PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha finally fixed the Blaster

87Warrior
06-14-2002, 11:38 AM
Yeah, its real, they gave it a sweet front end and it now has triple hydrolic (SP?) disc brakes. it has a new headlight too almost looks like a 250ex. oh yeah and its $100 more than last year($3199)

own2424
06-14-2002, 11:44 AM
yea, those Disc Brakes are REALLY gonna help it. Too bad it still goes teh same speed. Ha

87Warrior
06-14-2002, 12:14 PM
and too bad that its still only like 2 feet long

06-14-2002, 12:53 PM
and too bad its still faster than 300ex's

Juggalo
06-14-2002, 02:09 PM
heres a pic

own2424
06-14-2002, 02:25 PM
the Nosepeice makes it look better. It gives the Blaster a more AERODYNAMIC look.

Guy400
06-14-2002, 03:16 PM
It looks better than the old Blaster but still is classifed as ugly in my book.

06-14-2002, 07:28 PM
to bad it is still an ugly piece of sh*t those things are so ugly always have been and always will be
killer

lil400exman
06-14-2002, 08:51 PM
is there any motor changes to it?:confused:

PhResTyL28
06-14-2002, 09:13 PM
i dont know what it is with you 300ex people. you all seem to hate blasters. maybe its just a feeling of jealousy that you get because a little stock blaster is faster than a stock 300ex? every 300ex person i know hates them. as for the motor, its the same. only difference is the light, nosepeice and brakes.

DEAL
06-14-2002, 09:18 PM
All they did in the front was put banshee spindles on it.

Rastus
06-14-2002, 09:34 PM
No, i dont think there're jealous.

They actually want a quad that will trail ride, and not get a real fast top speed.

wow, you could put 30 inch tires on a bayou, and the top speed would be faster , duh. But would it be economical,or fast getting there? H*ll no!

Id still rather get a 300EX than a blaster.Theres alot more things to do , and more fun getting there on a 300EX, than a blaster.

Plus, a 200 cc two-stroke isnt really a good match-up against a 300 four-stroke.
More like a 200 cc two stroke Vs. a 400cc four stroke. That would be alot better.

Let me get a 390 big bore kit for a 250X/300EX, and ill race you blaster peeps.....

06-14-2002, 09:45 PM
yeah, but a blaster acclerates fasyter and has a faster to speed, plus u can trail ride them

250xman
06-14-2002, 10:36 PM
yea just before you flip

bman's 02 300ex
06-14-2002, 11:16 PM
yeah blasters are quicker then my 300 . but i thay self destruct . you got to rebuild the motor about every month.

FOUR STROKES RULE!!!!!!!!

Rider#11
06-15-2002, 01:01 AM
ok am i going to have to start smokinging u guys with my bike? or what? u go exracer8601!!!

lil400exman
06-15-2002, 08:12 AM
just everyone get a 400ex problems and your problems are solved!:macho

kabd69667
06-15-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by '92 : 250X er
Let me get a 390 big bore kit for a 250X/300EX, and ill race you blaster peeps.....
Then lets get a 240 kit for the blaster, and it will still blow the 300ex or 250x away.

06-15-2002, 11:57 AM
new blaster looks :eek:

PhResTyL28
06-15-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by bman's 02 300ex
yeah blasters are quicker then my 300 . but i thay self destruct . you got to rebuild the motor about every month.

FOUR STROKES RULE!!!!!!!! well that the first time ive ever heard somebody say they need to be rebuilt everymonth. please if you dont know what your talking about...dont talk. i said faster, i also meant that blasters are quicker. i ride mine in trails all the time. one of my friends has a 300ex and im not gonna diss it. i know its a nice machine. im just simply stating a fact that blasters are quicker and faster. now they have hydros. if i had to pick between a new 300ex or blaster it would have been a 300ex. now that the blasters have hydros...problem solved. how much more is a 300ex? just think of this logicaly and dont get defensive. if you bought a 2003 blaster and upgraded it with money saved from a 300ex, it would be an insane machine. douglas .190 rims al around and 20"shots and it wilkl be handling nicely. add an extended axle...slides better than a 300ex. and its still cheaper. now u can go get your motor ported and polished and put a pipe on and it could hang with a 400ex. it depends on how heavy the porting job is. i dont think the few things i have said would add up to the price of a 300ex yet. but anyways...most of you see what im getting at. a blaster(2003) is more machine for what you pay. upgraded, there even nicer.

