PDA

View Full Version : LT-R450 Availabilty?

atvdude
10-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Anyone know when these machines are going to be on the showroom floor? I am guessing out west will get them first as there market is biggest.

GE4x4
10-04-2005, 04:28 PM
According to ********, it will be out tenitivly in March of 06

dopeyferree
10-05-2005, 05:10 PM
I talked to the suzuki dealer yesterday and he said they should have them around January.

10-05-2005, 06:58 PM
I would expect January so they can sell enough to race them in nationals early feb.

LTZ400ApK
10-10-2005, 03:41 PM
I was told from the warehouse that they should have them in sometime in DEC. who knows,They Just Need to Hurry up and Get here !!!!

DaleJrFan
10-10-2005, 09:34 PM
the 2 suzuki dealers here in OKC said they would have theirs late december early january.

allaboutHP
10-14-2005, 10:27 AM
there is a white ltr-450 at my dealer right now. im going to go look at it tomarrow. www.deepcreekmarina.com i dont know how they got one if no one else does???

Scro
10-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by allaboutHP
there is a white ltr-450 at my dealer right now. im going to go look at it tomarrow. www.deepcreekmarina.com i dont know how they got one if no one else does???

:rolleyes: maybe a white z400

trx400exxracer
10-14-2005, 09:55 PM
One of my local dealers said that they might get one or two in october and november and then in January they will have more

clutt225
10-16-2005, 05:02 AM
My dealer says march, her in Canada.

allaboutHP
10-16-2005, 06:21 PM
i went to my dealer to look at the ltr 450 in which my girlfriend claimed was there, well i guess since she lives near it she just wanted me to come down. i was pissed because they said january they would have one.

4punksdad
10-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by atvdude
Anyone know when these machines are going to be on the showroom floor? I am guessing out west will get them first as there market is biggest.

actually............page 26 of November Dirt Wheels shows how many atv's are sold in each state.

Florida, PA & NY are #3,4 & 5 respectively.

813,893 total atv's are projected to be sold this year in the USa

clutt225
10-22-2005, 07:46 PM
I saw the r450 at a show in Toronto Canada today. the dealer that had it there said it belonged to suzuki Canada and that he had to return it after the show, He said he will have them for sale by Jan. Another dealer at the show claimed to have one in his warehouse now, but I call BS if he had it, it would be at the show.

pics do not do this bike justice it is a work of art.

clutt225
10-22-2005, 07:47 PM
pic 2

clutt225
10-22-2005, 07:49 PM
pic 3

clutt225
10-22-2005, 07:50 PM
pic4

DVXchic
10-23-2005, 09:03 AM
I was there with Clutt225, This quad is awesome, I cant wait to get mine.

DVX 4 Sale, PM me

10-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by clutt225
I saw the r450 at a show in Toronto Canada today. the dealer that had it there said it belonged to suzuki Canada and that he had to return it after the show, He said he will have them for sale by Jan. Another dealer at the show claimed to have one in his warehouse now, but I call BS if he had it, it would be at the show.

dont you just love those slick reflectors on the canadian version.:blah:

DVXchic
10-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Yeah, I think they're awesome, I'm gonna leave mine on for racing.:p
Our government seems to put a million reflectors on everything motorized, what a bunch of D*cks.

CdaleXtreme
10-24-2005, 09:00 AM
awesome close up pics! thanks for the info!

TWISTED
10-24-2005, 07:08 PM
In pic4. is that black box the battery???

Luecker
10-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
In pic4. is that black box the battery???

Yes it is.

mxquadracer
10-24-2005, 08:32 PM
Battery thing may be different if I saw it in real life, but that looks like BAD positioning. Shouldn't take too much work to re-locate it yourself really...as long as you're handy with machining, and wiring.

May actually work out nice there...but hard to say really

onall4rs
10-25-2005, 07:58 AM
looking at the pic of the battrey it looks that it will be in the way of fitting nerfbars
i was speeking to a dealer from whales in the uk and he wiil have
six at the end of dec but hasent got the price in yet
but thinks thay will retail at £5299 in the uk

im now split between honda ,suzuki
how soon will the upgrades be out for the suzuki ?
will there be enougth to go-round

z400roosteR
10-25-2005, 04:52 PM
I went to Florence this past weekend and A dealer from Eugene and MODSQUAD drove up and put on a ride in, free drinks BBQ etc. we BS'd w/ one of the guys from the shop and he claims they should have them in on the floor in NOV.

jason14x
10-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Upgrades? what could you possibley need to do to this thing unless your racing? I could see maybe a pipe or silencer and some airbox mods but what else wold you need? I know from riding Suzukis since 1987 that the stock a-arms and swingarms..unless your a pro are strong as hell! I see no reason that anyone would NEED to do anything ecxept handlebars , nerfs, kill switch and plates and go ride.....I mean everyone has there on preferences and I know not a lot of folks will keep it stock ....but ther isnt anything this bike relly needs in my opinion!

Jason

Ruby Soho
10-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by jason14x
Upgrades? what could you possibley need to do to this thing unless your racing? I could see maybe a pipe or silencer and some airbox mods but what else wold you need? I know from riding Suzukis since 1987 that the stock a-arms and swingarms..unless your a pro are strong as hell! I see no reason that anyone would NEED to do anything ecxept handlebars , nerfs, kill switch and plates and go ride.....I mean everyone has there on preferences and I know not a lot of folks will keep it stock ....but ther isnt anything this bike relly needs in my opinion!

