PDA

View Full Version : radial fronts on the dunes?

Razorback
06-14-2002, 06:43 AM
radial fronts on the dunes?

i'm going to little sahara next weekend. i've got some paddles for the rear. i still have my stock fronts, but also have some radials. would the radials do fine on the dunes? i would figure they would do ok, since they're slick, but i'm not sure. any help would be appreciated.

redrider808
06-14-2002, 09:14 AM
go with the stock fronts . the radial fronts dont offer much flotation . you can do it but gona dig in more and harder to ride
i just know that they dont work well at silver lake i have yet to head out west yet . but i would think sand is sand

Razorback
06-14-2002, 09:19 AM
thanks for the reply. i didn't know if they'd float or not. i'm sure the ride will be similar at ls as it is at silver lake, so i appreciate your input.

02exchic
06-14-2002, 10:57 AM
Go with the stock front tires and air them down just a bit. That should work just fine. Then when you have the money invest in some razors--great for turning!!!

Razorback
06-14-2002, 11:13 AM
well, i've got some holeshots, too, i may try them if you think they'll turn better than the stockers.

02exchic
06-14-2002, 02:09 PM
The stock fronts are okay in the sand, I just keep mine as spares....
Give the holeshots a try and see what you think. Or if they are both sets, try both and go with what you like best...personal preference really! I would definitely air them down a bit.
What actually works best is the smooth tires with the ridge (brand??). Those hook up great for turning and sliding in the sand. I used those before I pierced one on some broken glass at camp. :mad:

Have a great time!!!!:D :D :D