PDA

View Full Version : car alarms

mac450
10-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Well ive had my car broke into 2 weeks in a row so far and ive replaced the same window twice now, now on the 3rd window. I guess that means get a alarm. Need your opinion on what alarm to get since i dont know much about them.

bulkdriverlp
10-04-2005, 02:57 PM
none, by the time you rolled out of bed everything would be gone anyways

tater_kamik
10-04-2005, 03:51 PM
well, you cannot stop them from breaking into your car... but you can limit your exposure. park in well lit areas, do not leave any sort of valuables in your car, lock out the trunk so you cannot pop it from the front, etc. as for alarms, they are mostly ignored. but they do grab attention and have a tendency to ward off the little b*****s that will do this. any alarm from directed electronics (clifford, viper, python) is a good solid reliable alarm, but it has to be installed correctly. if you park your car close to where you work/sleep, etc then i recommend having a pager remote, then you will have another form of alert other than hoping your hear an car alarm. it may not keep them from breaking in, but im sure it would make them think a second time about doing your car, or the one next to you

tater_kamik
10-04-2005, 03:53 PM
but there are those who just dont care... for example this car thief (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/carthieframpage.html)