PDA

View Full Version : wwhere to get parts and values on c dales

cool 300ex
10-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Someone wants to trade me a 2003 LE c dale for my z400. It has AC skids, handgaurds, stage 8. motor mount update, battery update, and new battery. all this stuff ws done 4 hrs ago...so its still fresh! and it only has 30 original hours on it! Should a i trade my z400 for this?
Where can i get the value on a c dale? I looked at kbb.com but i can't find it. Also where all can i get parts for a c dale moreless in pa but what about outside of pa to?

Hondadudeehhhh
10-04-2005, 06:26 PM
cdaleriders.com

happyboy
10-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Normally I would say go to www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/ but the site is currently forwarding back to here. lol It should be fixed shortly. In the meantime just go and post in the cannondale forum here on exriders.

The value really just depends on you. The dales value seems to swing alot at different times. The real value isn't necessarily from the aftermarket parts on it but instead really comes from the motor updates that have been done. The dales had issues. The motors really had some problems coming from the factory, especially the 03 models. BUT we got the issues licked. The dale community stepped up and has fixed all problems with the motors. We have even developed new stroker cranks, 460 piston kits, and are about to release a 505cc stroker monster. :) Go timbo!!

If you have been riding a 400cc motor then you are going to flip when you ride the dale. The difference will be night and day power wise. But, keep in mind that the dale is a race machine. Race machines require more maintance and occasional motor work to keep them running properly. If you go in thinking you will beat on it like you do the 400 and it will be fine then think again. Cannondales aren't a hobby, they are a lifestyle.

Hope to see you on cannondaleriders.

And for parts, go to www.blackwidowatv.com
Give Brad a call, he will take care of you.

Allen
10-05-2005, 04:27 AM
Jeff@Quadshop can get parts for a Cdale...I'm pretty sure. You might want to PM him and see what he says about the whole situation;)

jcv400ex
10-05-2005, 10:47 AM
www.blackwidowatv.com has all the parts you will need. All in all, I wouldn't do it. It won't be long until they're all gone.

Replacement parts are very expensive.

I've owned a couple, they're great machines. Owning one requires you to take care of it more than others. Once you pay for it to be rebuilt, you'd understand why. This isn't a "ride it hard all weekend and put it back in the shed" quad. You need to check it out before you ride and after you ride, change fluids religiously, etc,etc. Properly maintained, it's a ride you'll never forget. But Cannondale got a bad rap from people who expect to just ride and ride without doing regular maintence. Performance wise for a trail quad, your not going to gain anything IMO.

happyboy
10-05-2005, 11:19 AM
I agree with the bad rap part but parts are not expensive. They are no more expensive than any other quad out there. Its when people want to upgrade the motor performance wise they can get expensive. And I wouldn't expect the dales to go away any time soon, and by soon I mean years. There are tons of OEM parts out there and new aftermarket parts are getting made every day. You name the type of part and we will tell you where to get it.

Here is the break down plain and simple. Take the cost of getting a dale, getting it fully updated, and full suspension. That will be the same cost of getting a 450R or YFZ bare bones and you have the same reliability. So, if you don't want to deal with the hassle of dealing with a rarity or don't want to have to order parts then no, don't get the dale. You normally can't go down the street to a shop and get parts.