PDA

View Full Version : hooking up kill switch

TheFontMaster
10-04-2005, 01:59 PM
I have a pro armor kill switch that I need to get hooked up. I know one wire goes to ground, and another on the coil. But it has one wire that is shorter than the other, and I was told that the wires have to go to a certain area. Which wire goes to ground, and which to the coil, and where on the coil do I hook it up to, and do I splice into the ground wire or what. It's a stock wireing harness.

Jester
10-04-2005, 03:18 PM
one wire to the hot side of the coil, and one to the ground....

the wire of the opposite side of the teather clip goes to ground.

(really doesn't matter, but if there is a metal part on it like mine, and you hook it up the other way, you'll get a nice boost of energy when your hand is wet and you touch the killswitch)

TheFontMaster
10-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Jester
one wire to the hot side of the coil, and one to the ground....

the wire of the opposite side of the teather clip goes to ground.

(really doesn't matter, but if there is a metal part on it like mine, and you hook it up the other way, you'll get a nice boost of energy when your hand is wet and you touch the killswitch)

Yea thats one reson why I would like to know which wire goes where, so I don't get that nice little jolt if I touch the kill switch.

JDiablo
10-04-2005, 05:32 PM
shorter is ground,longer is CDI

TheFontMaster
10-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Ok so I hooked in the kill switch, I spliced it into the ground wire, with the short wire hooked right to ground, and the long wire hooked into the part of the ground wire that hooked back into the kill switch, it still didn't work. Can I just hook the kill switch wire up to the ground with the stock ground wire hooked in too, but I don't know I would think there has to be a break somewhere. Mabey someone else can give me a better discription of how to do it, and tomorow I'll give it another try.:ermm:

Jester
10-06-2005, 07:57 PM
short wire to ground

long wire to HOT SIDE of coil

you need to ground out the coil before the spark!

TheFontMaster
10-07-2005, 02:31 PM
I should also mention that I don't have the factory stop switch with the on off switch, and the light switches, and I don't plan on running one of em.

bwamos
10-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Ok so I hooked in the kill switch, I spliced it into the ground wire, with the short wire hooked right to ground, and the long wire hooked into the part of the ground wire that hooked back into the kill switch, it still didn't work.

Just confirming the other guy.

You need to splice into the power wire going into the coil. Grounding the ground won't bypass the coil. ;)

TheFontMaster
10-07-2005, 04:00 PM
I really hate wireing, I found out what wires and everything that I have to do, but now I can't even get the damn thing started. I only touched like 2 wires while I was trying to get everything going, and they were the ground wire, and the yellow/black wire that I was told to hook the long kill switch wire into. But I didn't cut the wire, just got it so that some bare wire was showing to hook the wire to.