Rastus
06-15-2002, 04:22 PM
300EX's werent exactly made to be a racer....
Well, you blaster guys can get whatever you want, and say whatever you want, but 95 % rider, 5% bike.The 300EX wasnt made to blow your socks off, it was made to be a fun,little,sporty woods machine. Id say it covers those areas very well, and its very reliable.If i had to get a choice now to get a new blaster, or a 300EX, id still get the 300 b/c blasters are too short, too small, and dont handle worth a lick.I know im gonna get yelled at b/c some of you blaster guys still say they handle just as good.If your saying that, you've been hit in the head too many times, and have done too many endos...

Im sticking with my ride for alittle while longer, and maybe if honda gets their act together comes out witha nice quad with reverse.If they dont, i guess im going with the zuki 400Z.

Eventually, two-strokes will hardly be used. b/c they dont burn 25-30% of what there're emitting. Four-stroke technology is booming right now, and i think ill wait a bit to get a new quad.It would be nice if they would have new tech. for two-strokes, but their end is coming....

Yeah, blasters are fun little quads.Their mostly good at accel, and speed, but trail riding, and handling/suspension is where they lack.

Rastus
06-15-2002, 04:25 PM
Dude,kabd69667 ,you didnt get my point.
200 two-stroke Vs. a 400 Four Stroke would be a good match, not a 284 cc fourstroke.You totally missed my point....

01TRX300EX
06-15-2002, 04:44 PM
I think the new Blaster's look great, however I still wouldn't get it, because no matter how much you put into it, it will still be to small for me. But I don't hate them, they are good for what they were meant to do.

GreatAim
06-15-2002, 07:23 PM
It is not that bad, if you put some mods in it it could be alright. My friend has one with a 240 and fmf pipe and k&n kit and a bunch of other stuff and I dont start to outrun it until 4th gear. (4th on 400ex = 6th on blaster) I think the new ones look awesome. If you would give it the flame job like the banshee and raptor then it would be ok.

Ex_Rider43
06-15-2002, 08:10 PM
the only blaster I like is the one on www.blasterhq.com ..yamablaster00 or somethin like that..I like the sound on his hetrick pipe...sound a bit like a R

4punksdad
06-16-2002, 05:50 AM
thats good to see yamaha take a step in the right direction. I don't like the color scheme on that blaster, but the integrated headlight and hydraulic brakes will up the blaster sales for sure.

the blaster has always been a competent trail machine.
I would like to ride one with the new brakes.

06-16-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by PhResTyL28
well that the first time ive ever heard somebody say they need to be rebuilt everymonth. please if you dont know what your talking about...dont talk. i said faster, i also meant that blasters are quicker. i ride mine in trails all the time. one of my friends has a 300ex and im not gonna diss it. i know its a nice machine. im just simply stating a fact that blasters are quicker and faster. now they have hydros. if i had to pick between a new 300ex or blaster it would have been a 300ex. now that the blasters have hydros...problem solved. how much more is a 300ex? just think of this logicaly and dont get defensive. if you bought a 2003 blaster and upgraded it with money saved from a 300ex, it would be an insane machine. douglas .190 rims al around and 20"shots and it wilkl be handling nicely. add an extended axle...slides better than a 300ex. and its still cheaper. now u can go get your motor ported and polished and put a pipe on and it could hang with a 400ex. it depends on how heavy the porting job is. i dont think the few things i have said would add up to the price of a 300ex yet. but anyways...most of you see what im getting at. a blaster(2003) is more machine for what you pay. upgraded, there even nicer.

