PDA

View Full Version : jetting ?'s

StuckInTheMud
10-03-2005, 10:19 PM
ok what is the stock jet size? i have a port and polish job, and i about to take my airbox lid off, what would i have to put in it, what about if i cut my pipe into a shorty???thanks

Jersey450R
10-04-2005, 05:22 AM
you have your head ported and polished but no aftermarket exhaust? :confused: I know its not illegal or anything but dude, get a pipe. then rejet from there. Dont cut your stock pipe, I hate when people do that. Its loud, obnoxius, and kills your valves from no back-pressure. Just take the baffle out if you want to wait for exhaust.
Stock main in an 05' is a 118. If you take your lid off with a stock pipe, try a 125. When i got my quad, i cut the back out of my airbox HRC style, got a uni filter, took the baffle out, and ran a 125 main for awhile until i could afford and exhaust. It ran beautiful. If you ditch the whole lid, try a 155 with stock pipe and work up from there.
Right now, i'm running a HMF slip-on, uni filter, no airbox lid, and have a 170 main. She purrs. :cool:

ALLUWANT
10-04-2005, 05:44 AM
we took my buddys and took the spark arrestor out of stock pipe and took the air box lid off and put in a uni filter. we put a 175 main in it and it loves it. but no more pumpin the gas before u kick it. just choke it or whatever just dont pump the gas. i have a full exhaust on mine with k&n and im runnin a 195 main