PDA

View Full Version : For those with ASV Clutch Levers

rob-u/21
10-05-2005, 09:47 AM
I just installed my ASV brake lever and it fit just right. But when I instaled my clutch lever, I can only pull it about half way because it keeps hiting the start and light controls. What are you guys doing about that. I dont have light in my quad but I do need the start button, It looks to me that the only way to fix this is to move the controls to the right side of the cluth lever but I really dont want to do that. Any suggestions?

jak1389
10-05-2005, 10:03 AM
yes you have to move it to the right of the lever. its kinda dumb how they designed it to work that way, btw its still a nice lever and perch.

PismoLocal
10-05-2005, 10:11 AM
i have an asv clutch i just took off my controls, i only have the start button now

rob-u/21
10-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Yeah, it looks like that is the only way to fix this. It's just such a hassle to reach for the start button while in gear. I was also thinking of removing the whole light/start control and putting one of those dirtbike kill switches as a start button since I dont use the light switces. I think I've seen people do that. That would be less bulky.

jak1389
10-05-2005, 10:27 AM
now that i think about it i may try and put it like under the side panal on the frame or something. clean up the bars maybe. its worth a try. i want to do the killswitch idea for the start button, but i use my lights. if anyone has any ideas how i can control my lights without using controls and using a killswitch to start let me know. thanks

fasterz
10-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by jak1389
now that i think about it i may try and put it like under the side panal on the frame or something. clean up the bars maybe. its worth a try. i want to do the killswitch idea for the start button, but i use my lights. if anyone has any ideas how i can control my lights without using controls and using a killswitch to start let me know. thanks
if your keeping your lights just move the box over. Its way to much of a hassle to make light switches and have them work well, this is a off, low, and hi. so it would be tricky to set up but can be done, you would just have to study the schimatics and figure out which wire does what. but in all honesty i woulndt bother, unless you dont plan on using your lights and just need the kill switch. Just put some miracle grow on that thumb :muscle: ha try it out with it on the right side its not that bad, i had mine like that on my z400 till i did away with the box