PDA

View Full Version : bore kits

hy250r
10-04-2005, 05:58 PM
ok Im looking for more power and was want to bore my 250r out. All whats done to it now is a Sparks exhaust, 38mm a/s carb, with a bore that is only 2 over. Im interested in a PV 275cc cylinder that Duncan makes, called PC2000 and I was thinking of just boring my stock cylinder out to a 265 because it be cheaper.

But What I was wanting to know if any of you can tell me how much of a difference will it make? Is it true that you wont notice much of a difference with a 265 kit? I just want some more power for woods racing.

Jester
10-04-2005, 06:03 PM
porting brother, and a pipe that matches.

talk to macdizzy(rick) for porting macdizzy.com

Tom TRX250R
10-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Jester's right! You won't even notice the difference in power on simply boring your cylinder, unless of course your low on compression and need to be rebuilt. Get a port job from a reputable porting company and buy a pipe that matches the porting such as low end porting, ESR TRX6 pipe. Also you can look at either shaving your stock head or buying an aftermarket head to bump up compression. You might have to run race gas doing this so make sure to do a compression test. You will be surprised doing these mods how much it helps with power!!!

250r4life
10-04-2005, 11:30 PM
ive got the duncan 265pv kit that i had ported and polished even more, with a 36pwk carb, and the crap you dont feel a difference... its a lot faster... i went from a 100% orignal engine to a ported/polished 265pv with a wiseco piston and bigger carb, and it defiantely is a lot lot faster...

zedicus00
10-05-2005, 08:28 AM
C-Leigh-Racing is the BEST 2 stroke porter i hav found, ive tried big names and local guys. that dude outdoes them ALL.

he can do all the engine work for you too... just dont ask him to work on a 4-stroke

pm me an i can hook u up with his email

XCredrider
10-05-2005, 09:27 PM
250r4life... when they said going to a 265 they ment on a stock cylinder with no porting or anything like that. not an aftermarket one. ;)

250r4life
10-05-2005, 11:53 PM
well he had talked about the 275pv too... yah, i agree, i wouldnt go and bore out to a 265-just wasting bores... i agree with them, just get a nice port and polish and you'll be straight.... if you wanna lighten your flywheel great-depending on the riding you do... the 265 and 275 kits are great, but again i wouldnt go off using up all your bores and the stock jug...

hy250r
10-06-2005, 06:16 PM
Im sorry but I gues I forgot to mention that my stock cylinder has been ported. I think it was done by LRD. SO the only thing that I could think of doing is boring it out and getting a aftermarket head.

250r4life- you said that you had a PC2000 kit? How would you compare to a stock cylinder? Thats exactly what Im looking for except I want a 275cc and also the 36pwk carb with the National exhaust. Another thing how did you like Duncan's service?

MXRACER708
10-06-2005, 07:42 PM
LRD jerimiah jones replica 265PV is a badass motor.

beerock
10-06-2005, 08:34 PM
388 a/s or a 39pwk, send the cylinder and head out to someone else and have them report it. LRD does an OK port but there many better. I have ridden the jermiah jones replica p/v and raced against it with my B+B stock cylinder and he barely pulls me.

the curtis sparks pipes are the best out there I loved the TT on my stock cylinder.

but its up to you and this is just my opinion but, my stock cylinder bike made alot of 310 guys shake there heads.

250r4life
10-07-2005, 11:37 AM
yah i've got the pc2000 265 kit, and ive got the pwk 36 carb, the paul turner race pipe and fatboy silencer... duncan has been great for customer service... oh, and i had mine ported and polished some more after i got it from duncan.. how does it compare to a stock cylinder? well, i came from a completely stock engine (original from 89, no porting, original piston, etc...) but it was a dang good bike- i would hold my own on the hill. as far as the 265 kit, i am very happy with it... that powervalve is nice, i hardly ever lug my bike but occasionally when i do its nice to have the pv... my bike is a lot quicker and pulls hard... before i could always wheelie in 4th gear but i had to have my rpms in a certain range to pop it, now ive noticed that i can pop it in a lower rpm where before it would have enough power to get it up and i would have to raise my rpms a little more to pop it... i have been happy with it... its definately faster...