PDA

View Full Version : Best Track ever! in NW Indiana

Jen696
10-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Okay you gotta check this place out.
www.motoland.com
In Kingsbury, IN
I rode there last Sunday for the first time and omg. Wow.
it is 2.5 miles long well groomed but very soft, it whoops up. The jumps are awesome although a few WAY to big for me. There were like 20 quads there riding. You just go out and ride whenever you want quads and bikes together. They are open every sunday for open riding.

A definite MUST to get out there. I think it's one of the best tracks I've ever ridden, if not THE best.

Maybe I'll see ya there, goin' again this sunday.
Later, Jen

pbell75
10-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Jen, I posted a tread about motoland yesturday under racing and (Gotta ride motoland in Northern IN), check it out. I too was there sunday on a red Honda 450r with the number 06. Were you on a white yfz with marron side panels?

Jen696
10-05-2005, 10:34 AM
Yep that was me. #696 Was that track awesome or what?
I can't wait to go back.

Cya soon,
Jen

pbell75
10-05-2005, 11:32 AM
I like the track a lot, one day I will hit the super bob, but not anytime soon.

I saw you a couple times on the track, you looked pretty smooth and confident on the bike, that's good to see. Do you race?

Jen696
10-05-2005, 11:40 AM
hey thanks, yes I do race. I would love to hit the BIG one but am chicken***** :eek2: are you goin' back this Sun.

I gotta get a few more jumps down, I only got a few doubles my first time but there's like 3 more I know I can do.

I was shocked at the quad turn out, what a blast. At least the rain waited til afternoon.

cya,
Jen

pbell75
10-05-2005, 12:00 PM
I won't be able to make it to motoland this weekend, I've have to be somewhere in the afternoon, I'm goingto go ride my practice track in the morning instead. I probably wont make it back to motoland for awhile, next weekend theres a GP at Hangtime, then the weekend afetr that is the Ironman. I'll probably be back at motoland on Oct 30th.

They were supposed to have 2 grand prixs there, one this weekend and one on 10/6, this weekends hs been canceled, I'm not sure about 10/6's

fultz416ex
10-05-2005, 07:22 PM
i was there on sunday. i was on a black 450r #906. it was my first time there and i thought it is a very cool track. the track is huge. i would go back. if you like that track you need to come to wildcat creek mx in rossville, IN. that track is awesome. motoland and wildcat are my favorite tracks in the area.
travis

K_Fulk
10-05-2005, 08:15 PM
http://www.motoland.com/arial%20views%20of%20motoland%20010.jpg

Man , I wish I lived closer to that looks fun.

dirtriderex
10-05-2005, 08:30 PM
Hey Jen I think I know where you live, I always go by a house in McHenry and all my buddy tells tell me that the chick races. How old are you?

roostin_dale
10-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Jen where the hell have you been?...i havent seen you since the Echeconnee National...your probably dont even remember me by now:o haha

Jen696
10-06-2005, 07:48 AM
Yep that's me in McHenry... I'm the old married lady hahaaa
I'm 34.

I haven't been racing as much as I should, been going to a lot of open rides tho...
And of course I remember you, I'll probably see ya soon, are you going to the racer appreciation weekends at Casey or Taylorville?
I should be at at least 1 of them if not both. YOU would love the motoland track. I still think of you with that rebel flag seat although I know you've stepped it up to a yammie 450. How do ya like it? (I really don't even have to ask) I see ya been tearin it up. Good for you, keep it up. ( You race B now right?)

cya round, Jen

roostin_dale
10-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Jen696
Yep that's me in McHenry... I'm the old married lady hahaaa
I'm 34.

I haven't been racing as much as I should, been going to a lot of open rides tho...
And of course I remember you, I'll probably see ya soon, are you going to the racer appreciation weekends at Casey or Taylorville?
I should be at at least 1 of them if not both. YOU would love the motoland track. I still think of you with that rebel flag seat although I know you've stepped it up to a yammie 450. How do ya like it? (I really don't even have to ask) I see ya been tearin it up. Good for you, keep it up. ( You race B now right?)

cya round, Jen

I sold the yammi, i got the honda now. Yes i am racing B, after this weekend i will have district wrapped up for B class and i will move to A...

Actually i seized up my motor and I am renting Kevins quad this weekend (revn kevin)...

Hopefully i can get my motor back together and be at casey and Tvilles appreciation weekends...

tw1976
10-06-2005, 07:56 PM
Little bit off topic, but does anyone know anything about www.crossingsmx.com It is in Valpo, IN which would put it close to this track. I have called and emailed but never received a reply. Anyone ever ride there, or know if it is bikes only?

dirtriderex
10-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Roostindale, how do you like the honda compared to the yammi

ESR250R
10-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by tw1976
Little bit off topic, but does anyone know anything about www.crossingsmx.com It is in Valpo, IN which would put it close to this track. I have called and emailed but never received a reply. Anyone ever ride there, or know if it is bikes only?

i went out there once to check the track out and they told me they allowed quads but only on weekdays because the bikes complain the quads rut the track up:rolleyes: . didnt seem like a very quad friendly track though (seems narrow). this was awhile ago so you might wanna call first to find out for sure.

roostin_dale
10-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
Roostindale, how do you like the honda compared to the yammi

the yfz has ALOT better motor (imo)...but i prefer the overall suspension, geometry and feel of the honda..and my TC national motor matches a yfz just fine..:devil:

dirtriderex
10-07-2005, 04:34 PM
the yfz has ALOT better motor (imo)...but i prefer the overall suspension, geometry and feel of the honda..and my TC national motor matches a yfz just fine.. I bet the 06 450r has just as good if not better of a motor now.

Jake250ex
10-07-2005, 09:43 PM
how emberrasing would it be to take a 300ex out there? :o

I really wanna go but the shee's down :(

roostin_dale
10-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
I bet the 06 450r has just as good if not better of a motor now.

06 yfz has more motor too....oh well...put any yfz or honda in front of me..I'll race em:devil: :devil: :devil:

pbell75
10-08-2005, 08:39 AM
The crossing is owned by Vaughn, most people call it Vaughns. I live about 30 minutes from there and have ridden the track several times in the past. Area residents are trying to shut him down siteing dust as a major concern so he has stopped letting quads on the track, unless it is raining or rained the night before. I got turned away the last time I was there so I have not tryed to come back. It's a nice track but I think motoland is more fun. Vaughn has a cool camel back and some neat up hills, but it's more centered around bikes.
Vaughn is part sponser of the Subway race team, I think he may be there manager (don't quote me on it though) and they practice at the crossing before redbud.