PDA

View Full Version : Joe Byrd Riding School Review

turnandburn
10-04-2005, 09:15 PM
I went to the Oct 1-2 school this last weekend. Joe and Heather are very nice down to earth and easy to talk to. First day you gather in the shop and go over the class room stuff how to set up your quad properly how to check it the correct way what your settings should be set at and how they effect your quad. Then after he personal checks your quad to see if it is ready off to his track to warm up and get comfortable with it. Once you have gotten comfortable you run a timed lap so at the end of day two you can see you progress after you run your last timed lap on day two. I personally shaved 38 secounds off my lap time. The rest of the day and day two Joe goes over it all starts,turns,whoops,proper riding position,jumps,passing and more. Joe never makes you do something your not comfortable with, but if you want to do it he will take time and show you how. The class was about 15 riders total all different skill levels and ages. Joe has you do drills as a group but works with you one on one. The class was physically demanding both days 9-5pm expesially the challenge program better eat your wheaties for this!!! The class was $375 but well worth it,if your thinking of going you wont be dissapionted! If you have any questions pm me or email me.

1BADYFZ
10-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Sounds like fun:D

KWAD GAWD
10-04-2005, 09:20 PM
I went to one in March of 2005 at Joe's house. Freakin hard stuff! You better be in shape for Big Joe's house!

Honda
10-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Where is the class located?

10-04-2005, 10:46 PM
i thought about doing it just because i use to live real close to him but I dont do mx so it seemed like a waste

Loser450
10-05-2005, 10:53 AM
When I went there were a few XC guys there. I think everyone benefits from it.