2.) i enjoy being my own mechanic and plus it would give me more knowledge about my machine

One_Bad_400
06-14-2002, 12:23 PM
the only other modifications i am thinking about are a K&N air filter, and chasis stuff, no other performance things in mind right now, cause where i ride i really don't need any more power(but it's always nice to have:D )

250xman
06-14-2002, 12:32 PM
hey, welcome to the site. when you get the pipe and filter it will tell you about the jetting. i would probably go up 3 sizes on the main jet and go un 1 size on the piolot jet. if you dont know what those are this might help. just go here. it explains it all. http://www.powroll.com/tech_specs_jetting101.htm