exactly what i am saying, my freind bought his blaster back in 99 brand new, we put a new pipe, twist throttle, filter, jets. thats it and ya know what we gave that thing ****, we rode it through anything we could find, one time we got it in water up to the handlebars, had to jump off and let it float up before water got in the motor. Rode it just about everyday in trails roads, feilds jumps an such. And ya know what, that was almost 4 year ago and the thing is its still running like a champ on its stock bore never been rebuilt. And ya wanna know what else, we raced my 400 and it and i only beat it by a cuople length's blaster are quick, and they smoke 300ex's

bman's 02 300ex
06-18-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by PhResTyL28
well that the first time ive ever heard somebody say they need to be rebuilt everymonth. please if you dont know what your talking about...dont talk. i said faster, i also meant that blasters are quicker. i ride mine in trails all the time. one of my friends has a 300ex and im not gonna diss it. i know its a nice machine. im just simply stating a fact that blasters are quicker and faster. now they have hydros. if i had to pick between a new 300ex or blaster it would have been a 300ex. now that the blasters have hydros...problem solved. how much more is a 300ex? just think of this logicaly and dont get defensive. if you bought a 2003 blaster and upgraded it with money saved from a 300ex, it would be an insane machine. douglas .190 rims al around and 20"shots and it wilkl be handling nicely. add an extended axle...slides better than a 300ex. and its still cheaper. now u can go get your motor ported and polished and put a pipe on and it could hang with a 400ex. it depends on how heavy the porting job is. i dont think the few things i have said would add up to the price of a 300ex yet. but anyways...most of you see what im getting at. a blaster(2003) is more machine for what you pay. upgraded, there even nicer.

06-18-2002, 03:45 PM
all u blaster guys can talk all your crap but i will shut u ^ if u want me to! trust me u dont want none of this!

4punksdad
06-18-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by HoNdAdude26
all u blaster guys can talk all your crap but i will shut u ^ if u want me to! trust me u dont want none of this!

L-O-S-E-R has an R on the end.

06-18-2002, 07:31 PM
4punksdad, honestly! if i can beat a 400 then trust me, I CAN beat a Blaster. :D .........lol

4punksdad
06-19-2002, 05:39 AM
I was referring to your signature............."second place is the first loser" I see now you didn't leave the R off loser.........yours reads "second place is the first to lose" my mistake

but while we are on the topic, the 330 kit might allow you to beat some 400ex's, and some blasters. but I have ridden with a slightly modified blaster. that guy hung with my 400 and my buddy's 250R all day. He was like a fly buzzing around our heads.
with very little work, them blasters can rip.............stopping them is a different story, until now.

95% rider.................

06-19-2002, 08:00 AM
4 punksdad- lol........didnt exactly know what u meant by that but now i do......lol! Oh I know how fast a slightly modded one can be cuz my buddy has 1! there pretty neat just, really ugly & no good handling! I would never buy one but some are pretty fast. go to www.blasterhq.com

knighttime
06-19-2002, 08:38 AM
It looks like a fun machine to me, and it's nice that the price tag isn't too high. Yamaha is gonna sell a lot of them. :D

I wonder if they will change around the Banshee now? :confused:

06-19-2002, 08:43 AM
I agree with knighttime, I think that they shoul totally change the looks of the banshee. I just dont like the ugly headlights in the front & that hidious grill. I also think on the new blaster they need to change the back fenders! they just dont look right to me? I also wonder if they r goin to redo the warrior? hopefully they will cuz its looks r a lil out dated!

PhResTyL28
06-19-2002, 03:41 PM
warriors...ew. i dont really like warriors. they came out at the same time as the blaster but they seem so much more outdated for some reason. thats where i would want a 300ex over the comparible yamaha. i think they should scrap the warrior. redesign the banshee and make a 450cc sport quad.
im gonna list my blasters mods and what its gonna have and then the final price.
port and polish
wiseco piston
douglas .190 rims all around w/ holeshots.
fmf fatty pipe and pro circuit silencer w/ k&n filter and outerwears.
dg undercarraige skid
ac swingarm skid
crossbar pad and grips. after i pay off a car its gonna get nerfs, bumper, axle, suspension and hydros all around. the grand total of that including the atv is 6500. i may have forgotten to list a few things. i would rather have my blaster whens its finished then a stock raptor. the suspension will be much smoother and it will slide easier with the extended axle.it wont be as fast but handling is a huge factor that alot of riders overlook. how much is a 300ex? 5000? if u put 1500 into that to match the price that im spending, the blaster will still eat it alive.

