PDA

View Full Version : whats next?

hauck400ex
10-05-2005, 07:40 AM
well i have a 2005 trx400ex and was definately not impressed when i brought it home in its stock form. I should have bought a 450 of some sort, but its my first bike, so i figured it would be plenty of power. first i put an hmf slip-on on, jetted it, put a k&n in, and removed my air box lid. it was a nice gain, a little snappier on the throttle, but still not enough. i dropped my gearing from a 14t front to a 13t, and in all honesty, that is the best mod ive done to date. then i decided to get a little more into the motor. i dont want to bore it yet, its only 4 months old, but i need more power. i bought an 11:1 wiseco piston and a stage 1 hotcam and after a few minor problems, i have that together and running (just need to adjust the valves one last time). but so far even this isnt helping me much. the mechanic at the honda shop i work at told me to get a je 13:1 and a sparks flywheel key. he said they built a few race motors and thats what they put in them. my question is, should i go up to the 13:1 and get the key? SHould i just do one of the two? or are there any other options? is the rev box worth anything as far as giving me more power through my gears? what have any of you done aside from boring to get the most power you could get?