PDA

View Full Version : gncc racing

biscuit_450r
10-04-2005, 05:53 AM
There is a gncc race at powerline park in Ohio, and that is only 20 miles away from where I live so I was going to race there this saturday. But I had a couple questions. First what do I do about my numbers, I heard that they give you a number, so I wont need to bring numbers. And does each class have a diffrent color number plate? Will I need one? And I already have my regular number 4 on my quad so will I need to cover it up somehow, if so how?

And also I didn't know what class I should run in. I have a 450r with a pipe, filter, and razr's. And this will be my first gncc race, I have mx'ed alot though. So should I run in first year racer, or 4-stroke C or what? Which class would be the best for me?

quad_45
10-04-2005, 06:56 AM
Go onto www.gnccracing.com It will give you all your classes and colors! Good luck!

Shawn H
10-04-2005, 07:00 AM
The class you choose is soley up to you.

Can you race for 2hrs straight? How do ya finish in MX? what class ya race? Lots of factors.

If I were you I would go age group C-class

bradley300
10-04-2005, 08:16 AM
you wont need plates, and just run a peice of tape across your 4

400exvet
10-05-2005, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by biscuit_450r
There is a gncc race at powerline park in Ohio, and that is only 20 miles away from where I live so I was going to race there this saturday. But I had a couple questions. First what do I do about my numbers, I heard that they give you a number, so I wont need to bring numbers. And does each class have a diffrent color number plate? Will I need one? And I already have my regular number 4 on my quad so will I need to cover it up somehow, if so how?

And also I didn't know what class I should run in. I have a 450r with a pipe, filter, and razr's. And this will be my first gncc race, I have mx'ed alot though. So should I run in first year racer, or 4-stroke C or what? Which class would be the best for me?

When you sign up, you will need an AMA card and know your class. I would suggest "C" class for whatever age you are. That class runs in the morning race at 10:00 am. They are quite competitive classes but if you can't keep up, you will not be in the way. If yelled at, move over....if you catch someone that is slow, yell at them until they move over. They will give you a number and tell you where to put it. No need for colored plates and just X out your number 4 with duct tape. Just plan on finishing your first GNCC....they are tough....pace yourself, you could be racing for up to 2.5 hours. I would also suggest that you sign up and get your quad inspected on Friday. I'm not sure how it works with leaving and coming back but I think you will only have to pay once. The entrance fee for the track is ususlly around 13.00 and I think it is 30.00 to race. Have fun!

prepracing
10-05-2005, 11:51 PM
you must have a kill switch, and better make sure it works cause they test them in tec spec most of the time. The only number you will need is the barcoded one for your helmet and a small one you tape to your handle bars, which they will give you and show you where to put them. And if you do not already have an AMA or ATVA card you will have to get one there at the race