phatswinn
06-20-2002, 07:30 PM
300ex people dont like blasters cuz there 200cc's and they beat us, ill admite it! but there allota fun to screw around on but in the woods you cant keep all four wheels on the ground! the disk breaks are a awsome improve ment on it and sos that ugly plastic thing, but it looks better now. i think the banshee would be awsome with a total makover.. think about ti, they just spinn the tires on a dirt road all the need is some new plastics

Nate250ex
06-20-2002, 07:43 PM
why do u 300exs think your invisible those new blasters are badass,300exs look like a trx 90,a blaster will beat a stock 300ex, and with some other mods can beat warriors,but a stock blaster will eat a 300 so shut up. 2002-blaster 20in trekkers on rear fmf fattie +pc2 silencer,v-force ram valves,+lots more

2000SPORT
06-20-2002, 08:10 PM
Blasters are nice machines but I like my 300ex better. My cousin has an '02 blaster and I have and '02 300EX. When they were stock, we'd race each other, and then we'd switch quads and race each other again. They'd run dead even no matter what we'd try. Sure his would pull away a little at the bottom end, but I'd be right back by the time we got to top end. We piped both machines, he got the fmf powercore 2 and I got the powercore 4. Now I take him at the start and he isn't able to catch me. He'll probably be modding again soon though and be able to take me again, so then it's my turn. It just never ends.

06-21-2002, 01:26 PM
nate250ex- i think ur the one who needs to shut ^! we havnt said a thing about how a 300 will beat a blaster! A blater will spank a 300 but not mine if u wanna start talking crap then fine. PM me! blaster's look like crap! there out dated but i will atmit that they do look better! they still look like crap to me! 250ex's look more like a 90 just my opinion though. but com'on i'll race ya! lol....jk

PhResTyL28
06-21-2002, 09:02 PM
my friend has a 300ex w/ fmf pc4 and fmf header. my other friend had a blaster with fmf fatty and pc2. mine was stock at the time. we had a drag competition. i lost cuz i was all stock. at the end it was between piped 300 and piped blaster. the races were EXTREMELY close. out of 5 drags, the blaster won 3 by a hair. it was tied 2-2. i wish i could have competed more but i was stock. before my friend with the 300ex rejetted his, i would beat him until 5th gear. then he would pass me at a pretty good pace. when he rejetted i was behind the whole way through. now i have an fmf fatty pipe and pro circuit silencer, wiseco piston, milled head, port and polish job. so im obviously faster.

yes, blasters are outdated. but the price makes up for that. and i think there fugly to, but only with stock back tires and rims. goofy 21" bubble tires on 8 inch rims does look gay. i have 20" holeshots on douglas .190's on the rear. that solved the looks problem. and 300ex's do look hott from every angle except the front. from the front they look like a stingray or something queer like that.

06-22-2002, 09:30 AM
i will atmit that a stock 300 looks like crap from the front. but mine looks freakin awesome with renthals & racecut fullbore plastic! this is like the best set ^. every one needs to quit buying maier! maier looks like crap! especialy the front!

PhResTyL28
06-22-2002, 03:44 PM
i wanna see a pic of ur 300. it sounds pretty nice. how do u think a modded blaster would look with maier race front? it looks like a 250r with those plastics. im sure u honda(300ex) people would like the looks of it then.

06-22-2002, 07:24 PM
hey ill post a pic as soon as i figure out how to scan this freakin thing! i bet that blaster would look a lot better then! sprry but my scaner is a peice of *****.

06-27-2002, 09:40 AM
come on nate250ex- whats wrong......scared?

06-27-2002, 10:18 AM
c'mon man what u scared of? reply or pm me!