PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Katrina Donation Drive for GNCC Racer John Saxon

Admin
10-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Over one month ago on August 29th, Hurricane Katrina made landfall near Buras, LA as a Category 4 storm with winds 145MPH, and it devastated many communities in Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi as you probably have already seen over and over again on the news for several weeks, and everyone has been made well aware of the damage in New Orleans, LA, but Katrina was such a powerful and large storm that it reached far inland and beyond the center of circulation to affects those normally a safe distance from the Gulf of Mexico shore line.

Fellow GNCC racer, #240 John Saxon lives over 30 miles from the coast and over 130 miles from New Orleans, LA in Lucedale, MS, but it wasn’t far enough to avoid being affected by the wrath of Hurricane Katrina.

John’s home and property received extensive damage from the strong winds and heavy rains, which left him with a leaking roof on his house and a completing leveled garage scattered through out his yard along with numerous fallen trees around his property.

Hurricane Katrina truly left its mark on the Saxon family, and they are all thankful to be alive and begin the rebuilding process,. which has since became a fulltime job for the Saxon family as clean up the debris and rebuild.

John thankfully did have some insurance, but with the extent of the damage in the south, the last I heard was that the adjuster has yet to contact them, so they were forced to pull out their savings and start purchasing all the materials themselves to rebuild before it became difficult just to find lumber and supplies in the area.

The rebuilding process and lack of funds has put John’s GNCC racing on hold since the summer break and he has been forced to skip the past two races at Yadkinville and Unadilla. Before this tragedy, John was in a points chase with Thomas Wright, but in John’s absences Wright wrapped up the Championship at Yadkinville, which left John in hopes of preserving his second place finish for the year, but he has only competed in eight races this season and currently still remains in second place barely over Mike Butler, and it is extremely important to John that he be able to make at least one more race this season to make the nine minimum, so all his effort and dedication wouldn’t be also ruined by Hurricane Katrina.

I am asking for my fellow GNCC racers and ATVriders.com members to join together and help John Saxon financially attend atleast one of the final two remaining rounds of the GNCC series, so he still will have a chance to preserve his second place finish and give him something positive to think about besides all the heart ache him and his family has experienced over the past month.

I am personally contributing $100.00 and the 35+ Class Champion, Thomas Wright, has also agreed to donate $100.00 to John, but we need much more than this, so if you are willing to contribute please send your donations via PayPal; to webmaster@atvriders.com or bring your donation to GNCC race because there will be a collection jar at Rider Registration for John Saxon.

For those that can contribute, I thank you in advance on behalf of John Saxon and his family for your support.