PDA

View Full Version : How come?????

B-rad D
10-04-2005, 09:12 PM
why did u pick a 400ex????

underpowered
10-05-2005, 05:41 AM
i bought mine right after the 450's came out and they were cheap. i have always liked honda and the 400 was cheap, easy to get parts for, and still kinda competitive with the right mods.

redneck2725
10-05-2005, 06:09 AM
I got mine cause, i needed a decent beginners sport quad, and my buddy sold me his barely ridden 2003 400EX for almost nothing.

smr
10-05-2005, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by underpowered
i bought mine right after the 450's came out and they were cheap. i have always liked honda and the 400 was cheap, easy to get parts for, and still kinda competitive with the right mods.

I'm with this feller. I bought mine brand new when the 450 where coming out. I got it dirt cheap. Parts are easy to find and ther are cheap compared to the other quads. I race mine in the Midsouth harescrambles..and I'm competetive.

oh..I almost forgot. They are one of the most dependable quads ever made.....that was the main reason I chose a 400ex.

10-05-2005, 02:05 PM
i got myn right when the 450's were coming out also. i dident have enough money for anything else, but i love it. its prity much bullet proof and has nice balance. i dont ever plan on getting rid of it eather, once i start racing i plan on putting a cr450 engine in it.:devil:

shorgasm
10-05-2005, 02:21 PM
2K$ for an 02....you do the math.;)

PunkA$$
10-05-2005, 03:22 PM
I've wanted one ever since I read the first review on it in dirt wheels.

In 2003 I lost a couple of expenses so I used the extra cash to finance a new one.

Three full riding seasons later and I still say it's the best investment I ever made.

rummerd
10-05-2005, 04:11 PM
I just recently picked up two of them. Here is why. Both are are were built for racing at the highest levels, probably would cost 15 grand to build each one as it sits right now. They were both pretty expensive, but a bargain when you think about what a new quad actually costs you once you get it home and set it up the way you actually want it (exhaust, bars, tires, etc). Most people do that almost immediately after getting a new machine. Both of my quads would still be able to win races if I were to do that, but I am not racing anymore, just cruising dunes and trails. They are gonna be hard to beat for that.

hondajoe05
10-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Punk*****
I've wanted one ever since I read the first review on it in dirt wheels.

In 2003 I lost a couple of expenses so I used the extra cash to finance a new one.

Three full riding seasons later and I still say it's the best investment I ever made.

same here i've been reading dirt wheels since i was like 9 or whenever and i got mine when the 450's were coming out and i paid a bunch for it but its been worth every penny and i probably wont get ride of it

ride_red666
10-06-2005, 09:46 PM
i got mine because it was cheap when i got it and didnt have the money for a 450. its also really reliable and its a honda.

vpofthedrc
10-07-2005, 09:59 AM
I got mine because it is my first quad, and pushing 30, I felt I was a little too brittle for a 450. :)

NacsMXer
10-07-2005, 10:44 AM
I bought mine in 2000 because the 400 was still the mackdaddy of the sport quad scene back then :cool: It was also my first sport quad (coming off a Polaris Xpress 300) and I had never even ridden a manual clutch manual tranny quad before in my life! :eek2: I had driven manual cars before so I just taught myself using the same concept how to work the clutch on a manual quad.

I can still remember having a tough time and stalling it out several times the day I brought it home haha :p I think i've come a loooong way as a rider let alone a decently-skilled MX rider since then. There's absolutely no substitute for the info on this site and learning through experience; I owe it all to my 400! :o

BlazingYamahaYz
10-07-2005, 05:17 PM
I wanted one since I started ridding dirt bikes. I kept seeing the 400ex and fell in love with the headlight/front plastic set up. After selling both my dirt bikes, picking up a car, and finally paying off all my expenses, I thought about finally buying a 400. One of my neighbors was selling his, I rode it and knew I had to buy it. Tons of fun and will keep me occupied even 100% stock. I don't plan on ever selling it:)