PDA

View Full Version : '06 @ Florence

Hawk2max
10-04-2005, 10:14 AM
This past weekend I was able to take the new '06 450r out at Florence and I must say it is a great step in the right direction for honda. I have an '04 and though I still love my quad these new changes make for a great machine.
-First thing I noticed was that it can wheelie for ever. You can hit that sweet spot and ride the wheelie all day long.

-The one bad thing I noticed was that it hesitated more than once when I gave it immediate throttle it first and second gear.

-This thing jumps amazing. The control you have with it while in the air is awesome. The weight difference really isn't a factor at all.

-The e-start is a nice feature I guess it will depend on whether you prefer it or not. I have to give compliments to Honda though for listening to their customers and giving them a choice on this feature.

-The lower center of gravity makes a big difference in how the quad controls. You are able to point and shoot, the quad doesn't feel likes it's going to flip over half the time.

-Now for the power. I have a 13 tooth in my quad so it was an interesting comparison. I have to say though the power is awesome. It has more power with the 14 tooth in and it was noticeable. I can't wait to see how these things tear up the sand with an exhaust, jet, and cam, they will be a fierce competitor.

-The overall verdict: I love the new machine! All of the changes were definitely needed. Whether or not to change from an 04,05 to the new 06 would depend on the person and whether they can spend the money. It is an awesome new machine and I know that all of the competition should be watching out.

400excracer
10-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Nice post! Thanks for the info. I wish I could afford to get an 06 now. Guess I'll have to wait until I get my tax returns in Feb. By then the price should be a little more negotable. I did get to sit on a new one Sat. after my race. I am a little concerned about the seat. It feels pretty hard compared to my 400EX.

Transplant2
10-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Dude...I agree with all you said...it's a nice ride huh? I will be in Spinreel this weekend...can't wait to get out and ride it again.