Jason I know from riding Suzukis since 1987 that the stock a-arms and swingarms

what about them?

jason14x
10-30-2005, 07:23 AM
I saw your question...read alittle bit further I stated that the old school swingarms and a arms are strong as can be unless your a pro . Thats all!

Jason

4punksdad
10-30-2005, 05:46 PM
I saw your question...read alittle bit further I stated that the old school swingarms and a arms are strong as can be unless your a pro . Thats all!

Jason

I can attest to that.

MX#9
10-31-2005, 12:10 PM
I find it odd that it does not have a swingarm skid from the factory.

bwamos
10-31-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by MX#9
I find it odd that it does not have a swingarm skid from the factory.

It's setup for MX not XC. A lot of people do not swinger, or full undercarriage skids on MX quads. What's the point? You're not going to have any big rocks, or logs in the middle of the MX track. ;) They only use engine skids.

Also, even if it did have a skid.. how many of us use the worthless factory skids anyway.. ;)

I beleive if you look real close there's small plastic skid guarding the sprocket and disk. Acting more as a slider than an impact skid.

MX#9
10-31-2005, 02:03 PM
I have since noticed a skid on the yellow one in another thread.

I know that factory skids do not take a very good thrashing,but,I guess I was more concerned about mounting points for an aftermarket skid.

I realize alot of mxer's take off the skids or use swingarms with chain giudes.
A larger percentage of these units will likely never see any sanctioned race action,much less a mx race.

I personally would want a skid plate for where I ride.
otherwise I would pretzel a sprocket or a rotor,(maybe both) each time out.

bwamos
11-03-2005, 10:02 AM
I agree.. I beat the hell out of my skid.. lol. 1st thing that would go on it would be a good SS rear skid. But, I don't race MX. I race XC and play MX. ;)

It's setup for MX.. but switching it to XC wouldn't really be any more work than we already do on the "XC" stock quads. Nothing that could come in contact with the ground or obsticals remains stock anyway. Skid plates all around, most put on nerfs, tires, wheels, bumper, grab, damper, tie rods, hand guards, bars, revalve/respring, kill switch, etc.. all pretty much get added right away no matter what quad you buy.

Quad18star
11-03-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by clutt225

I knew I should have went down to that damn show . :grr: Ah well ... I guess I'll just have to wait until they hit the showroom floor. :macho

Did you get the chance to sit on it?? If so how did it feel ??

DVXchic
11-03-2005, 04:24 PM
Yes i sat on it. The seat was realy hard but how many people really sit down while riding. The handlebars felt high to me but I'm pretty short. Other than that it kinda felt alot like a YFZ but not quite as narrow.

I really liked it, I already have my fender cuts picked out and the headlight has gotta go.
I really can't wait till I get mine, Its gonna be a whole lot different than my DVX.

OKTRX450R
11-15-2005, 07:32 AM
Anyone heard anymore regarding availability?

I called two dealers in my area and neither have any idea when the bikes will arrive! Hard to imagine they have no idea...if I was a dealer I would be sitting on my rep until I received some kind of confirmed date...

We are very interested in purchasing, but we want it prior to January 12th. If we can't get until after we will probably wait to hear how they are working before purchasing...

jason14x
11-15-2005, 10:26 AM
From talking to my sources , and dealers I have been told dont expect it until right near the end of January at the earliest. My contact in the magazine world said the same thing they dont expect to throe a leg over it until January at the earliest also. I was hoping a little sooner but our season doesnt start until April up here In New England so i can wait. !!! Hell I waited the last 3 years i can wait another 3 months!

Jason

Bajakawi
11-16-2005, 07:05 AM
Can someone tell me the width of the front..center to center on the tires..YFZ'z are about 37" wide...Preds are about 38" wide Honda450's are about the same as the YFZ's..Z400's are about 36".. I am hoping it is possible to narrow it by just installing 4+1 front wheels..I think it has 3+2 stock..the rear may be a bit tougher to narrow..I am guessing it is about 49" wide or so..that is a full 1.5" wider than most of the other quads out there..not sure if just wheels could do the trick...47" in the woods is about perfect IMO..If someone gets to see one in person through a tape on the front for me!!!

11-17-2005, 01:41 PM
41.2 front track

If that's what your looking for.

But yeah the quad is like 49.75 inches wide.

Bajakawi
11-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Thanks..I ended up seeing the specs in a magazine yesterday..41.2" front track..that is WIDE as hell! wow, it may be tougher than I thought to narrow, may HAVE to go with shorter a-arms....but we will see

OKTRX450R
11-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the not so good news Jason...New England...what is the temp like there in April? Brrr...sounds cold!!!

From talking to my sources , and dealers I have been told dont expect it until right near the end of January at the earliest. My contact in the magazine world said the same thing they dont expect to throe a leg over it until January at the earliest also. I was hoping a little sooner but our season doesnt start until April up here In New England so i can wait. !!! Hell I waited the last 3 years i can wait another 3 months!

Jason

11-18-2005, 10:14 PM
I called my dealer, they said they expect to get a cupple by febuary. I want one. selling my 400ex in december. so not to long w/o quad.

jason14x
11-19-2005, 02:01 PM
The temp up here is anywhere from .....,well we've had snow as late as like the 20th in recent years or it can be as warm as the 70's sometimes 90's. Thats whats so unique about New England ...dont like the weaterh wait a day or so...it'll change. As far as the news sorry but I was hoping to see one sooner too..but Like I said with our seasons up here I wont be able to ride it without going a couple hours away until around April so I can wait

Jason