PDA

View Full Version : blowing fuses

djslyde
10-04-2005, 04:36 PM
I posted on cannondaleriders but cant get back to read any responces. but anyways i keep blowing fuses i have a 25 amp in there now. can i put a bigger one in or will it not even make a diffrence? well here it is.. i went on vacation for one week . it went into the garage running befor i left but when i came home to ride it, it kept blowing fuses. when i press the start button it makes a buzzing noise about the seconed or third time i do this it blows the fuse... i hope to have it running this weekend but i also have to replace a starter in my truck :mad: i guess i have no luck this week lol

cdrookie
10-04-2005, 05:00 PM
take out the sparkplug to make sure it isn't hydrolocked with oil. you can use a bigger fuse, sometimes it works sometimes it still blows. sounds like the engine is locked up though...

G Impala 63n70
10-04-2005, 05:07 PM
wires may have rubbed through some where from vibrating and moving, check all the wires, you'll find some touching or grounded badly and ur problem should be solved. good luck

djslyde
10-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Thanks, i hope its not a locked up motor. It shouldnt be, the oil is fresh and level. i know there is a small hole in the yellow wire coating that comes down from the key switch plate but didnt seemed to be a problem. ill keep looking at the wires. its so cram packed in there lol

cdrookie
10-05-2005, 02:03 AM
if it was running fine before you went on vacation it sounds weird that wires just started going bad? unless there's mice around:eek: put a socket on the crankshaft(flywheel) and see if it'll turn over. the check ball is notorious for getting a small piece of debris under it and letting engine oil into the cylinder while the machine sits. hopefully it's not a wire issue since there's 14 miles of the stuff crammed on there. could also try removing the starter and see if it cranks when you hit the button.

arens310r
10-05-2005, 05:56 AM
TRY CHARGING THE BATTERY.

djslyde
10-05-2005, 12:31 PM
battery is charged . i am going to do what cdrookie was saying thanks again for the help

djslyde
10-05-2005, 02:44 PM
I tryed doing the fly wheel it moves.i can get a full rotation. sounds like alot of gas is moving when i try to start it also. dont know if that has anything to do with it. also when i try to do it with the starter button it moves but blows the fuses...... gotta look at the miles apon miles of wires now.

jesshamner
10-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Yep, check your wires. If you have a wire that is missing the insulation, you should go ahead and wrap it with some elec. tape anyway. It may not fix the problem but it still needs to be done.

djslyde
10-05-2005, 04:16 PM
all fixed :) its about time lol now to work on the landscaping truck :mad: Just doesnt stop :) Thanks for all the help . I love the cdale family

jesshamner
10-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Its fixed already? What was it?

djslyde
10-05-2005, 06:41 PM
There was a slice in one of the wires fixed that then charged both batts. started up... wow im so glad to get to ride it again. i took it around the block with no plastics or seat for a victory lap :D no cops called this time :)

jesshamner
10-05-2005, 08:28 PM
That sounds like what I do when I put mine back together. LOL....you always have to test it out first. :blah:

djslyde
10-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Gotta love it . i can ride the 4x4 all day on the street as soon as i get the c-dale out. i have mabey 10 min then its back in the garage hiding. I think its my neighbor that calls them . i cut her lawn all year and did a huge fall clean-up last year for free. now when i was cutting down some branches on the side yard i steped on her lil bush and she started yelling and screaming at me . now she hates me lol. thats what i get for being a nice guy :)